8-27: Greg Cosell Talks Bills' QB & OL Performances vs. the Bengals

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 8-27: Greg Cosell Talks Bills' QB & OL Performances vs. the Bengals

Thanks for the link, two-six. G.Cosell is as good as it gets. All I saw were jailbreak pass rushers. 

Allen has a laser. I can see where his delivery may come just a tad too quick on some throws, given the WR routes. He definitely got a Crash Course yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It was a good interview from Greg, and he made some very salient points about Allen rushing the plays before the WR and RB’s had hit their breaks, and even made it easier for the DLine easier for them to get to Allen.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks for the link, two-six. G.Cosell is as good as it gets. All I saw were jailbreak pass rushers. 

Allen has a laser. I can see where his delivery may come just a tad too quick on some throws, given the WR routes. He definitely got a Crash Course yesterday.

Love hearing him discuss QBs.  One of the best in the business. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It was a good interview from Greg, and he made some very salient points about Allen rushing the plays before the WR and RB’s had hit their breaks, and even made it easier for the DLine easier for them to get to Allen.

Everything we saw vs the Bengals were what I saw on film at Wyoming, which I should have expected because it's his 1st real look at NFL quality speed. 

He is a piece of clay that needs time to mold. If you start him as a rookie you must have patience. We've seen the talent, now we just have to let him develop. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Daboll should have made adjustments to compensate for OL so Allen could throw sooner then planned.

30 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Everything we saw vs the Bengals were what I saw on film at Wyoming, which I should have expected because it's his 1st real look at NFL quality speed. 

He is a piece of clay that needs time to mold. If you start him as a rookie you must have patience. We've seen the talent, now we just have to let him develop. 

patience  is a word often not understood with some Bills fans 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ALF said:

Daboll should have made adjustments to compensate for OL so Allen could throw sooner then planned.

You're not doing adjustments in the 1st half of a preseason game. IMO the Bills wanted to see what they could handle. That's one of the best DLs in football, they learned a lot. A lot of bad, but it should be helpful. We're going to see a lot of max protect. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

patience  is a word often not understood with some Bills fans 

No because they want to win, it's just not likely with a rookie QB. How many rookie QB's have had winning records? Not many. It happens, but typically you need a top 5 defense as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

You're not doing adjustments in the 1st half of a preseason game. IMO the Bills wanted to see what they could handle. That's one of the best DLs in football, they learned a lot. A lot of bad, but it should be helpful. We're going to see a lot of max protect. 

No because they want to win, it's just not likely with a rookie QB. How many rookie QB's have had winning records? Not many. It happens, but typically you need a top 5 defense as well. 

They want to win, but as currently constructed it looks as if this season will be a set back from the last with a greater vision in mind for '19 and beyond.  It's a question of when Allen will start this season rather than if.   He'll learn best by doing. 

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

...LOL.....there were some throws that could have taken off the receiver's hand if they came close.....damn football with a vapor trail...Jesus.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

in which context - Bills Fans or the Buffalo Bills?   

If its the fans, then imo I say - Not totally correct.  

Just look at the crowd that "predicts" a 4 to 6 win season.  (before Sundays outing) Now its the first 8 weeks with ZERO wins.

29 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

in which context - Bills Fans or the Buffalo Bills?   

If its the fans, then imo I say - Not totally correct.  

Just look at the crowd that "predicts" a 4 to 6 win season.  (before Sundays outing) Now its the first 8 weeks with ZERO wins.

Just because some fans are not optimistic doesn't mean that they don't want the team to win.   Wanting the team to win doesn't equate to ignoring the team's shortcomings.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Just because some fans are not optimistic doesn't mean that they don't want the team to win.   Wanting the team to win doesn't equate to ignoring the team's shortcomings.

even the guys high on Tyrod predicted 4 to 6 wins for 3 straight seasons 

optimism..  I always want 8 or more wins   preferably 10  or more