FA OL

RyanC883

I think for the most part, we knew our O Line would be relatively bad... but i don't think we imagined it'd be this bad. Not having Dion Dawkins in there definitely hurt. Having him in there only makes everyone else around him a bit better. But its kinda ironic, they say its harder to find good tackles in this league & easier to find interior guys & here we appear to have the opposite. Poor center/guards & 1 good tackle & the other serviceable.

I know we're all hoping that Beane finds some help but at this point I don't know what he really can do. Every team is looking for good OL-men. The best we can hope for is that someone elses trash is better than our trash. If we can find better garbage out there then i guess its still an upgrade?

I'll tell ya what though, if the line doesnt improve over the course of the season, theres gonna be a lot of hard questions for Beane to answer as to why they didn't address the position better heading into this year. The writing was on the wall with Wood & Ritchie leaving, it's not like they didn't see this coming. As always I guess we'll just have to hope for the best

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The problem with Bodine is he looks more like a Bovine.

Miller is a classic hip bender and totally outclassed against quality D linemen.

I'm hoping we pick up 1 or more cut O linemen once cuts happen. 

Good luck finding starting quality OL in other teams dumpsters at cut down day.

2 hours ago, The Final Word said:

That is so true.  I am just trying to give people some open.  Many people here life’s hinge on the bills and they hold on like a thread hoping the bills turn it around, that is all they have.  Once hope is gone, ouch.  

Green Kool Aid for the masses :death:

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...saw a couple of posts saying "many teams are struggling with OL woes".......why is this kid still on the market?....just curious.....#2 overall and only 26..............

I have no clue....it's a great question.  

18 hours ago, brianthomas said:

I think for the most part, we knew our O Line would be relatively bad... but i don't think we imagined it'd be this bad. Not having Dion Dawkins in there definitely hurt. Having him in there only makes everyone else around him a bit better. But its kinda ironic, they say its harder to find good tackles in this league & easier to find interior guys & here we appear to have the opposite. Poor center/guards & 1 good tackle & the other serviceable.

I know we're all hoping that Beane finds some help but at this point I don't know what he really can do. Every team is looking for good OL-men. The best we can hope for is that someone elses trash is better than our trash. If we can find better garbage out there then i guess its still an upgrade?

I'll tell ya what though, if the line doesnt improve over the course of the season, theres gonna be a lot of hard questions for Beane to answer as to why they didn't address the position better heading into this year. The writing was on the wall with Wood & Ritchie leaving, it's not like they didn't see this coming. As always I guess we'll just have to hope for the best

I think Castro will be on the way out if the Line does not improve.  With all the holes this roster had, Beane upgraded in many areas, including the O-line....at least on paper.  Next year when the dead cap money is gone I expect we will be signing several FA OL.