OBJ Signs Record Deal

wppete

I've never been able to figure out why people are concerned with what OTHER people make in ANY business.  If you don't want to feel you're contributing to OBJ's paycheck, don't go the games. Don't watch on TV. And don't pay your DirecTV bill.  The NFL has a salary cap. Whatever they pay OBJ is just money that they can't pay another player.  If anyone is upset it should be the other players in his Locker Room.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I've never been able to figure out why people are concerned with what OTHER people make in ANY business.  If you don't want to feel you're contributing to OBJ's paycheck, don't go the games. Don't watch on TV. And don't pay your DirecTV bill.  The NFL has a salary cap. Whatever they pay OBJ is just money that they can't pay another player.  If anyone is upset it should be the other players in his Locker Room.

well said

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Each NFL team took in $255M in national revenues last year. That is merchandise, licensing and TV. The cap last year was $168M. Networks will always fight over live sports.

So, the Giants can afford this?

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sorry, but no way he’s worth that much.  He’s maybe the 3rd best receiver in the game.  

This scares me as to where contracts are going. 

Julio will break 20 mil easily next time. 

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Each NFL team took in $255M in national revenues last year. That is merchandise, licensing and TV. The cap last year was $168M. Networks will always fight over live sports.

The owners make so much money but are cheap when it comes to their Super Bowl spectacle where they have the halftime acts pay them for the “privilege” of performing.  They also ask for local volunteers to put up and take down the stage.

14 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

The owners make so much money but are cheap when it comes to their Super Bowl spectacle where they have the halftime acts pay them for the “privilege” of performing.  They also ask for local volunteers to put up and take down the stage.

Yeah, they certainly do some tacky things. I believe that those volunteers aren’t even allowed to stay through the game.

20 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Hey, you can’t blame the owners for being good at making money.