If peterman starts what’s the point of keeping AJ

4 minutes ago, ******* said:

If peterman starts what is the point of keeping AJ? Showcase him on Thursday then trade him 

well the FO would have more time to develop AJ, and hopefully address the OL situation without throwing their 1st round draft pick to the wolves. 

Just now, sleeby said:

By your logic, what was the point of keeping tom Brady his first year?  Or many other greats that did not start week one of their rookie year?  Trolling, much?  

perhaps they were being genuine.

2 minutes ago, ******* said:

If peterman starts what is the point of keeping AJ? Showcase him on Thursday then trade him 

If you watched the game yesterday, the only question you should be asking is, is Beane updating his database of NFL FA QBs hourly?  Methinks he'll need it.

7 minutes ago, ******* said:

In addition to what others have posted about the atrocious oline play, may I add as well that you or I haven't got a clue what else AJ offers to this team even as a second or third QB. I have heard he is pretty good in the film room and can help 2 young QBs there. By your thought process, why keep Bush if we have Poyer and Hyde? So, lets recap.

1. Keep him because hes not an expensive player.

2. Not likely to find someone better at this point in preseason.

3.He has the most experience as an NFL QB in the QB room. 

4. Bad oline play, really going to need depth at the position.

5. Can help Allen and Peterman in the film room.

6. Have to list his smoking hot wife.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

AJ May start.

week 4?  could be 

or not 

“When you look across all three games to this point, including practice, but let’s just take the games, he has shown that consistency, which is good to see,” said McDermott. “A young player just in the start of his second season who has shown some poise and some understanding of how the NFL works in terms of defensive schemes. So I’ve watched him grow and develop, which is good to see. Still more work to do, but I think he has been consistent, which is important at the quarterback position.”

Perhaps what is most impressive about Peterman’s game is his ball location. Not only is Peterman accurate most of the time, but his ball placement is almost always in a place where only his receiving target can make a play on the ball and not the defender.

“I think he’s been accurate,” said McDermott. “We noticed that in college as well. Certainly, there are some throws he’d like back from practice to games, but again he gives the guys a chance to run after the catch, which is important.”

Peterman was responsible for orchestrating both of the team’s touchdown drives in the second half. He’s a rhythm passer, who has generally made good decisions and been extremely accurate. That counts for a lot in the NFL. It appears he’s put himself in the best position to be named the starter, but he’s not assuming anything.

21 minutes ago, sleeby said:

By your logic, what was the point of keeping tom Brady his first year?  Or many other greats that did not start week one of their rookie year?  Trolling, much?  

McCarron pretty assuredly isn't "great".

But he has a smoking hot model wife so it adds to the hotness at the stadium. This alone is reason enough to keep him.