The Bills did better by Manuel in year 1

They draft Manuel and follow that up with Woods in round 2 and Goodwin in round 3. Give your young QB a chance to grow with young weapons. They also had an offensive line that was competent under Gailey and 2 running backs that were very good.

This year they draft Allen, had no 2nd round picks with that move, trade the pick at the top of round 3 so they can move up for a LB. They then use their other 3rd round pick on a DT and wait until round 6 to draft a gadget receiver. O line in shambles and pick a 30 year old Chris Ivory to complement McCoy.

They should have put McDermotts defensive ego aside and gotten this kid some targets to grow with and a line to block for when he eventually plays THIS SEASON.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

They draft Manuel and follow that up with Woods in round 2 and Goodwin in round 3. Give your young QB a chance to grow with young weapons. They also had an offensive line that was competent under Gailey and 2 running backs that were very good.

This year they draft Allen, had no 2nd round picks with that move, trade the pick at the top of round 3 so they can move up for a LB. They then use their other 3rd round pick on a DT and wait until round 6 to draft a gadget receiver. O line in shambles and pick a 30 year old Chris Ivory to complement McCoy.

They should have put McDermotts defensive ego aside and gotten this kid some targets to grow with and a line to block for when he eventually plays THIS SEASON.

And we're stuck with this coach and GM because you can tell the owner really really likes them.  Oh no, what are we gonna do?

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

But I heard Whaley sucked

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

You’re right. Every hole should have been plugged this past offseason. McDermott is a witch. Burn him I say!!! Burn him!!! ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

WR is not an issue for us IMO, and Incognito had a deal in place but reneged, and that would of not mattered as he has clearly gone off the rails. Woods was unfortunate... but I do agree, since my hindsight is 20/20, we really need quality interior OL / C

43 minutes ago, the skycap said:

But I heard Whaley sucked

He traded up for Watkins when Mack was sitting there. Now tell me again how great Whaley was for us..

Edited by ddaryl
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

We drafted Zay Jones and traded for Kelvin Benjamin. I’m confident they will continue adding more weapons on offense to put around Allen.

Do you people think every need can be addressed in a single offseason? 

No but I am more concerned that they lost two pro bowl caliber O-Line players and they did nothing to bring in a solid veteran. That for all of the QB's is far more erroneous in my eyes.

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

No but I am more concerned that they lost two pro bowl caliber O-Line players and they did nothing to bring in a solid veteran. That for all of the QB's is far more erroneous in my eyes.

Only one (Wood) was foreseen. The other (Incognito) happened AFTER the draft, so I'm not sure what it was you expected him to do. Couldn't draft a replacement for a guy who you didn't know was going to lose his damned mind. And since FA is BEFORE the draft, that wasn't really an answer either.

32 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Only one (Wood) was foreseen. The other (Incognito) happened AFTER the draft, so I'm not sure what it was you expected him to do. Couldn't draft a replacement for a guy who you didn't know was going to lose his damned mind. And since FA is BEFORE the draft, that wasn't really an answer either.

It's the GM's job to fix those type of holes. Last year he knew trading Watkins/Darby he had to replace both and did. Sitting idle and hoping for the best isn't going to cut it.

50 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Woods was a free agent and chose to leave.

And he didn't respect guys like Watkins and Dareus for good reason.

Not sure what Watkins did wrong aside from injuries he couldn't help and drawing attention that no receive on this roster can command.

• Like (+1) 1

Offensive line is the hardest position to fill in the NFL right now other than QB. Our two best offensive linemen from last year retired. It's just bad luck. If there's one thing I'd criticize McBeane for it's that they've been too willing to trade up in the draft (Jones, Dawkins, Edmunds) which left them with less picks to draft line depth.