[Vague Title] The Sky Is Not Falling

1 hour ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

Yeah I am. Been stationed overseas for about a year and a half now, so games are at weird times for me. 

Best of luck to you! I did my 4yrs a while back. Talk about cold front, I was stationed at Elmendorf (Ak) for 2 years. NFL games were seen about 6 hours after they

were played! Elmendorf was considered overseas because it was out of the 48 states.

Does "Cold Front" have anything to do with where you're stationed?   PS: I grew up in WNY, that's why I'm a Bills fan.   Take care, man.

18 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Best of luck to you! I did my 4yrs a while back. Talk about cold front, I was stationed at Elmendorf (Ak) for 2 years. NFL games were seen about 6 hours after they

were played! Elmendorf was considered overseas because it was out of the 48 states.

Does "Cold Front" have anything to do with where you're stationed?   PS: I grew up in WNY, that's why I'm a Bills fan.   Take care, man.

Im stationed on Okinawa right now, so it's pretty much the opposite of the cold front I'm used to, as I also grew up in Bufffalo.  Regular season games are at 0200 Monday morning for me. The cold front name was a reference to the D line we had a few years ago wreaking havoc. 

1 hour ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

Im stationed on Okinawa right now, so it's pretty much the opposite of the cold front I'm used to, as I also grew up in Bufffalo.  Regular season games are at 0200 Monday morning for me. The cold front name was a reference to the D line we had a few years ago wreaking havoc. 

Ah yes, the D line when Schwartz was the coordinator, those were kick azz games. Then the D "genious" Wrecks come in and disassembles it.  Oki they say is good

duty.  My area of specialization was personnel clerk. What's yours and, do you like the work?

Good luck to you ColdFront.  It's getting late here on the east coast, I'm shutting down & spend time with the wife. Take care.

14 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

couldn't help but think...how could they possibly be playing this bad(all the way around)?  are they sending a signal as to who they want to start the regular season?

This is the second year in a row I've seen a crazy conspiracy theory about the offensive line. The simple answer is that they just suck.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, dpberr said:

I don't think the Bills have shown a thing on defense scheme wise.  I think you're seeing a combination of experiments and evaluation

Not a fan of experimenting if they still haven't figured it out. Hope they run the right experiment last preseason game?

9 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Not a fan of experimenting if they still haven't figured it out. Hope they run the right experiment last preseason game?

The last preseason game is to figure out which of the players on the bubble to keep, and which ones to get rid of.  Not much more.  If they haven't figured it out by now, they won't by week 1.  It's possible they do have it figured out but don't want to tip their hand, but we won't know until the ravens game.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

The only hope we have is that coaches were putting players in tough spots to see if they could handle them, that they won't be put in during the regular season. However, seems no one handled their responsibilities well, and you can't give help to everyone...

You must be referring to playing against 1st string opposing players as being in a tough spot.  Bills will do well when they play against the second and third stringers.  Oh, thats right, third string will be gone after cut downs and second string will seldom see the field.  

Since our defense has been less than inspiring, I wonder if some of the offensive woes the Bills are experiencing are due to going up against this defense during training camp.  They may have thought this defense was better than it appears to be, and that the offense therefore isn't as good as it might have appeared to be in training camp.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, bmur66 said:

Castillo at QB. Best idea yet!

ROFL, let him get his arse handed to him at QB and then let's see his take on those players. 

Castillio is a joke as is his offensive line which is truly offensive! This kinda reminds me of Doug Marrone out on the field showing the linemen how to do it and they then fall on their faces hard. How the guy kept his job after last year's line performance, run game performance was a bit bewildering. 

On 8/28/2018 at 10:41 AM, RevWarRifleman said:

Ah yes, the D line when Schwartz was the coordinator, those were kick azz games. Then the D "genious" Wrecks come in and disassembles it.  Oki they say is good

duty.  My area of specialization was personnel clerk. What's yours and, do you like the work?

Good luck to you ColdFront.  It's getting late here on the east coast, I'm shutting down & spend time with the wife. Take care.

Yeah, I miss that defense. Was a blast watching them fluster and beat Aaron Rodgers. I'm an AMMO guy, I enjoy the work. I get to mess with bombs all day so it's not too bad. Oki is pretty nice too, jus hard to watch games. Monday's are long days. 

I wanna be positive here.

The Bills went to the playoffs last year despite not being good on the line of scrimmage. They won't get away with that two years in a row.

Unless a miracle happens on the OL and Star is the star they signed, chances are it ain't getting better this year.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Almost every preseason there is a point where a group of fans collectively lose their minds over the Bills performance, then later realize by the end of the first half in game one of the regular season, that preseason doesn't really matter. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

14 hours ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

Yeah, I miss that defense. Was a blast watching them fluster and beat Aaron Rodgers. I'm an AMMO guy, I enjoy the work. I get to mess with bombs all day so it's not too bad. Oki is pretty nice too, jus hard to watch games. Monday's are long days. 

Ahh that GB game in 2014 was a thing of beauty! We just dominated a premier team with a great qb. Like all of us, I'm hoping we return to that level REAL fast.

AMMO huh? Well its good that you enjoy the work. I was in the AF in the ancient times, '68-'72. But looking back, I sure got a lot out of those 4 yrs. Didn't think much

about it during those years, but with age, comes A LOT of wisdom. Did a of of travelling on vacation time, Hawaii, Japan, So Cal, England & Holland. The 4 yrs helped

me to grow up, and I needed it.  Anyway, you made a great post about the current situation about our Bills. FWIW, any time you want to talk about the AF, you know

where you can find me. Good luck to you, sounds like you're doing really well, and lets hope the Bills get some of these wrinkles ironed out & win a lot of ball games.

Take care.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:32 AM, ColdFront_USAF said:

Last, this team is still a work in progress: This mostly goes out to the "Fire Beane and McD now" crowd that will inevitably surface after every loss.  Yes, they neglected the O Line and the WR corps this year, and that was probably a mistake. However, for the first time in my lifetime, it would appear that we have a front office with a long term plan in place. They are well aware that we will have a ton of spending money next year, and Beane did a phenomenal job preserving our 2019 draft picks. This means, if executed properly, we may have a huge influx in talent next year, in addition to key guys like Allen and Edmunds getting a year of experience under their belts. Time will tell if it will work out, but for now, hang in there. We are far from a finished product, and the guys in the high level business meetings are well aware of this. 

This is where I'm at too. Yes, neglecting the WR corps & O-line this offseason was a terrible mistake, especially considering we all knew they had been prepping for a new QB since day 1. You'd think they'd want to surround him with talent & have his protection be the #1 priority, but oh well, maybe next year. Regardless, they do have a plan in place, and next season we have our draft picks & more cap space, so Beane & McDermott should keep their job regardless of our W/L record.