It is going to be interesting to see the impact Shady has...

KingRex

on opposing Ds.  My guess is that some of the problems clearly demonstrated against by lack of OL talent may seem to miraculously go away (until Shady gets injured or simply slowed by the nicks suffered by any 30+ RB) as Ds line-up and individual players react in a manner needed to account for Shady's ability to cut back on plays or almost always make the first player who tries to hit him end up grabbing air.

Allen and the OL simply got bulldozed today by defenders willing to sellout totally on their first moves having confidence that even if they guessed wrong on the play or guessed right but locked up, their LBs or second could handle the Bills if needed.

However, Shady's skillset and vet ability to read the field may on many plays cut the aggression of opponents and cause them to sit back rather than full out attack.as they did successfully today.

We'll see

• Like (+1) 1

I just drafted him in fantasy 2 days ago. I couldn't believe he fell to the third round, but now I realize that I'm just a sucker. This offensive line is the worst I've seen for any pro team, and maybe even college, in my lifetime. In fact, I'm not even sure I've heard stories from yesteryear of worse lines.

I mean, that line play was putrid. I hate Ducasse a lot, but he did show some signs at the end of last year. Without Dawkins, Ducasse is an absolute mess. I honestly liked what I was seeing out of Miller before today - not I'm shocked. 

Bodine is not good, he honestly should have never even been on our radar. We seem to value starts over actually being a good football player. So what if he started a million games in a row, he's trash...

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I mean, that line play was putrid. I hate Ducasse a lot, but he did show some signs at the end of last year. Without Dawkins, Ducasse is an absolute mess. I honestly liked what I was seeing out of Miller before today - not I'm shocked. 

Bodine is not good, he honestly should have never even been on our radar. We seem to value starts over actually being a good football player. So what if he started a million games in a row, he's trash...

Agreed. I think we all under appreciated Eric Wood while he was here. Not just us but the whole NFL. He was such a solid starter who never stood out for any reason good or bad just did his job day in and day out. Now that he’s not here it really shows. 

2 hours ago, KingRex said:

on opposing Ds.  My guess is that some of the problems clearly demonstrated against by lack of OL talent may seem to miraculously go away (until Shady gets injured or simply slowed by the nicks suffered by any 30+ RB) as Ds line-up and individual players react in a manner needed to account for Shady's ability to cut back on plays or almost always make the first player who tries to hit him end up grabbing air.

Allen and the OL simply got bulldozed today by defenders willing to sellout totally on their first moves having confidence that even if they guessed wrong on the play or guessed right but locked up, their LBs or second could handle the Bills if needed.

However, Shady's skillset and vet ability to read the field may on many plays cut the aggression of opponents and cause them to sit back rather than full out attack.as they did successfully today.

We'll see

Couldn't disagree more.

If the OL is as bad as they played against the Bengals in both run and pass blocking, Shady will have little impact, particularly on the bottom line of winning games.

No RB has a huge impact on the bottom line of winning games.

It's why it's foolish to sink a lot of money into one.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Couldn't disagree more.

If the OL is as bad as they played against the Bengals in both run and pass blocking, Shady will have little impact, particularly on the bottom line of winning games.

No RB has a huge impact on the bottom line of winning games.

It's why it's foolish to sink a lot of money into one.

The run game wasn't that bad at all, Murph had what 50+ yards, Stone Cold Ivory had a decent rip or two.....get Shady in there and things will look mildly better.  The Bengals had a plan - pressure Allen - it worked, had this been a regular season game Shady woulda ran for 100+ and the D would have had to adjust......my $0.02

I don't think our OL woes are going to do anything that resembles "miraculously go away".

Shady is not good enough to be the only competent one out of 11 on offense, he will have even more negative runs.

Not sure how a 30 year old RB is going to miraculously improve pass-pro either.

People underrated Wood and Incogs. Everyone trashing Wood for the past couple years is getting their wish.