Sign in to follow this  
John from Riverside

OL what I would like to see happen TOMORROW

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Could a real Doublel Team space eater been had at cheaper ?  I don;'t know whom... but again if the run D is vastly improved from last year then I'm not going to lose sleep over this> its not killing our cap in future years

Benie Logan is exactly that and only 4M so yes 

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Benie Logan is exactly that and only 4M so yes 

welp water under the bridge now and he's a Bill.. Not sure how good either of these guy are or are going to be this year, so any further perceptions by me would be uneducated opinion

10 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

Agree on the first part, strongly disagree with the last sentence. I honestly think Miller was the worst player on the field tonight. He was blown up several times and had slow feet. There was one drive he cost us about 25 yards in two plays. Penalty for 15 and then a sack where he didn’t even touch the guy in front of him (Billings I believe). Our whole interior is garbage but Miller I would like to see on the first bus outta town. His play was embarrassing. 

I agree. It was close between him and Groy but I had Miller as the worst guy out there. And I am an avowed Miller fan - liked him before the draft, thought he had a solid rookie season and a good sophmore season. But he has regressed massively under Castillo's coaching and he was atrocious last night. Worst player on the field. Agreed. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. It was close between him and Groy but I had Miller as the worst guy out there. And I am an avowed Miller fan - liked him before the draft, thought he had a solid rookie season and a good sophmore season. But he has regressed massively under Castillo's coaching and he was atrocious last night. Worst player on the field. Agreed. 

Coaching is a huge deal on the OL because it is about playing as a unit and knowing each others assignments, strengths and weaknesses.  What we are seeing is the anchor that held this OL together retired (Wood) and now they are relying more heavily on the coaching and trying to find their way as a unit.  Problem is that I don't think they have a good enough coach to make up for the lack of talent and leadership to bridge the gap. 

I think you saw the starting lineup yesterday and they will give them a game or two before they change it up.  There is no way that they can put Allen behind that line to start his career if they want to bring along with confidence.  The game is faster already, add guys coming from all angles with no time in the pocket and it's going to be frantic.  You could see the Bills giving up over 100 sacks easily with Allen back there (if he could withstand the beating) - not that he has been bad, but he's a rookie that needs a little more time in the pocket and there is no question that someone trying to correct some deficiencies in his footwork will regress if not given some stability where he can actually set his feet. 

but this was in BuffaloBills.com...

With a young centerpiece like Dawkins, a veteran guard like Ducasse, and a man out for redemption in John Miller; the Bills offensive line could surprise in 2018.

We'd have to come up with 3 very solid starters to consider this OL even average. That assumes that Dawkins can be moved to RT where he belongs and Teller will be better than any other interior OL on the roster (which isn't saying much). Our starters are all backup caliber except Dawkins, who is playing out of position. He was fine at LT in college, but has really struggled in pass protection these last 2 games.

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

We'd have to come up with 3 very solid starters to consider this OL even average. That assumes that Dawkins can be moved to RT where he belongs and Teller will be better than any other interior OL on the roster (which isn't saying much). Our starters are all backup caliber except Dawkins, who is playing out of position. He was fine at LT in college, but has really struggled in pass protection these last 2 games.

He didn't play yesterday.  The fact that you don't know that says volumes about your bias.  I do agree they need to revamp the interior though.

Cogs reportedly busted into OBD and screamed at Pegula, which led to his walking papers. Sounds like he's been off the rails for longer than we originally believed.

Sign in to follow this