OL what I would like to see happen TOMORROW

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

LT - Dawkins of course

LG - Ryan Teller get a player into the position that is not going to get pushed into his QB every other play....Teller has DOMINATED everyone in front of him

C - Groy the best center on the roster

RG - Ugh.....but move Decausse back to RG....not playing well but he did string some solid games together last year

RT - Mills...it says something that we are actually NOT complaining about Mills play....but he sticks

Play this group.....and hope that a OG pops free in cuts maybe a player that is set free because he makes too much due to a younger player coming up behind him but make sure that player is at least decent in pass protection.

Just my thoughts.....

I wouldn't throw Teller into the fire just yet, though it's too bad they didn't give him an opportunity to go against the ones to see what he could do.  He's going to have some growing pains too, so I wouldn't junk the current group just yet...

Just now, BmarvB said:

They MUST invest in the O-line asap. What good is a franchise QB if the line can't protect him?

They will next year.. No NFL team will be cutting or trading quality OL it just does not happen. We may pick up a long in the tooth serviceable vet who has a year left in them but that's probably as good as it gets this year.

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

Who played in place of Dawkins ?  I've read Miller had a bad game , what happened to him with penalties ?  

Newhouse I heard was the LT...  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why is it other DLines look freakishly good, Billings was a terror and to be honest what the hell are we paying Star 50 million dollars for he has been completely invisible and there have been more than a few running lanes open in the middle.   I've noticed Harrison Phillips way more than Star he's been one of the most disruptive forces on the Dline this preseason. 

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I wish they would talk to Incognito for real.  He was never more stable than when he was playing.

If he would come back, he'd instantly be the best OL on the team, and by a wide margin.

I think you've got it mixed.  RI spent a year or so being stable/doing various rehab stints

THEN he got a shot at redemption with the Bills and made good.

Inviting untreated, unremitting crazy in the door, is probably not a good strategy

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

This js what I would like to see tried absent any other signings like brining back Crazy Richie 

LT - Dawkins

LG - Teller

C - Groy (has to live with him at this point)

RG - Mills 

RT - Newhouse

That puts your best 5 on the field. 

Reason I am kicking Mills inside. He does play with power so I am sure he can handle movin inside and anchor fine. He struggles with the space out there at OT. So moving him inside the phone booth should help his Pass Pro. 

Newhouse has played pretty decent specially in pass pro so get him at RT. 

Why do folks always think OT skills automagically transfer to guard?  That was Marrone's theory with Pears - he was a servicable but marginal RT so let's make him a guard.

He was brutal, and Marrone was brutally wrong.

6 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Why is it other DLines look freakishly good, Billings was a terror and to be honest what the hell are we paying Star 50 million dollars for he has been completely invisible and there have been more than a few running lanes open in the middle.   I've noticed Harrison Phillips way more than Star he's been one of the most disruptive forces on the Dline this preseason. 

Lotulelei is a gap eater not a penetrator.. He's going to be invisible all year long.. It will show up in our run defense stats YPC

but none of that matters if they can pass at will.. so hopefully our pass d has some wrinkles we have not seen

Just now, ddaryl said:

Lotulelei is a gap eater not a penetrator.. He's going to be invisible all year long.. It will show up in our run defense stats YPC

but none of that matters if they can pass at will.. so hopefully our pass d has some wrinkles we have not seen

I understand what Star should be doing but what I meant was I did not see him clogging anything, i saw him being pushed around regularly in the first quarter.   You could tell when Dareus was in there eating up blocks (before his contract extention) he could take on a double team and not be moved one inch off the ball.   

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

I understand what Star should be doing but what I meant was I did not see him clogging anything, i saw him being pushed around regularly in the first quarter.   You could tell when Dareus was in there eating up blocks (before his contract extention) he could take on a double team and not be moved one inch off the ball.   

Darius is an obvious headcase who is still getting into trouble so lets not even bring that into the conversation.

I agree Lotulelei has been a concern......but if I read our stats correctly.. 3.35 ypc 95 yards a game this preseason. I'm not sure how much of that is 1st string 2nd string or 4th string but that's a positive sign for run D

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?group=D&cat=R&yr=2018&lg=NFL

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why do folks always think OT skills automagically transfer to guard?  That was Marrone's theory with Pears - he was a servicable but marginal RT so let's make him a guard.

He was brutal, and Marrone was brutally wrong.

Because it happens ALL over the NFL. So why not slide him in there and See. Typically powerful OTs with feet problems (Mills) can make excellent OGs. See Andy Levitre, La’al Collins, Wynn, Pugh happens all over the league. However will never know if you dont try it. 

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

You do not pay a Gap eater 10M a year. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You do not pay a Gap eater 10M a year. 

Well that's a completely different conversation....  However after 2 years we can cut him for cap savings... or cut him next year for a mere $1 million hit according to 

https://overthecap.com/player/star-lotulelei/2282/

so its not as horrible as it sounds we can get out early if its that bad

Edited by ddaryl

10 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Well that's a completely different conversation....  However after 2 years we can cut him for cap savings... or cut him next year for a mere $1 million hit according to 

https://overthecap.com/player/star-lotulelei/2282/

so its not as horrible as it sounds we can get out early if its that bad

I know you can get out of it. You can get out of almost every contract in the NFL. My point though is the evaluation. Why does Beane or McD think a DT that has been non existent since his rookie year worth 10M a year?  When Space eaters could have been had for half that Price and then Bring in a legit Center to replace Eric??

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

LT - Dawkins of course

LG - Ryan Teller get a player into the position that is not going to get pushed into his QB every other play....Teller has DOMINATED everyone in front of him

C - Groy the best center on the roster

RG - Ugh.....but move Decausse back to RG....not playing well but he did string some solid games together last year

RT - Mills...it says something that we are actually NOT complaining about Mills play....but he sticks

Play this group.....and hope that a OG pops free in cuts maybe a player that is set free because he makes too much due to a younger player coming up behind him but make sure that player is at least decent in pass protection.

Just my thoughts.....

Here's what I would like to see happen to the offensive line tomorrow:

See the source image

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I know you can get out of it. You can get out of almost every contract in the NFL. My point though is the evaluation. Why does Beane or McD think a DT that has been non existent since his rookie year worth 10M a year?  When Space eaters could have been had for half that Price and then Bring in a legit Center to replace Eric??

Could a real Doublel Team space eater been had at cheaper ?  I don;'t know whom... but again if the run D is vastly improved from last year then I'm not going to lose sleep over this> its not killing our cap in future years

Edited by ddaryl

Teller has had some issues picking up the X's and O's which is why he hasn't had any time with the ones. But if Ducasse or Miller keep playing the way they have, coaching staff won't have a choice but to let Teller get in there just to see how he does.

What was up with Dawkins? I don't recall reading about him being hurt or anything. Were they resting him and just seeing what Newhouse could do at LT?

It was rough. They need to get their sh!t together. I've never really felt great about the Castillo hire but we'll have to see what happens.