Is it possible we start 0-8?

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That first 8 games look absolutely brutal and I can’t see an “easy” win in the bunch even the Titans who look like the easiest of the teams where in the playoffs last year 

With the team we saw today? 0-16.

Is it possible? Absolutely. I think 3-5 or 4-4 is more likely though. No Dawkins today, no Kyle, still didn't really look like the defensive scheming from last year, and most of all no Shady. A few key injuries and we're definitely screwed. 

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I remember one year we opened up against Seattle who had been to AFC Championship the year before.  No one gave us a chance. We whipped their butts.  They finished up 6-10 that year of something.  You just never know.

I think that was ‘08.  The “ Tom Brady knee” day . The Bills started pretty well that year, iirc. Then sucked the rest of the way. 

1-7/2-6 is probably more realistic but 0-8 can’t be off the table when you consider how brutal the schedule would be even if we didn’t have a litany of questions related to pass protection, the ability to rush the passer, and very dubious offensive “weaponry.” We superficially have the most difficult first quarter, even first half, in the entire league. The opponents, potentially aside from the Colts, are invariably at minimum decent (Ravens, Titans, Texans), if not very good (Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Patriots). And 5 of those first 7 are on the road... and our third home in game #8 is against the Patriots... in prime-time (Monday night), where traditionally they demolish us even more than they typically do.

If Allen doesn’t work out it’s going to be extremely costly, considering we condensed the considerable draft capital we accumulated over 1-2 years into moving up for both him and Edmunds (six 1st-3rd round picks in this past year’s draft became three since we packaged 12 and two 2nd’s to move up to 7 for Allen and then packaged 21 and 65 to move up to 16 for Edmunds). But at least we didn’t touch our 2019 draft picks.

Edited by Midwest1981

I don't think it will happen, but our OL looks bad enough for 2-6.

Our lack of pass rush makes 0-8 a possibility.

The 3 things that stood out to me yesterday were

- Bad pass protection

- No pass rush

- Crappy punting

All of that leads to consistently losing field position and a lotta points.

9 hours ago, Madmax09 said:

This is going to be a rough season. I think they should start the rookie and get the growing pains out of the way. Peterman is not the furture. 

No way, we have to try to win brother. Start Peterman