Time For Change - 2 Preseason + 18 Regular Season Games

LabattBlue

Even now in the 3rd week of preseason games where the starters traditionally play into the 3rd quarter, many of them across the NFL aren't playing at all, or playing less than a half.  Time to stop stealing money from season ticket holders by forcing them to buy two of these games, and drop down to 2 preseason games, and up to 18 regular season games.

The preseason has become a bigger joke than ever...and I didn't think that was possible.

Cut it to 2 preseason games for 2019 and 2020 then eliminate them entriley, then increase to 18 games in the regular season of 2021, eliminate Thursday night games, keep the divisions but seed the playoffs and home field by record not by WC or Division Winner.  Lastly, division winner must be 8-8 or 9-9 to make the playoffs.  Any division winner with a losing record forfeits their playoff spot to the the team with the next best record after the first two Wildcards.

Don't add any more teams to the playoffs.

Just now, Dadonkadonk said:

Cut it to 2 preseason games for 2019 and 2020 then eliminate them entriley, then increase to 18 games in the regular season of 2021, eliminate Thursday night games, keep the divisions but seed the playoffs and home field by record not by WC or Division Winner.  Lastly, division winner must be 8-8 or 9-9 to make the playoffs.  Any division winner with a losing record forfeits their playoff spot to the the team with the next best record after the first two Wildcards.

Don't add any more teams to the playoffs.

None of this is a possibility under the current CBA.

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

How about two preseason games and keep a 16 game schedule. I see no value of going to an 18 game schedule other than greed. 

Not going to happen as owners include preseason as part of the STH package at full prices.  They won't give up the revenue. 

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No changes until the next CBA and the players don't want 18 games. 

I realize the players don't want 18 games, but wonder if they've figured out how much taking the revenues away for those extra two pre-season games will lower the overall cap?

I'm sure thye'd all say we care more about our health than the money.... until they no longer get the money.

I think pre-season is important. It provides opportunities to players who dont start a chance to make a roster. I dont see an issue with 4 games.

I think the current lay out is fine, as long as reg season games are played within the first 10 days of september. 

Edited by GETTOTHE50