Billy Buffalo's New Look

On 8/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If they're smart, they'll go find the 'old' costume, and pass the new one off as some half-assed relative of the original.  I seem to recall the Bisons doing something similar with their mascot Buster about 20-25 years ago.

Yep. Buster, who's an absolute badass, and his cousin Chip. But Chip was never Buster. He was always the "cute" counterpart to the cool Buster. 

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This would be much better, and at halftime you can have rodeo clowns dressed in the opposing team's uniform attempt to dodge a charging buffalo running all over the field. 

billybuffalotaco.jpg

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yep. Buster, who's an absolute badass, and his cousin Chip. But Chip was never Buster. He was always the "cute" counterpart to the cool Buster. 

When Chip first showed up, Buster suddenly disappeared, and none of us in our section heard how or why, or who exactly the new mascot was supposed to be.  Some of Pete Weber's on air comments led me to think they had 'softened' Buster's image, and this new mascot was Buster, part deux.  A couple of weeks later the 'old' Buster was back (the costume was probably out at the cleaners), the new guy was Chip.  I have never heard an 'officially sanctioned explanation' of the multiple mascots.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

When Chip first showed up, Buster suddenly disappeared, and none of us in our section heard how or why, or who exactly the new mascot was supposed to be.  Some of Pete Weber's on air comments led me to think they had 'softened' Buster's image, and this new mascot was Buster, part deux.  A couple of weeks later the 'old' Buster was back (the costume was probably out at the cleaners), the new guy was Chip.  I have never heard an 'officially sanctioned explanation' of the multiple mascots.

I don't remember the part about Buster being gone. I was only about 5 though. I do know from reading the back of Chip's baseball card (that came with the team set I bought every year) that he's Buster's younger cousin.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:59 PM, scribo said:

My 9-year-old son noticed this first thing today. He immediately gave the new look a big thumbs down, saying, "Now Billy looks too happy. We made the playoffs but didn't win enough to be happy, yet."

Love this thought process. 

The new mascot is fat and happy over squeaking into a playoff loss???? ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Well your avatar shows Allen about to throw With the name corner blitz?

Probably is time for me to find something a bit more inspiring... 

That means his arm strength will shock the :censored: out the guy when the ball is already out before he arrives. :D