Groy & Bodine = $4.6 mil in salary cap at center

Punt75

These two centers were awful today.  Bodine was ranked 28th out of the starting centers in the NFL. Why did they sign him?   Ryan Groy was supposed to be Woods replacement at Center yet he's 2nd string at guard & center.  I see nothing at all positive from him.

New England pays their center $800,000.  

Any explanation???

• Haha (+1) 1

Groy was fine at center before Castillo arrived.  The Bodine signing makes no sense just as the Trent Murphy, Ivory, and Star signings make no sense.  Beane's free agency moves are a total fail so far.  McD was much better on his own.  Add giving away draft picks to move up in the draft and not getting any draft comp for Gilmore, and Beane looks like an idiot.  I don't trust him with all the cap space next year.  At this point I would take McD as GM/HC assuming it was him and not Whaley that ran FA/Draft before Beane arrived.

• Haha (+1) 1

Looked like miscommunication and lack of chemistry on the line as a whole. They've been rotating to much at C and LG , add a QB competition and I'd bet the house that the majority of the problem today was just miscommunication versus a very good DL. 

Playing without your very good LT as well, McD wanted to examine individual play , it looked like very little game planning was involved and McD just wanted to look at what guys can and can't do ,to have a set 5 with 2 weeks to prepare for the Real games. Which is what you're supposed to do in a scrimmage, why show any of ur hand ?

22 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Groy was fine at center before Castillo arrived.  The Bodine signing makes no sense just as the Trent Murphy, Ivory, and Star signings make no sense.  Beane's free agency moves are a total fail so far.  McD was much better on his own.  Add giving away draft picks to move up in the draft and not getting any draft comp for Gilmore, and Beane looks like an idiot.  I don't trust him with all the cap space next year.  At this point I would take McD as GM/HC assuming it was him and not Whaley that ran FA/Draft before Beane arrived.

You are not allow to raise valid points about how this offseason was a joke.

And it all began with jumping the gun on 2 over the hill vets..Davis and Ivory.

11 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Say what you will about the moves but Ivory is by far one of the better moves this team has made. Unless watching The Toldozer last year got you excited. We easily upgraded at the position compared to last year. And I’ll add when McCoy was out we were in Trouble. That won’t be the case this year. 

And say say what you will about Davis. I think he played terrible today too. However he was trying to match up against a guy that runs in the 4.2s. Not a single corner in the league is going to match up with him. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Say what you will about the moves but Ivory is by far one of the better moves this team has made. Unless watching The Toldozer last year got you excited. We easily upgraded at the position compared to last year. And I’ll add when McCoy was out we were in Trouble. That won’t be the case this year. 

And say say what you will about Davis. I think he played terrible today too. However he was trying to match up against a guy that runs in the 4.2s. Not a single corner in the league is going to match up with him. 

You had me until you said not a single corner in the league can match up with John Ross. He has 1 career catch, and the team who drafted him in the first round considered moving him to corner.

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

These two centers were awful today.  Bodine was ranked 28th out of the starting centers in the NFL. Why did they sign him?   Ryan Groy was supposed to be Woods replacement at Center yet he's 2nd string at guard & center.  I see nothing at all positive from him.

New England pays their center $800,000.  

Any explanation???

It was bad

53 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

You had me until you said not a single corner in the league can match up with John Ross. He has 1 career catch, and the team who drafted him in the first round considered moving him to corner.

I wasn’t simply stating nobody is going to keep up with him. At the end of the day the guys still runs like a 4.27 or something like that. 

Davis was bad today. But much of it was because he wasn’t fast enough to keep up with the fastest man in the nfl. 

12 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Whaley was really good at FA, but not great at the draft. That being said, outside of qb, a lot of his draft picks are still in the league. Beane reminds me of Tim Murray more and more everyday.

11 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

If he was ranked 28th, he was atleast starting caliber, and not the worst

Not much else can be done with Woods sudden retirement

That's 28th amongst starters. I've see a few that had him last.

12 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

I’d add in 2 costly hasBeens/neverweres in Star & T. Murphy. 

Its all just a fun challenge to us fans. ‘Can you keep up your enthusiasm amid This??’ 

They're playing for keeps in this challenge.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, wppete said:

I’m starting to question how McBean is giving out these contract. We are paying a fullback we rarely use $2.1million! 

What don’t you understand? We are clearing out all of our bad contracts we have to quality football players at important positions, so we can over spend on really bad depth, and unimportant positions. 

Its the process...

(Sarcasm)

Edited by Mango

2 hours ago, Mango said:

What don’t you understand? We are clearing out all of our bad contracts we have to quality football players at important positions, so we can over spend on really bad depth, and unimportant positions. 

Its the process...

Aka we want to bring in "our guys" which is code for we don't want to develop someone else's talent or be tough and try and adapt to their shortfalls. 

This is a sign of a poor plan