Calling Shananigans On the JA hate

1 hour ago, teef said:

i think they were talking about this play on sirius this morning.  it was vlad who got absolutely tossed into allen by geno atkins.

Oh, that was a different play, equally horrible.  Allen sidestepped pressure, set to throw, and Ducasse let his a** be shoved back about 5 feet right into Allen.

I meant I saw Bengals linemen jumping up unscathed, and in at least one case I'm pretty sure I saw one literally hurdling over a Buffalo OLman.  Folks who've played correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just like the ultimate disrespect from a defender to an OLman.  With a real OL that "brings the nasty" like Wood, say, you jump up to tip a pass right in front of them and they put their helmet or hands hard in the solar plexus and take you down.  You'll feel as though you left your legs in the locker room for the next two plays.  Hurdling ought to get a punch in the parts.  You just don't pull that crap with real OLmen.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The OL was bad, but Allen was not great yesterday either. 

There were a few times he had a chance to make plays and failed. Held the ball too long on a few occasions. Stared down WR, that according to one of the Bengals CB's.

The whole offense had a bad day, its preseason, so i don't put too much stock into it. But to me, it seems Allen is not ready. 

There's no question that Allen showed his "game clock" is set on Wyoming College time and needs to adjust to NFL speed.

Allen's WR/TE absolutely did not help him.  He had key drops by Clay and Benjamin, and it's inexplicable to me what McDermott didn't challenge for that 1st down (did anyone ask McD about that post-game?)

As for "not ready", rookies are going to do crap like hold the ball too long and stare down WR on occasion, but we need to get him an OL that's good enough to learn behind.

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

AM I missing something I have seen 0 Allen bashing threads 

There was a bunch in the GDTs but most people realize that the OL was so bad it was hard to evaluate Allen

O line is horrible.  Might be the worst line we've had in a decade.  Got McCaron hurt in week 2.  Allen almost died last night.  

The thing about "needing" to throw only quick hitters is that the defense is going to sit on those routes and with Peterman that could be a disaster if he is the starter.  I think he still starts week 1 but it exemplifies the point of needing a good O line.

Miller was trash, Ducasse too.  They are street bums.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Honestly Allen couldnt handle the pressure today but Peterman can he has a quick release and gets ball out in a hurry.

If our oline was better Allen would shine more, but as it is i think everyone could see peterman as the better option right now.

Plus i dont want our oline getting Allen killed.

If you can't tell that there is a big difference in running against the 2's, then I am not going to bother r xplaining it to you. Plus they even kept the 1''s in with Peterman for a bit to make sure we could show a little offense. If Peterman couldn't move the ball with the 1'same going against their 2's, then he shouldn't be on the field. Every qb we had running the 2''s in the exhibition games did just fine. And 2 out of the 3 game it was Peterman running against them. If McCarron wasn't hurt he would have been running against the 2's in the Bengal game. Big difference going against the 2's. Can't believe I had to even point it out. It amazes me how little some think on here. And the camera views wouldn't allow the viewer to see if Allen was holding it too long. So only people who were there would know at this point. Of course now we will get people coming on here saying they were at the game, even though most were not. 

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I didn’t watch. I have no idea what happened other than it was ugly as hell. 

Whatever you're imagining, it was worse than that.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

The OL was bad, but Allen was not great yesterday either. 

There were a few times he had a chance to make plays and failed. Held the ball too long on a few occasions. Stared down WR, that according to one of the Bengals CB's.

The whole offense had a bad day, its preseason, so i don't put too much stock into it. But to me, it seems Allen is not ready. 

I agree with this. People talk about Peterman only looking good at preseason game speed. Yesterday Josh Allen got his first taste of real NFL game speed and he isn't ready yet. He's about a second behind which is worth a lot at this level. He needs a little more time to refine his internal clock because he was definitely staring people down yesterday. And to be fair 90% of rookie QBs would have looked exactly the same in those conditions. Right now Peterman can handle the offensive line problems better than Allen, and even if he can't I'd still rather it be him taking the hits.

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

But why? Was it Allen or the line? That’s my question. It seems people are split. 

No question it was the line to start with, I think the longer it went on, the more problems Allen had with it. What we will never know is what were the plays that were called, but maybe the all 22 can shed some light if he was missing open receivers due to the pressure...

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

But why? Was it Allen or the line? That’s my question. It seems people are split. 

You should watch for yourself to know for sure. To me it was 80% the line and maybe 20% Allen. But that's not grading him on a curve, that's just what I would consider the blame for any NFL QB. For a rookie I can't really blame him at all because he had zero chance to get in a rhythm. His first pass hit Clay in the hands and was dropped. He had a perfect pass downfield to Kelvin Benjamin in double coverage, it him in the hands and was dropped. He had one of his signature escapes from the pocket and ran for a big 3rd down conversion, but the officials shorted him and for some reason we didn't challenge the spot. Every other play i can think of there was pressure within 2-4 seconds. Probably a couple of those plays he could have done something but it's hard to tell from the broadcast footage.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's the thing: That debacle against the Bengals was definitely NOT all Allen's fault. The offensive line was objectively terrible. Anyone with eyes knows that.

BUT....Allen is not blameless.

He was slow breaking down the huddle, which led him to have to hurry at the line, which led him to not be able to set his protections correctly, which exacerbated the protection issues. He was also slow to come off his first read, slow to process the defense, and held the ball too long.

So again...the offensive line WAS awful, and the offensive failures WERE mostly their fault. But Josh Allen wasn't blameless. He has a lot to improve upon.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Lfod said:

I could of seen Allen go out and throw 9/10 and a TD, you know like Nate Peterman did in his first game. Also did it with the 3's that everyone cried got Josh Killed. Pass the Dutch man that's fire.

And if you didn't realize that Peterman was seeing a minimum of blitzes and packages in that 1st gme then you don't know much about football in my opinion. They left the 1's in for Peterman against the 2's yesterday to make sure he didn't fail, and also to give the line a little success before he took them out. So Peterman had time to get a little rythem going. Allen had no chance from play 1 when his receiver dropped the very catchable pass. And then throw in all the penalties which was pure crap. And then we watch all the missed blocks, our o-line getting manhandled, and our qb getting less than 2 seconds to throw the ball. I don't want Allen trying to play behind a garbage line like that. But I assure you NP is not going to fare well in his debut. They are going to throw him to the wolves. I actually feel sorry for him because they are giving him false hope unless this line improves greatly in 2 weeks time. You will see defenses take away that short game in a hurry. And if our D doesn't improve in a hurry, whoever starts might only see the field 4 times tops in the 1st half if the other team goes on long drives that eat up the clock. And then the D will be on the field too long and get really taken to town in the 2nd half when they are all worn down. Seen it happen too many times when a team looks this bad. So we need to hope both sides of the ball improve a lot or it will be a very long year.

18 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

And if you didn't realize that Peterman was seeing a minimum of blitzes and packages in that 1st gme then you don't know much about football in my opinion. They left the 1's in for Peterman against the 2's yesterday to make sure he didn't fail, and also to give the line a little success before he took them out. So Peterman had time to get a little rythem going. Allen had no chance from play 1 when his receiver dropped the very catchable pass. And then throw in all the penalties which was pure crap. And then we watch all the missed blocks, our o-line getting manhandled, and our qb getting less than 2 seconds to throw the ball. I don't want Allen trying to play behind a garbage line like that. But I assure you NP is not going to fare well in his debut. They are going to throw him to the wolves. I actually feel sorry for him because they are giving him false hope unless this line improves greatly in 2 weeks time. You will see defenses take away that short game in a hurry. And if our D doesn't improve in a hurry, whoever starts might only see the field 4 times tops in the 1st half if the other team goes on long drives that eat up the clock. And then the D will be on the field too long and get really taken to town in the 2nd half when they are all worn down. Seen it happen too many times when a team looks this bad. So we need to hope both sides of the ball improve a lot or it will be a very long year.

So your telling me everything was made super easy for Peterman then they intentionally made it harder because Josh Allen. What your saying is everyone played better for Peterman and gave up for Josh Allen. Your right I don't know football. You would think that the plan was to make Josh Allen look good and the plan didn't work. Not plan to make him look bad to prop up another QB. I'll call McDermott and tell him that the team isn't having a fair competition. 

6 minutes ago, Lfod said:

So your telling me everything was made super easy for Peterman then they intentionally made it harder because Josh Allen. What your saying is everyone played better for Peterman and gave up for Josh Allen. Your right I don't know football. You would think that the plan was to make Josh Allen look good and the plan didn't work. Not plan to make him look bad to prop up another QB. I'll call McDermott and tell him that the team isn't having a fair competition. 

Where did I say that? Get a grip and learn how to comprehend what is written. Quote one thing where I said they made it easier on Peterman. You can't. Now read it again and get it correct this time. All I said was Peterman got the opportunity to get in a rythem. I didn't put blame anywhere other than saying what happened to start the game and what else WA going on with the line and receivers. All fact.

It was a fact that NP started with the 1's against their 2's in the 3rd quarter. And I gave reasons for it. Why would they want to destroy Peterman's confidence ? They were trying to give the line a way to go out on a positive note. A smart thing to do after the way they played in the 1st half. And I am sure at halftime they made adjustments,  so needed to see if they worked. Peterman was the beneficiary of that. So he got time to get a rythem, why does that have to be good or bad concerning Allen? It was different circumstances when the two were playing. Why can't a person point that out? It doesn't mean I want to see NP play poorly. I think whoever they pUT in is going to struggle big time. NP is proNE to getting picked off with his weaker arm. For the most part he has gotten away from a lot of close calls. Pretty soon that pass into the flats will be a pick 6. 

Allen is a team player, if the line gets their crap together, that only helps him and his team. Quit trying to find things in a post because you are insecure about your knowledge. The announcers even said the staff did a poor job of getting Allen in a rythem. They were there and saw it, plus they know more about football than you do. A wild guess I am sure. Please get some comprehension skills. Now please try and quote me where I made all those wild accusations you said I made.

18 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Thats what I saw too. O line is horrid. 

Nope- peterman would’ve thrown 3 picks. 

The hatred on here for peterman is sad and shows a complete ignorance of understanding of the development of some qbs. NP is not likely to set the football world on fire but i doubt any qb would have done well behind that line and even more importantly it was one game- many qbs have had horrible games and bounced back. If he comes out and is awful again i will want him benched but this hatred based on one horrible game where his line was pathetic is out of line.

20 hours ago, GoodHands15 said:

Ok enough is enough. No one is giving JA any credit for getting the $?!@ kicked out of him and getting back up—AND signaling Daboll to put him under center as opposed to the gun.

I needed to see Josh Allen get pummeled and not turn the ball over. He DID that. YOU SAW NERVES. I definitely believe there was a little of that. He never set for that ball to Clay, which was a rookie move, he just slung it... and over compensated on the next shot. 

Outside of of those two plays. He had drops, a bad no challenge, and an absolute joke of an oline. But the one thing I 100% saw was that the pressure did not make his scared to stand in the pocket which is huge. No throwing off the back foot, no bailing out immediately. You could almost see him forcing himself to stand in there...almost like he was making a point to trust it.

I don’t think at any point did he look like garbage. He did all that he could while being asked to wait on intermediate routes.

Show the kid a little love for having a pair!

Did you say the same for Peterman in San Diego, or did you call him garbage?

49 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did you say the same for Peterman in San Diego, or did you call him garbage?

Well, I wasn’t on here at the time. But pregame, I was adamant that his quick release would beat The Chargers D Line. 100%

And I thought the picks were a fluke and was initially disappointed we rolled TT back out because I still thought NP was more talented, better QB.

Has as he made strides? Yerp. Does his throwing capability open up different offensive demensions the defense then has to worry about...

Argueably nerp.

Does Josh’s?

I would argue the defense is 70% more trepidous.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I think one Shananogan is in SF

Jimmy and the Shanahanigans?

I like them more than Sammy and the Jets

Edited by GoodHands15

10 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

There is no such thing as sitting and learning from Nathan fricking Peterman and his 4 quarters of vast experience.

Another reason why Beane is a horrible GM, same goes for the bald ginger.