Calling Shananigans On the JA hate

59 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

He was -5 yards passing. It's not blame, it's not hate, it's not saying he's a bust, it's saying he probably needs a little more time. With an offensive line is horrible as this you got to get rid of the ball faster. Is what it is. Deal with it.

Who on this roster is good at this? 

Peterman? McCarron? Face it Allen is as good a QB as those guys today. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know if it's Allen's fault yet. The all 22 will show if the receivers were getting shut down. My biggest question the whole first half was where is the check down option? If he wasn't looking to his check down with pressure about to be in his face it's on him. But either way there was far too much adversity in this game for a rookie QB to be productive. Horrible blocking, dropped passes, dumb penalties, a 1st down run given a bad spot. I don't think Allen played poorly, it's just hard to evaluate it at all right now.

huh.  every single sack play had zero time to develop. 

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Hell I hated the pick and still think he got tossed to the wolves today.  No excuse for that poor of protection.  I even pointed out in the 1st half thread he was sacked in under 4 seconds with 7 blockers and only a 4 man rush.  You can't evaluate someone under those conditions.

It was like a freakin' jailbreak.  I swear I saw a Cincy DLman hurdling one of our guys at one point.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, scribo said:

I was at the game, focusing on the WRs, TEs and RBs the first-half. Just like last week when McCarron was at the helm, the receivers were not getting any separation, often running into traffic. The TEs and RBs were trying to bloch and releasing late, giving nothing in the way check down options in time considering the paper-thin o-line. Oddly vanilla offense for the 1s each of the past two games now.

Of course it was vanilla. I'm not sure there was anything odd about it. I have a buddy who coaches and goes to all those seminars and ****. I can't remember who but he met an Arizona positional coach this summer, and they were talking preseason. He said the AZ coach told him that they only run about 4 plays the entire game on offense that are actually out of their play book.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

-5 yard passing. Make any excuse you want. -5 yards passing. Not all his fault, far from it. But he's not ready to carry this sorry offense as of yet. Right now, Peterman is the better choice until Josh is ready.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree. Today wasn't on Allen. However, I did not need to see him take all of those hits and be let down by teammates. I'm not sure what anyone gets out of this 

Right, it’s a sense of pity vs not wanting to see him go

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think he's a better QB when surrounded by talent. Those guys game are getting the ball out quick and short passing because they can't do anything else. Allen's skills require a little more time for plays to develop to utilize them. In my opinion. But I agree, with the offense they might have to run, those guys are better suited.

I'm not going to hate on Josh Allen. I'm not going to make excuses for him either. People over hyped themselves and this game was a reality check. Giving a bunch of excuses isn't the answer.

One QB has started in preseason and looked good. Just one. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, scribo said:

I was at the game, focusing on the WRs, TEs and RBs the first-half. Just like last week when McCarron was at the helm, the receivers were not getting any separation, often running into traffic. The TEs and RBs were trying to bloch and releasing late, giving nothing in the way check down options in time considering the paper-thin o-line. Oddly vanilla offense for the 1s each of the past two games now.

This.  People are saying Allen needed to find his check-down guy.   They need to realize that the Achilles heel of having the TE and RB chip, is that if they don't release quickly the QB has no check down guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Of course it was vanilla. I'm not sure there was anything odd about it. I have a buddy who coaches and goes to all those seminars and ****. I can't remember who but he met an Arizona positional coach this summer, and they were talking preseason. He said the AZ coach told him that they only run about 4 plays the entire game on offense that are actually out of their play book.

The odd part was that today and last week the offense was very vanilla in the 1st half but not as much in the second half. I'm talking about less pre-snap movement, less motion. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, scribo said:

The odd part was that today and last week the offense was very vanilla in the 1st half but not as much in the second half. I'm talking about less pre-snap movement, less motion. 

Fair enough. I misunderstood you. I agree with that assessment. 

• Like (+1) 1

I pray that Josh rests well tonight, with dreams of a clean pocket and open receivers. Some day soon, my son, we can make that happen. Please stay well until that time. 

Oh, and maybe an ice bath? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Been saying this since day 1 need to redshirt Josh Allen this year as there are too many unknowns on offense. New OC + playbook, question marks at o-line and WR = recipe for disaster for a rookie.

Josh Allen is your prized possession and every effort needs to be made to set him up for success long term. Peterman has played the best overall and has earned the right to start. 

Once the decision is made to start Allen the organization must be all in there can’t be any half or false starts if he struggles. It is much easier to turn to Allen later in the season if things spiral out of control vs benching Allen and putting in Peterman/McCarron.

Edited by billieve420

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I'm not going to hate on Josh Allen. I'm not going to make excuses for him either. People over hyped themselves and this game was a reality check. Giving a bunch of excuses isn't the answer.

One QB has started in preseason and looked good. Just one. 

And that was against a very good Panthers D. Last week the Browns looked like the 00 Ravens. It's definitely the line but a QB has to know when to hold it and when to fold it. Allen SHOULD get there but he hasn't yet

• Like (+1) 1

My short version is this: JA was pretty bad today and looked like a rookie who will need time but with that Line he has no chance to catch up to the speed of the NFL. Give him a chance when the line has improved. Also I truly think that NP will give us more wins THIS year.

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

My take exactly. This kid has the poise to stay in the pocket & take a beating like a man. Sadly he could set the rookie record for sacks behind this joke line. Derek Carr’s 80+ sacks record look out!

I had people calling me a moron a few weeks ago when I said this offensive line is hot garbage and is going to get somebody killed.

I'm kind of sad I was as right as I was.

It was a complete dumpster fire.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Anybody remember Troy Aikman's rookie year? I think he was sacked like a hundred times and almost died. Everyone needs to just take a deep breath and relax. Josh Allen will be just fine and he showed a lot of poise today. Now Daboll and McDermott have to go to work and find a better combination of offensive lineman.

I wonder if Minnesota will give us all their picks for a RB too. I'm not sure we're going to build as fast or as strong as they did.