Calling Shananigans On the JA hate

39 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Took me reading a single post to immediately discount your opinions, that's quite an accomplishment!

Coming from you, that means zero... Always so critical of others opinion, aren’t you Irish. 

1 minute ago, COTC said:

Coming from you, that means zero... Always so critical of others opinion, aren’t you Irish. 

Welcome back Leroi!

Big week for TBD - Leroi rears his head and Dunkirk Don comes back. 

Edited by ndirish1978

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The hatred on here for peterman is sad and shows a complete ignorance of understanding of the development of some qbs. NP is not likely to set the football world on fire but i doubt any qb would have done well behind that line and even more importantly it was one game- many qbs have had horrible games and bounced back. If he comes out and is awful again i will want him benched but this hatred based on one horrible game where his line was pathetic is out of line.

Lol. He panicks under duress.  I don’t know if that’s fixable. Let’s see

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The hatred on here for peterman is sad and shows a complete ignorance of understanding of the development of some qbs. NP is not likely to set the football world on fire but i doubt any qb would have done well behind that line and even more importantly it was one game- many qbs have had horrible games and bounced back. If he comes out and is awful again i will want him benched but this hatred based on one horrible game where his line was pathetic is out of line.

Also in his other starts he just looked like Jeff Tuel to me. 

1/3 with pick v Jacksonville 

One thing is for certain, if he plays, they need to remove deep outs and swing passes from the playbook. 

Hes almost been picked on that throw throw three times this preseason. Also one of his 5  v San Diego and once v Jax. 

I like him him a lot. His arm, I kind of hate it 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Also in his other starts he just looked like Jeff Tuel to me. 

1/3 with pick v Jacksonville 

One thing is for certain, if he plays, they need to remove deep outs and swing passes from the playbook. 

Hes almost been picked on that throw throw three times this preseason. Also one of his 5  v San Diego and once v Jax. 

I like him him a lot. His arm, I kind of hate it 

Using jax as a reason to complain is not fair since everyone knew they were only throwing and had to push it. I agree that the team best run mainly but give a young dude a chance. 

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Using jax as a reason to complain is not fair since everyone knew they were only throwing and had to push it. I agree that the team best run mainly but give a young dude a chance. 

Sure- I’m just saying he can’t make that throw. He shouldn’t ever be allowed to do it. He just doesn’t have the arm. It can’t be in the playbook for him, like deep left sideline for fitz.

it will lead to a pick 6s more times than a completion with him. 

On 8/26/2018 at 7:13 PM, GoodHands15 said:

Ok enough is enough. No one is giving JA any credit for getting the $?!@ kicked out of him and getting back up—AND signaling Daboll to put him under center as opposed to the gun.

I needed to see Josh Allen get pummeled and not turn the ball over. He DID that. YOU SAW NERVES. I definitely believe there was a little of that. He never set for that ball to Clay, which was a rookie move, he just slung it... and over compensated on the next shot. 

Outside of of those two plays. He had drops, a bad no challenge, and an absolute joke of an oline. But the one thing I 100% saw was that the pressure did not make his scared to stand in the pocket which is huge. No throwing off the back foot, no bailing out immediately. You could almost see him forcing himself to stand in there...almost like he was making a point to trust it.

I don’t think at any point did he look like garbage. He did all that he could while being asked to wait on intermediate routes.

Show the kid a little love for having a pair!

He just looked like a rookie. Of course he has a pair, but TBD has varied definition. If you're impressed he showed poise, didn't make horrible decisions, took the same a lot of hits every rookie QB goes through.. I agree. He didn't lose confidence which is perfect for a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Whatever you're imagining, it was worse than that.

I agree with this. People talk about Peterman only looking good at preseason game speed. Yesterday Josh Allen got his first taste of real NFL game speed and he isn't ready yet. He's about a second behind which is worth a lot at this level. He needs a little more time to refine his internal clock because he was definitely staring people down yesterday. And to be fair 90% of rookie QBs would have looked exactly the same in those conditions. Right now Peterman can handle the offensive line problems better than Allen, and even if he can't I'd still rather it be him taking the hits.

Hits are part of the job if you winning baby

Allen definitely showed me he can take a hit yesterday, and I'm not trying to be funny at all as I type that.

But even though I think he's mentally, physically and emotionally tough enough to start the season, I'm really glad I'm not the one responsible for making that decision.

McDermott has a dilemma on his hands. Peterman might make quicker decisions at the moment and get the ball out faster, but you can bet the Ravens would be salivating any time he even looks to the sidelines.

Also, the Bengals starting front 4 on defense might just be one of the best in football.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

What credit should he get? He did nothing. Granted the line was abysmal but he had a chance to hit Clay deep and under threw him badly to the point it was almost picked.

Nobody is hating on him, he never really had much of a chance just like McCarron didn't have much of a chance against Cleveland. Our line is flat out terrible in Pass Pro.

If we are being honest the only QB who looked good with the 1's was Peterman which makes sense because he gets rid of the ball quicker than the other two. Which means it makes sense to start him.

However get ready for a few pick 6's on out routes over the games he plays in...he should have had 2 this preseason but they were both dropped.

Edited by matter2003