Calling Shananigans On the JA hate

26 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

Daboll has an offense he runs with NP—no matter what string—it’s the same offense he’s run with the twos the last two weeks—same one he ran week 1 with the 1s.

Nowhere near the intermediate and deep concepts he tried to hit with Mccaron week 2 and Josh this week. (Also did it week 1 with JA).

Its a valid arguement based off last week, Josh Allen can be extremely quick, decisive, and effective running the same quick concepts Daboll is FORCED to deploy with Nate.

I had a chance just now to watch Josh Allen's highlights. I was at work during the game. It didn't look as bad to me as the impression I got just reading opinions. I actually think he handled the pressure well. Yes a few times he was going to eat a sack regardless. A few times he earned the sack holding the ball to long. A few times he moves around in the pocket and makes a pass attempt. Two of them should of been a completion. One pass was under thrown crazy right? The other would of been an interception. 

He actually connected on some of the dink and dunk game. I'm not discouraged as others after a short view. 

That being said my vote goes to Peterman. I don't care the reason Peterman looked better. I don't think it's a conspiracy to game plan better for Peterman. Peterman has a better showing in preseason and that is fact. 

Edited by Lfod

People that are saying Peterman did a better job this preseason are correct.  Just remember that its preseason.  Nate's noodle arm is going to play out like Fitzpatrick did.  Defenses will scheme and take the short stuff away.  When Nate cant throw it over the top he will again start throwing picks all game.  Just my opinion.  Maybe he shocks me.  I hope someone does because this line is hot garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Hey I'm sorry Josh didn't play well. No reason to look forward to the other two quarterbacks take beatings.

Never said I was looking forward to watching the qbs take a beating. Read the words I wrote not what you wish I wrote. I said I was looking forward to watching Allen in the future.

50 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm so lost on this. I don't have any clue where to find the logic in this. You wanted to see him get !@#$ed up? I'm just gonna agree to disagree with you. I don't see value in a top 10 selected QB getting sacked on 5 of 17 drop backs. No thanks.

I’m not happy about it. But we would be having a much worse night if he had 2 fumbles and a pick. We were eventually going to have to see a game like this. Slaughter. He handled himself well I feel.

7 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

I’m not happy about it. But we would be having a much worse night if he had 2 fumbles and a pick. We were eventually going to have to see a game like this. Slaughter. He handled himself well I feel.

I appreciate your point in that he didn't turn it over and held it together. It's just not something I'd ever say I needed to see. He was pulled off the field for concussion protocol. I don't need that out of my top 10 pick qb in his 3rd preseason game.

It doesn't mean much, but if these coaches don't lose their **** on them after this game. They can clean house. You got McCarron killed last week, Allen, the future killed this week. They are getting guys hurt, from both a football and teammate perspective, that's unacceptable. And it's unacceptable that this team thinks these guys will work. They're going to be atrocious. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

10 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

People are blaming Allen?

These people need new eyes.

Typical Bills fans will hate a guy who could be the franchise QB.  Yes he is raw but his pose looks solid.   He does have to get awareness of pocket collapsing which usually happened in 0.25 seconds and find a way to get rid of the ball versus the sack.   He was slammed to,ground early and it should have been a roughing penalty but he got up and wet back at it.   The play calling never had guys in motion and the Benglas DL is one of the best in the league

10 hours ago, Steptide said:

No doubt his o line was puke, but HE DID hesitate and hold the ball too long as bad as Tyrod in a playoff game. He's young and new to this league. I'm sure he was fairly nervous. I think he will start at some point this season. But looking at things through un biased eyes, Peterman is just the better qb right now. 

Maybe... he won’t be playing twos, he won’t be offering that deep out pick 6 to opponents 6th best corner (almost in Cleveland AND Cinci) 

A blitz with disguised zone coverage and he is going to shatter his INT PR. 

I dont see any nfl ready starter here. 

8 hours ago, GoodHands15 said:

I agree with this 100%. I’m not saying that Nate has not made great strides. But competent gets field goals. I want red zone touchdowns gosh darn it!!

I wanted to see him get &@$@ed up and not turn the ball over or find himself immediately evacuating the pocket and not trusting his line.

As do we all.  

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Now there’s Josh Allen “ hate”. ? Wtf ... this is football . We’re all Bills fans. 

if you can find a fan hating on allen please post it cause i'm not seeing any hate. he's the future and no one wants to see him ruined.  if there's hate for anyone on this board,  it's the other guy....who has, beyond the shadow of a doubt, won the right to start week one.

Edited by billsredneck1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was like a freakin' jailbreak.  I swear I saw a Cincy DLman hurdling one of our guys at one point.

i think they were talking about this play on sirius this morning.  it was vlad who got absolutely tossed into allen by geno atkins.

8 hours ago, COTC said:

Let’s face it, with this o line, we are not winning anything. Let the kid sit and learn from a couple of scrubs and start him next year.  

He will get shell shocked, let’s not ruin him. 

There is no such thing as sitting and learning from Nathan fricking Peterman and his 4 quarters of vast experience.

12 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

People are blaming Allen?

These people need new eyes.

The OL was bad, but Allen was not great yesterday either. 

There were a few times he had a chance to make plays and failed. Held the ball too long on a few occasions. Stared down WR, that according to one of the Bengals CB's.

The whole offense had a bad day, its preseason, so i don't put too much stock into it. But to me, it seems Allen is not ready. 

• Like (+1) 1