Why did Beane sign star lotulelei

bills11

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If the Bills only allow 1 yard per carry like they did while he was on the field today, he's worth the money. He did what he was supposed to do today; pretty much nobody else did.

What he brings to the table can be found at a cheaper price..instead of spending on the oline where we lost the whole left side..he overspends on star because hes familiar with him from carolina..why did carolina let him go..for the same reason im seeing so far..reduced impact..other than his rookie year his impact has been getting less and less prounounced hes graded as one of the worst dts in the league last year..

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

But I don’t really understand where you are coming from...

So you’re saying it’s justified for a mediocre team to overpay for a mediocre player just because they have a need? Is that actually what you’re saying?

I am saying that our mediocre team (that made the playoffs last year) thought that Star would fix a major problem it had last year by stopping opposing teams running games......

It may work it may not......we need pass rush from other positions if we are gonna have one guy hold the line of scrimmage every play

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol relax. I was actually being polite as I said please if he was actually interested. I really don’t expect him too, I just didn’t want to type out another long message. So maybe just relax a little eh?

The question is being asked here and now......it would be helpful if you would give your reasoning here and now to contribute to the discussion?

1 minute ago, bills11 said:

What he brings to the table can be found at a cheaper price..instead of spending on the oline where we lost the whole left side..he overspends on star because hes familiar with him from carolina..why did carolina let him go..for the same reason im seeing so far..reduced impact..other than his rookie year his impact has been getting less and less prounounced hes graded as one of the worst dts in the league last year..

We didnt lose the whole left side....Dawkins was the starting LT last year

Note.....looks like may man Glenn got hurt again

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I am saying that our mediocre team (that made the playoffs last year) thought that Star would fix a major problem it had last year by stopping opposing teams running games......

It may work it may not......we need pass rush from other positions if we are gonna have one guy hold the line of scrimmage every play

Ok. Fair. But I disagree. I never liked the signing the signing to begin with. Do I know an alternative? No I’m not the GM. But I TRUST that the expert would have better alternatives to giving out a big contract to a mediocre player. That’s just common sense. Don’t need to be a football gyro to know that 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

For the record I agree with you on this

The problem happens when you are trying to get the player and dont have the relationship with the agent like another team does or whatever.....who knows

Relationship??  He waited in UFA and ended up signing a 1 year deal for 4M. 

The issue I have is the Carolina Connection with these two. I could stomach it year 1 because it makes sense to bring players from your old system to help with Install. However not year two. 

Star will go down as a horrible signing for what he will bring to the field. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Relationship??  He waited in UFA and ended up signing a 1 year deal for 4M. 

The issue I have is the Carolina Connection with these two. I could stomach it year 1 because it makes sense to bring players from your old system to help with Install. However not year two. 

Star will go down as a horrible signing for what he will bring to the field. 

I think that will depend on them finding others to generate a pass rush.....if they do that and Star shuts down opposing run games.....it will not be considered a bad contract in ppls eyes

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I think that will depend on them finding others to generate a pass rush.....if they do that and Star shuts down opposing run games.....it will not be considered a bad contract in ppls eyes

It will. If you are paying 10M a year to a DT he better be able to get off the LOS on passing downs. 

With him being stoned at the line on EVERY play doesnt matter what your DEs do. The QB steps up in that void and delivers the ball. 

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If the Bills only allow 1 yard per carry like they did while he was on the field today, he's worth the money. He did what he was supposed to do today; pretty much nobody else did.

They had a lot of outside runs that were stopped by the ends and linebackers. In the previous two games, they would run right at him for good to great yardage. The Cleveland game looked just like the post-Dareus ones last year.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It will. If you are paying 10M a year to a DT he better be able to get off the LOS on passing downs. 

With him being stoned at the line on EVERY play doesnt matter what your DEs do. The QB steps up in that void and delivers the ball. 

Right now QBs are not even having to step us......We need to see an outside pass rush to even know if this is true......but I would like to see more.....I dont care about sacks from Star....I would like to see him bull rush a OL

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Right now QBs are not even having to step us......We need to see an outside pass rush to even know if this is true......but I would like to see more.....I dont care about sacks from Star....I would like to see him bull rush a OL

All you have to do is what Bengals defense against Bills in the first half to see how important and inside rush is in todays NFL. 

DEs with the Quick passing and RPO are becoming scheme minimized. 

50 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

White and Poyer were trash too, pass defense was plain awful . 

But the D looked very vanilla and Davis got burned by the fastest guy in the league, I wouldn't anticipate a repeat performance in regular season. 

Weren't Green and Julio the only receivers who really gave Tre a problem last year?

I could be mistaken. They are both really good, physical freaks though. If that type of receiver is the only kind he has trouble with, I can live with it.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

THat Bengal DL is very good

Our OL....not so much

Again notice what an interior rush does?? And shouldnt a 10M DT do what the Bengals Interior DL can do?

geno adkins 9.5M

Andrew Billings 800k 

but our 10M man cant get off The Line of Scrimmage 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Again notice what an interior rush does?? And shouldnt a 10M DT do what the Bengals Interior DL can do?

geno adkins 9.5M

Andrew Billings 800k 

but our 10M man cant get off The Line of Scrimmage 

I think Beane and McDermott knew what they were getting when they signed Star. Hopefully Kyle or Phillips can provide the inside pass rush. So, they signed him already and he's here to stay. If he's holding his own and the guys that signed him are getting what they expected, I trust the process. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Marcel was lazy. But when he wanted could get up the field and push the pocket. This is why I say Aaron Darnold (i know Rams are not trading him) would impact Bills more than Mack. 

With Star Frozen on the LOS every QB and just easily negate any DE pressure by steping up

Poe or Benie Logan would give you what star does at half the price 

Definitely wanted Poe. We need that violent NT. Whatever came of Danny Shelton