Peterman Cumulative Preseason Stats

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You shouldnt be a supporter of a player on your team?

I understand not championing him to be the future of the team.....I think every one KNOWS he is not the future of the team......but nothing wrong with supporting a bills player....in the end its about wins

That’s not what I said. I said a supporter of “ Nate Peterman” rather than supporter of the Bills in general. The longer NP starts ( if he does) means the guy drafted to be “ the franchise” isn’t. That’s a bad thing if you’re a fan of the Bills. Not so bad if you are just a self described “ Peterman supporter”. It’s not the same thing. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

That’s not what I said. I said a supporter of “ Nate Peterman” rather than supporter of the Bills in general. The longer NP starts ( if he does) means the guy drafted to be “ the franchise” isn’t. That’s a bad thing if you’re a fan of the Bills. Not so bad if you are just a self described “ Peterman supporter”. It’s not the same thing. 

ahhh got it thanks

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

At this point, no Bills fan should really be a “ supporter “ of Nate Peterman.He is what he is, and if he’s the  placeholder for very long  it only means that the Bills have failed to find their franchise QB.  Rather , they should be a supporter of giving Allen a little more time to prepare to make the jump to starting NFL QB. 

I'm a supporter of winning the most possible games while properly developing our young Franchise QB.

Frankly, if our OL wasn't so bad, I think Allen's development happens best and quickest on the field with live game action.

Right now it's purely the fright fest of an OL I've seen this preseason that gives me pause in starting Allen, which might actually still be the way to go, anyway.

I trust McDermott's judgement and I trust he'll be quick to course correct quickly if need be, as he did when we played the Chargers last year.

Peterman has looked mostly good in his time playing so far. The only issue I have is he still has limitations with the out breaking routes on the sideline and 2 of his throws this preseason that were incomplete on those passes were dropped pick 6's by the other team. Those are not always going to be dropped, so he either needs to stop throwing those or only throw those when there is a lot of cushion...

At this point I think he has to be the starter week 1 if this is truly a fair competition. He has looked good but I still think Allen takes over at some point during the year once he gets a little more seasoning in practice.

5 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

But, why? Why hate on a guy who is a member of your favorite team? Dude's had a very good preseason,  and if he is named the starter it's because he's earned it.  26CB has redeeming qualities as a poster,  but he's showing himself to be a close minded hater. Not many worse things than that,  as a message board poster, IMO.

BTW- that throw to Reilly in between three defenders was a thing of beauty.  Nate has, at the very least, shown the ability to learn and improve. 

26 corner is a Church of Tyrod guy who cried about Taylor’s benching for Peterman for months.  

Guess it’s gonna bleed into this season too.   

3 minutes ago, The Process said:

Since the out route issue has been so widely publicized....get CBs to bite and try to jump the route. Hit Clay over the middle as if he's the second read.....the out was never in consideration. Easy peazy from my recliner!

Will there be time for whatever QB is playing to do that behind the OL?  Not so easy.

8 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

But he isn't throwing picks in the preseason, and if you take away the bad games (or parts of games) he is a tremendous talent that can carry a team until the other guy is ready

Its not like there is a difference between regular season and preseason, he will look just as great once teams cater their defence to him and actually gameplan.....

The only difference that I can see in the offence between him and Taylor is that Peterman might complete the occasional pass for the first down that Taylor would have completed using his legs. The offence still seems to struggle to keep drives alive and score points.....

what is in bold is debatable to some.   

(not me) 

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

What about the turnovers? Peterman almost had the same amount of turnovers in one half that Taylor had all year in 2017.

that was true - last season.  Who knows how much he may have improved.    Already (based on my recollection from a year ago) Nate was horrible under pressure. That seems to have improved.  its that one damn play to the right sideline that needs to be abolished that kills him.

Josh was tentative yesterday, maybe a bit unsure of himself thrust in as the starter, on national TV.  

If you want to see what we saw yesterday throughout September then start Josh. 

8 hours ago, NewDayBills said:
9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't care about TT. He's gone and Peterman is here with this team in 2018 in Daboll's offense behind a porous OL. It's pretty weak trying to justify Peterman with a 2017 comparison to a QB who's not here.

Peterman is who he is on his own merits which is the same guy until he shows otherwise in real game scenarios. There are enough warning signs for me with his limitations to say he'll have trouble against 1st team defenses at regular season speed. 

Peterman is not the same guy though, he is on fire, completely different QB, drastically improved.

Not even the word of God will change his mind on Nate.   

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao.

IT IS PRESEASON.

And preseason is where the coaches evaluate how much layers develop throughout camp and from the season before. 

just saying 

some crusade you have there 26.    

How many people have argued against you(r bias)?  

Let it go.  

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, but Josh Allen was drafted to be "that guy"  

Why was he hesitant?  to much pressure too soon?  That may be a great learning experience but it may also be a hindrance 

7 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

But, why? Why hate on a guy who is a member of your favorite team? Dude's had a very good preseason,  and if he is named the starter it's because he's earned it.  26CB has redeeming qualities as a poster,  but he's showing himself to be a close minded hater. Not many worse things than that,  as a message board poster, IMO.

BTW- that throw to Reilly in between three defenders was a thing of beauty.  Nate has, at the very least, shown the ability to learn and improve. 

he has redeeming qualities for bringing stories here to TBD.  His opinion and analysis are in doubt because of his obvious bias. 

the proof in all throughout this thread.  

Coach McDermott: “Nathan Peterman has shown consistency throughout the preseason. I’ve watched him develop and grow which is encouraging to see.” #CINvsBUF

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Agree on the outs. He definitely does not have the arm for that.

It is a big limitation only being able to throw between the numbers, but I guess they can do more screens and wheel routes to get out to the sidelines.

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Did you see the out to Kerley?

Deep outs he can do, because that is a touch pass, but 5 and 10 yard outs and curl routes require getting the ball into the receiver's hands very quickly.