Bills' Preseason Week Three Postgame

Bills QB Josh Allen after his preseason starting debut Sunday: "Getting out there with the ones, obviously it's moving really fast. To see that speed, it was eye-opening. They have a really good defense and they came out and they brought it. But at the same time, we had plays in place where they could have worked if I got the ball out in time."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills QB Josh Allen after his preseason starting debut Sunday: "Getting out there with the ones, obviously it's moving really fast. To see that speed, it was eye-opening. They have a really good defense and they came out and they brought it. But at the same time, we had plays in place where they could have worked if I got the ball out in time."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop

I like that..he's taking the bullets like a leader should...glad he didn't throw the bodies that are suppose to protect him under the bus.And,he sent no blame to what is one of the worst flanker groups in the NFL.He's class..pure class.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Absolutely awful by Groy? On that 2nd clip, but Allen should've pulled the trigger quicker. 

It does look like the far right was there if he threw at the top of his drop...

Edited by Big C

Ok.  I am not a Nathan Peterman backer by any means.  But based on what I have seen in the first 3 preseason games, he may actually have what it takes to be a quality starter in the NFL.  Allen is raw and needs development.   With the busted offensive line we have, Peterman may actually fair the best because of his quick decision making and quick delivery.  He definitely doesn’t have the ball speed and is going to throw a few pick sixes, but right now, he provides the best chance for us to win and quite honestly that’s all I want the Bills to do.  Allen, McCarron or Peterman.  Doesn’t mattere as long as they win.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, this performance was not on Allen. The OL was absolutely horrendous, no Shady to keep the defense anywhere near honest, Allen had less than 2 seconds on most of his drop backs, there were 3 drops that would have given Allen another 50 yards through the air, McDermott is a dumb*** for not challenging the spot on the 3rd down scramble, penalties killed anything that could have resembled momentum along with the bad OL play, Castillo is a terrible coach, Ducasse needs to be selling the nacho fries, Davis should be in the burn unit at the nearest hospital, and the rest of the Secondary needs to give back this week's game check. If this is what the regular season is going to be like then we are in trouble. 

He could have challenged it, but from what I saw very likely would never have been reversed.  One of those plays not conclusive enough either way, in fact think it was more conclusive that he was short.  When the knee hit the ground he was still short.  Fox stopped the replay and looking at the replay you could easily argue the ball was even with the sticks, but IMO when they stopped the replay was after the knee was already down.  If the replay was backed up a few frames to when the knee first hit, the ball was still short or at the very least too close to over turn.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This kid is awesome

Nothing was settled in loss to Bengals as Bills' QB battle remains wide open

ORCHARD PARK – Sean McDermott is not ready to decide who his starting quarterback will be for the regular-season opener in Baltimore, and quite frankly, how could he be?

The Bills’ three-headed competition between Josh Allen, Nathan Peterman and A.J. McCarron has not produced a clear-cut winner, though after what happened in Buffalo’s mostly abhorrent 26-13 loss to Cincinnati on Sunday, Peterman has likely emerged in McDermott’s eyes as the leader heading into the final preseason game Thursday night in Chicago.

The Buffalo Bills were embarrassed in their third preseason game, falling 26-13 to the Cincinnati Bengals. Josh Allen made his first start and the Bills’ offensive line did the No. 7 overall draft pick no favors, allowing five first-half sacks and a handful of additional hurries. Allen completed just six-of-12 passes for 34 yards with zero touchdowns. Allen protected the football but offensive guards Vlad Ducasse and John Miller continuously limited Buffalo’s offense and put them in negative down-and-distance situations thanks to penalties and poor pass blocking.

The Bills’ offensive line was overhauled during the offseason. Buffalo traded left tackle Cordy Glenn and released left guard Richie Incognito while center Eric Wood retired. Left tackle Dion Dawkins was selected in the second round of the 2017 NFL draft with the expectations that he would replace Glenn at some point but Ducasse and Miller are less-than-ideal options and the concerns about their ability to pass protect were only heightened Sunday.

The Groy play where he watched someone run by him, remained in his blocking stance and turned around confused is like something I've never seen on a professional football field.

Ducasse being picked up like a baby and moved back into Allen was like a scene out of Necessary Roughness or the Replacements. 

absolutely no excuse for either of those things to happen on a professional football field.  It was amateur hour today.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I like that..he's taking the bullets like a leader should...glad he didn't throw the bodies that are suppose to protect him under the bus.And,he sent no blame to what is one of the worst flanker groups in the NFL.He's class..pure class.

He was Also right that he needs get rid of the football faster. On a few of the sacks ,I was able to count 3 1/2  Mississippis before he was touched. That's too long.

Blocking was horrendous, but he can't hold onto the football that long.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

He was Also right that he needs get rid of the football faster. On a few of the sacks ,I was able to count 3 1/2  Mississippis before he was touched. That's too long.

Blocking was horrendous, but he can't hold onto the football that long.

I agree..he isn't perfect.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Absolutely awful by Groy? On that 2nd clip, but Allen should've pulled the trigger quicker. 

I wasn't at the game so I'd be interested to hear if there were any WR's open downfield on some of these sacks.