Shaq Today

14 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Shaq did a good job of setting the edge today and forcing the RBs inside and was close to knocking down some passes. Doubt he gets cut. There are currently a lot worse player on this team than Shaq.

We don't know his assignments on each play so I agree if he was supposed to be setting the edge he did a good job of it from what I saw.   

14 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Spent much of the game zeroing in on Shaq Lawson. He is plain awful- cant shed a block, has no spin move, doesnt get underneath/gain leverage, gets pushed to the outside and is slow slow slow. He is not even a serviceable DE imo. I can see him getting cut.

It less of a criticism of Shaq and more of an indictment of Rex's antiquated understanding of the modern NFL. With teams now throwing 65 - 70% of the time and making quick hitting throws in 2 seconds or less, there just isn't a huge need for big, strong, slow "edge-setting" defensive linemen. Shaq got over drafted.

Lawson would pile up sacks fifteen years ago - if QBs held the ball for 3.5 seconds like they used to. 

I can't recall teams using DE's who can't rush the passer and are strictly run defenders.

Besides, McDermott's defense needs to generate pressure from the front 4. Lawson doesn't do that, but copy and paste remains adamant that he won't be cut.  He may be in large part because they owe him nothing and didn't pick him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

It less of a criticism of Shaq and more of an indictment of Rex's antiquated understanding of the modern NFL. With teams now throwing 65 - 70% of the time and making quick hitting throws in 2 seconds or less, there just isn't a huge need for big, strong, slow "edge-setting" defensive linemen. Shaq got over drafted.

Lawson would pile up sacks fifteen years ago - if QBs held the ball for 3.5 seconds like they used to. 

Good assessment and makes alot of sense. 

14 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Spent much of the game zeroing in on Shaq Lawson. He is plain awful- cant shed a block, has no spin move, doesnt get underneath/gain leverage, gets pushed to the outside and is slow slow slow. He is not even a serviceable DE imo. I can see him getting cut.

Based On fan reaction from yesterday lets just cut everyone. Fire everyone. Fold up the stadium and ship it to Toronto or London and hold a public stoning for the stadium vendors and ship anyone left over to Cleveland. Bout cover it?

Just now, BillsVet said:

I can't recall teams using DE's who can't rush the passer and are strictly run defenders.

Besides, McDermott's defense needs to generate pressure from the front 4. Lawson doesn't do that, but copy and paste remains adamant that he won't be cut.  He may be in large part because they owe him nothing and didn't pick him.

In the first qtr they pulled him out for an entire series after he stunk it up- then went back in and stunk it up some more.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Based On fan reaction from yesterday lets just cut everyone. Fire everyone. Fold up the stadium and ship it to Toronto or London and hold a public stoning for the stadium vendors and ship anyone left over to Cleveland. Bout cover it?

Please dont lump me in with everyone else. I understand it is pre season I also understand what I have seen out of this guy the past few seasons. Shaq sucks and doesnt belong on an NFL roster. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They rotated the DL with other backups in at both DE and DT.

That wasnt a rotation at that point, he was off for the entire drive.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Please dont lump me in with everyone else. I understand it is pre season I also understand what I have seen out of this guy the past few seasons. Shaq sucks and doesnt belong on an NFL roster. 

That wasnt a rotation at that point, he was off for the entire drive.

Who else was playing on the DL during this entire series?

15 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

SHHHHHHH

(we’re trying to sucker Oakland into trading Mack for him..)

I SAW A LIKELY PERENNIAL PROBOWLER IN SHAQ’s PERFORMANCE TODAY! So Glad We Have Him!!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Were you at the game? If you were you may of come up with a different conclusion. Im not into bangin on players but he is plain awful. The only way he makes this team is because the whole line is putrid.

Yep, saw that also! 

What’s your deal with being at the game?   I get a much better grasp of what actually happened during the game while watching it on tv/dvr than I do when I’m there.  Doesn’t matter what seat I sit in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

What’s your deal with being at the game?   I get a much better grasp of what actually happened during the game while watching it on tv/dvr than I do when I’m there.  Doesn’t matter what seat I sit in. 

Theres no deal- cameras move away from certain areas and you cant see what is goi g on.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who else was playing on the DL during this entire series?

Hughes and Phillips were in