Disgusting and Depressing

Foreigner

Just now, billsfan89 said:

This game confirmed a lot of the issues we thought this team was going to have. O-Line, reviving core, growing pains at QB, and depth will remain an issue throughout the season. But the fundamentals of this team are not worse than we thought. Throw McCarron or Peterman behind this line early and then push Allen in once the harder stretch of the season passes. 

sacrifice the lambs ?

yes

10 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

1. Forget the 2nd half, who else to blame for this mess once the real football has started, but our GM and Coach.

There's nothing weirder than listening to announcers spend three hours talking about how amazing Bills fans are, only to come here and a bunch of fans schitting purple Twinkies over a preseason game that is leading into a season the rest of the world knows will be designed to compete, evaluate and grow for the long term.

But meanwhile...get me someone to blame, stat! :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believe we did not show our hand at all. We were calling such a vanilla offense and defense all game, it is going to be so much different week 1. I doubt we have any hope at the playoffs but I think we have QB1 and QB2 figured out for quite awhile. Allen will be fine and I am thrilled with Peterman. A position we struggled to fill for 20 years is finally starting to look fine.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I am talking about all of the holes on this team including the offense of line and receivers specifically.

Anyone who didn't see the holes coming a mile away?

You realize that this board has been talking non-stop about the poor oline, lackluster WR's, and inexperienced QB's for the entire off-season, right?

And yet, not a single meaningful down of football has been played yet. Today sucked, but I'm not going to press the reset button on the season until I actually see them play real football.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Anyone who didn't see the holes coming a mile away?

You realize that this board has been talking non-stop about the poor oline, lackluster WR's, and inexperienced QB's for the entire off-season, right?

And yet, not a single meaningful down of football has been played yet. Today sucked, but I'm not going to press the reset button on the season until I actually see them play real football.

Oh my God, I am talking about the people who seem utterly surprised that the team looks like this right now.

21 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

1. Forget the 2nd half, who else to blame for this mess once the real football has started, but our GM and Coach.

2. Penalties galore, undisciplined.

3. A punter with no leg, I have been screaming about for years.

4. Our 2 top receivers who have a hard time catching  the ball.

5. I don't think any one on our OL could be a starter in the NFL. I lost count of the sacks.

6. A D that made Andy Dalton look like a Hall of Famer.

7. If you bought the hype, or the tickets, Allen is not ready, at least not with the rest of this Offense.

8. Peterman HAS to be the man now, but will he have a (healthy) backup.  

9. Stars of the game for the Bills--McCarron, McCoy, and Williams who did not have to play.

pre·sea·son

(prē′sē′zən) Sports

n.
The period immediately before the start of a new season, in which athletes undergo intensive training and participate in exhibition games.

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I believe we did not show our hand at all. We were calling such a vanilla offense and defense all game, it is going to be so much different week 1. I doubt we have any hope at the playoffs but I think we have QB1 and QB2 figured out for quite awhile. Allen will be fine and I am thrilled with Peterman. A position we struggled to fill for 20 years is finally starting to look fine.

So we’re physically outmatched and outclassed talent-wise, but our gameplan is going to win games? We must have a Cheatriots-like supply of other teams playbooks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Oh my God, I am talking about the people who seem utterly surprised that the team looks like this right now.

Who?

And the team looked pretty good preseason week 1. It looked ok week 2. This week it looked bad. Who knows what it will look like week 1?

2 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

pre·sea·son

(prē′sē′zən) Sports

n.
The period immediately before the start of a new season, in which athletes undergo intensive training and participate in exhibition games.

as long as they werent supposed to exhibit actual skills, i guess we did ok.  

Just now, benderbender said:

So we’re physically outmatched and outclassed talent-wise, but our gameplan is going to win games? We must have a Cheatriots-like supply of other teams playbooks. 

I think we'll see a healthier dose of run plays in particular. Our line seems to run block better than pass block and I think Peterman can get that ball out quick enough to mitigate some of our pass blocking deficiencies. 

We have all our picks next year and tons of cap space, I think the prognosis is very good.

• Like (+1) 1