peterman will start, always the plan

13 hours ago, TPS said:

He's the only one to play well with the ones, twos, and threes.  It's going to be difficult for McD to go with anyone else at this point.

....which is one of the things that stands out...to me at least is that he elevates the play of those around him.

14 hours ago, The Final Word said:

One must be able to read between the tea leaves and connect the variety of data points.  Peterman starts,

13 hours ago, The Final Word said:

Didn’t say he was.  Missed typed

13 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

O'Leary isn't eligible for the PS. Nice try though. Keep reading those tea leaves Don. 

Well, Don/Chad/Final Word... You didn't even make it a full page before being exposed this time.

You won't be getting another 100 page thread full of pretend insider info. That is my prediction. At least it was entertaining the first time, this is just a poor attempt.

It's pretty sad, man. Maybe hit up another board that isn't privy to your shenanigans and haberdashery.

15 hours ago, The Final Word said:

One must be able to read between the tea leaves and connect the variety of data points.  Peterman starts,

You missed your calling, you should be an NFL Front Office somewhere!

14 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Allen showed today he's not ready. The Bengals dialed up some pressure and he couldn't handle it. He didn't anticipate pressure, he patted the ball and took sacks when he could have harmlessly dumped it incomplete and put the offense in unmanageable 3rd and long situations. He needs to learn a lot about how to take what the defense gives him and avoid sacks at all costs because they're such drive killers. 

None of this is true.  The sacks were jail breaks.  Otherwise, he was stepping into the few pockets he was given and running away when he had to, which was often.

Peterman always looks good against all teams' 2s...

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

None of this is true.  The sacks were jail breaks.  Otherwise, he was stepping into the few pockets he was given and running away when he had to, which was often.

This isn't true. The All 22 will tell a very different story of him patting the ball. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Peterman looked good in preseason and Josh Allen didn't look as good. Dismiss the one and excuse the other if it makes you feel better.

I am still a huge believer in Josh Allen but he has away to come.  An announcement will soon becoming out that Peterman will be the starting quarterback against the Ravens.  What I find interesting is the fact McDermott would love to start AJ.  We will need to watch AJ health very closely and read between the lines that if AJ can go don’t be surprised if he gets the nod.  There are so many data points to connect but this is what is so intriguing about this ime of the year. Also, please keep and eye on the starting cb spot.  Won’t be surprised if Davis is unseated.  He didn’t play well and word coming out of obd is that he is not doing well in practice. This is a situation that is somewhat concerning since we have not had a push up front.  We have not used a bunch of stunts on defensive in the preseason but I don’t think he makes it. Might have a surprise cut at tight end and receiver.    We will be watching the waiver wire very closely for depth on the offensive line.  We do not need any more retreads from Oakland.

on the Mack rumor front, we need to stay clear from that potential disaster. Yes, Beane did inquire about the potential trade but the asking price is way too much for us.  I know the fan base wants this but doesn’t make sense for us.  Mack is 27 and in his prime so his window is about 3 more years and would be a good fit for a win now team.  We are not that team.  We would mortgage our future for an outstanding player on a mediocre team.  This is not going to happen so we can stop discussing.  

Hoepfully this has has provided more clarity on Buffalo Rumblings and this is the final word

Just in.  Phillips Gaines starting a cb for now

Edited by The Final Word

23 minutes ago, The Final Word said:

I am still a huge believer in Josh Allen but he has away to come.  An announcement will soon becoming out that Peterman will be the starting quarterback against the Ravens.  What I find interesting is the fact McDermott would love to start AJ.  We will need to watch AJ health very closely and read between the lines that if AJ can go don’t be surprised if he gets the nod.  There are so many data points to connect but this is what is so intriguing about this ime of the year. Also, please keep and eye on the starting cb spot.  Won’t be surprised if Davis is unseated.  He didn’t play well and word coming out of obd is that he is not doing well in practice. This is a situation that is somewhat concerning since we have not had a push up front.  We have not used a bunch of stunts on defensive in the preseason but I don’t think he makes it. Might have a surprise cut at tight end and receiver.    We will be watching the waiver wire very closely for depth on the offensive line.  We do not need any more retreads from Oakland.

on the Mack rumor front, we need to stay clear from that potential disaster. Yes, Beane did inquire about the potential trade but the asking price is way too much for us.  I know the fan base wants this but doesn’t make sense for us.  Mack is 27 and in his prime so his window is about 3 more years and would be a good fit for a win now team.  We are not that team.  We would mortgage our future for an outstanding player on a mediocre team.  This is not going to happen so we can stop discussing.  

Hoepfully this has has provided more clarity on Buffalo Rumblings and this is the final word

Just in.  Phillips Gaines starting a cb for now

Welcome back.

letchworth park sign.png

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

This isn't true. The All 22 will tell a very different story of him patting the ball. 

The only balls being patted are those of Peterman.....

33 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Peterman doesn’t start then we didn’t have a competition. If it was a battle, he won and it wasn’t close.

Except Peterman was fighting the cooks, motor pool mechanics and quartermasters. 

2 hours ago, Lfod said:

Peterman looked good in preseason and Josh Allen didn't look as good. Dismiss the one and excuse the other if it makes you feel better.

Start Peterman yesterday and we all know how it would have ended for his preseason star turn...

35 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Peterman doesn’t start then we didn’t have a competition. If it was a battle, he won and it wasn’t close.

Problem with the parts we see is the drop off from the ones to the twos. 

I think I’ve finally seen up close enough to know that doing well against twos is almost meaningless. Same for Allen.  Looks good v 2s and 3s. 1s are just a different ball game. 

I really dont don’t know what we know at this point. 

May as well rotate them through in regular season to see what we have.  

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The only balls being patted are those of Peterman.....

Except Peterman was fighting the cooks, motor pool mechanics and quartermasters. 

Start Peterman yesterday and we all know how it would have ended for his preseason star turn...

Only 1 qb moved the ball against 1s in the entire preseason. Bottom line, Peterman moved it and scored against everyone he faced. Which included 1s in week 1.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Problem with the parts we see is the drop off from the ones to the twos. 

I think I’ve finally seen up close enough to know that doing well against twos is almost meaningless. Same for Allen.  Looks good v 2s and 3s. 1s are just a different ball game. 

I really dont don’t know what we know at this point. 

May as well rotate them through in regular season to see what we have.  

Good, then start the only qb that played good against 1s. And it was still the same guy.

30 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Only 1 qb moved the ball against 1s in the entire preseason. Bottom line, Peterman moved it and scored against everyone he faced. Which included 1s in week 1.

Good, then start the only qb that played good against 1s. And it was still the same guy.

Sure, ok. Let’s get this trainwreck started. 

Take ravens defense for fantasy football week 1 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He played 2 series in week 1 of preseason.  He threw a TD...and a pick.  Against 1's.

Does anyone pushing for Peterman as the week 1 starter think he would have done better in yesterday's than Allen against Cincy' varsity squad?  Why would anyone think that?  What leads you to conclude that he can suddenly withstand a relentless withering pass rush?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Post the third preseason game, it's pretty reasonable to argue that Peterman will be the starter at Baltimore.  That would be my prediction as well.  I'm not so arrogant as to argue that it is anything more than an opinion though.  The know-it-all arrogance of some posters seems to know no bounds.  

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He played 2 series in week 1 of preseason.  He threw a TD...and a pick.  Against 1's.

Does anyone pushing for Peterman as the week 1 starter think he would have done better in yesterday's than Allen against Cincy' varsity squad?  Why would anyone think that?  What leads you to conclude that he can suddenly withstand a relentless withering pass rush?

Yes I do. Without question would have done better. Peterman gets the ball out quick and reads the pre snap better.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yes I do. Without question would have done better. Peterman gets the ball out quick and reads the pre snap better.

Based on a single series against a 1st team defense in week 1 of preseason?