peterman will start, always the plan

Just now, The Final Word said:

No, Allen is a project.  They wanted Allen all along. He was rated number one on their draft chart forever. He has the intangibles that you cannot coach. Size, speed, and a cannon for an arm.  He works hard and listens well.  He will play later in the year.  McDermott won’t lose the locker room before the season starts.  We will be better this year than last year but won’t make the playoffs.  We have an exciting future.  If you have paid attention to the data points, bean and McDermott and have said over and over again, Allen won’t be rushed.  Our line is 

not ready for him to start.  I hope. That helps you

Data points=connect the dots

don, still as pathetic as ever. 

Just now, The Final Word said:

Please don’t discount AJ.  If AJ is healthy, he starts hands down

Oh wait. You said the plan all along was to start Peterman....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Final Word said:

I realize it is not the proper protocol to start a new thread during a game but I felt compelled to start this thread to ensure those Bills fans suffering from Allen fatigue and calling Beane an idiot for drafting Allen.  Allen is the quarterback of the future period.  If you recall, he was number one on our draft board for months prior to the draft. He possesses all of the tangibles but requires additional work with his footwork.  Will be corrected this year.  Although Josh started today’s games which traditionally means he would be starting the first game.  Many novices would obviously jump to this conclusion and it most cases would be warranted but not in this case.  Those close to the happenings at obd though realize the rationale for McDermott decision for today’s game.  The plan was and still is not to start Allen at quarterback day 1.  I knew before the start of action today, Peterman will be our starting quarterback for the first game and THAT IS THE FINAL WORD.   PS I will try to provide the site with expert clarifications and happenings as the season progresses

There you go. No mention of AJ's injury. 

We have some big decisions to make prior to our first game.  We know peterman starts but the te position is up for grabs.   I know people are down on clay and rightly so but he will be starting.  Teller is a rookie and not ready for prime time.  Look for Troy going to guard to replace miller.   Davis has not played well either.  I know McDermott doesn’t like him but frasier does.  Will be interesting to see who wills that one.  McDermott also down on Murphy 

Peterman has been great all preseason. 

He's in control of the offense, knows to take what the defense gives him to keep the down and distance manageable, he's accurate, and the ball comes out on time. His arm is obviously lacking when he throws outside the hash marks, but if we can game plan to attack the middle of the field off play action he can have success. 

Allen showed today he's not ready. The Bengals dialed up some pressure and he couldn't handle it. He didn't anticipate pressure, he patted the ball and took sacks when he could have harmlessly dumped it incomplete and put the offense in unmanageable 3rd and long situations. He needs to learn a lot about how to take what the defense gives him and avoid sacks at all costs because they're such drive killers. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He's in control of the offense, knows to take what the defense gives him to keep the down and distance manageable, he's accurate, and the ball comes out on time. His arm is obviously lacking when he throws outside the hash marks, but if we can game plan to attack the middle of the field off play action he can have success. 

Allen showed today he's not ready. The Bengals dialed up some pressure and he couldn't handle it. He didn't anticipate pressure, he patted the ball and took sacks when he could have harmlessly dumped it incomplete and put the offense in unmanageable 3rd and long situations. He needs to learn a lot about how to take what the defense gives him and avoid sacks at all costs because they're such drive killers. 

You are correct in your conclusion but the brain trust at one bills drive already knew that as well.  Thank you for your well thought out commentary 

Ironically, although he knew before he waited until after to drop this on us. 

Can you tell us yesterdays future tomorrow??

33 minutes ago, The Final Word said:

Not true.  Peterman was going to start game one period.  They just wanted to give Allen an opportunity to see what a starting week looks and feels like in the preseason.  McDermott has a plan and he deserves the benefit of the doubt.   Since we were playing on Sunday, he didn’t want to give th e ravens anymore time to prepare for peterman.  Very smart

Coach McD here...

Please get out of my head.

I cant have you on here exposing all my secrets. 

They are mine, and they come from my head. 

Please stop reading my mind!!!

-Coach McD

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You can’t throw the ball away when you’re still in the pocket and your center is pushed into your face. That being said maybe if some of his early passes would have been caught maybe he wouldn’t have melted down. Peterman probably wouldn’t have faired much better, defenders are going to sit on his receivers, take his short game away. if the line doesn’t get straightened out, there is serious trouble ahead...

Edited by Fred Clause

If fans are still so delusional to think that Allen is ready to start after what we've seen with our O-line this preseason, they deserve the massive letdowns to come this season.

I can easily see dozens of threads each week of fans whining about firing the HC or OC, or retroactively getting pissy about us not replacing our losses on the O-line, even though all off season they begged for Allen to start & made excuses as to why we'll repeat going to the playoffs.

Just now, BigDingus said:

If fans are still so delusional to think that Allen is ready to start after what we've seen with our O-line this preseason, they deserve the massive letdowns to come this season.

I can easily see dozens of threads each week of fans whining about firing the HC or OC, or retroactively getting pissy about us not replacing our losses on the O-line, even though all off season they begged for Allen to start & made excuses as to why we'll repeat going to the playoffs.

Hes not. I’ve got news for you, Peterman is worse. He panics under duress. If he started tonight it would’ve been San Diego 2.0.

trading Tyrod was dumb. 

Thid is going to be a a tough season unless the brass gets a decent guy in here. 

After a good night sleep, hopefully we have all regrouped and are able to look at the situation more rationally today. We are still not a very good football team yet.  Our brain trust is truly one of the best in the league and they have a plan for the future.  Making the playoffs was awesome but unfortunately for most on this board it has set an unrealistic but predictable expectations for the fan base. We all need to be patience.  We are not going to the playoffs this year but we begin making progress of becoming a perennial playoff team. Our plan is simple, let Josh sit for five or six games which will get us past the rough part of the schedule.  We will probably be 1-5 and then we will begin to salt josh into the line-up.  This will give peterman some playing time, we see him as a frank Reich type player, you need a solid back- up and then Josh will take the wheel and this is the final word faithfully reporting the truth with perspective 

13 hours ago, The Final Word said:

I realize it is not the proper protocol to start a new thread during a game but I felt compelled to start this thread to ensure those Bills fans suffering from Allen fatigue and calling Beane an idiot for drafting Allen.  Allen is the quarterback of the future period.  If you recall, he was number one on our draft board for months prior to the draft. He possesses all of the tangibles but requires additional work with his footwork.  Will be corrected this year.  Although Josh started today’s games which traditionally means he would be starting the first game.  Many novices would obviously jump to this conclusion and it most cases would be warranted but not in this case.  Those close to the happenings at obd though realize the rationale for McDermott decision for today’s game.  The plan was and still is not to start Allen at quarterback day 1.  I knew before the start of action today, Peterman will be our starting quarterback for the first game and THAT IS THE FINAL WORD.   PS I will try to provide the site with expert clarifications and happenings as the season progresses

then don't do it

14 hours ago, The Final Word said:

? hi Dick!