Advice on Game Tickets

Hey guys- I have been a Bills fan since I was about 8 years old, as soon as Don Beebe swatted that ball out of Leon Lett's showboating hands, even though the were getting their heads kicked in in that game... but I've lived relatively out of the area for my whole life (about 4-5 hours away). 

Well, I think I will finally be making my first trip to a Bills game. It will be December 9th, vs the Jets. We will be going to a Sabres game vs. the Flyers (his team) on Saturday the 8th, and then both coming to see the Bills on the 9th, both of our first games.

We've been coming to training camp for the last 6 years in SJF, and we got into New Era Field for the first time last year, for the training camp practice, which was cool.

When we were there, we got into the seats up in the 200's, and watched practice from up around 211. These seemed like the best seats to take a game in, as I have heard the lower bowl is an issue with constantly standing, and the back half of the 200's up there also has a roof, for any lousy weather situations.

I'm a 33 year old guy and so is my friend, so it's not like we will have kids so will NEED to avoid the real raucous areas, but I think I would still prefer to avoid it, if possible. I imagine those being down on the 1st levels in the endzones... and maybe whatever seat that drunk guy who slid down the railing in the 300s and fell on the guy in the 200s was a couple years ago... haha.

I am checking the Bills ticket website, and it looks like nothing at all is available up in the 200's where I want (basically straight from 207-215). Must be everyone else thinks these are great seats, too. 

Are there any other areas of the stadium that you guys who attend frequently would recommend for a first time attendant? I think I would like something along a sideline, but is there a compelling case to be made for an endzone seat instead? 

I thought I remember thinking that the tunnel endzone maybe being a good seat, too, maybe near 217-219 Endzone Club area, is that true?

Sorry for the length of the post, guys, just wanted to explain what I'm looking for in seats, and wanted to run it by you guys who know a lot more about it than I would.  Thanks for taking the time to read, and hopefully, comment.

Lower upper deck have always been my favorites. Great overhead view of the game, but close enough to see who is who. I had season tickets low in the tunnel end zone for years. Loved the people there, but you're basically watching the Jumbotron anytime the teams are on the other side of the 50. 

Don't worry about the drunk people....they're gonna be everywhere. No way to escape it. Your best bet is to ignore and have your own fun.

Oh, and if you're worried about weather...why go to a Bills game? It's all about the experience of being there. Rain, snow, or shine, it's still a blast.

Edited by BrotherChazz
  • Like (+1) 1

If you want to completely be away from drunken fools, stay out of Orchard Park on Bills game day. 

That being said, if you want to avoid most of it the clubs are probably your best bet. I can't see the Bills or Jets being great this year so you'll probably be able to pick some tickets up for a pretty reasonable price once the game is a little bit closer, time-wise.  

Truthfully there isn't a bad seat in the place. I often sit in 333 which has a fair number of longtime season ticket holders who are pretty well behaved. YMMV

Edited by LeviF91
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve always felt that the lower bowl corners to the 20’s represent good value. You’ll want to be at least 15 rows up or so to have good sightlines. 20-25 is ideal. You shouldn’t have to stand constantly there. If you don’t want to pay to be between the 30’s I’d look for these. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Oh, and if you're worried about weather...why go to a Bills game? It's all about the experience of being there. Rain, snow, or shine, it's still a blast.

I'm not really that worried about the weather honestly, except for maybe a cold rain storm for 3+ hours in early December. Everything else I'm fine with. 

Thanks for the recommendation. So you prefer the 300s to the 200s?

48 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

That being said, if you want to avoid most of it the clubs are probably your best bet. I can't see the Bills or Jets being great this year so you'll probably be able to pick some tickets up for a pretty reasonable price once the game is a little bit closer, time-wise.  

Truthfully there isn't a bad seat in the place. I often sit in 333 which has a fair number of longtime season ticket holders who are pretty well behaved. YMMV

Do you recommend the 300s to the 200s? 

How do you get into the club's? I think the section I'm really interested in, the Pepsi Club, has ZERO tickets available for this game... which I just find hard to believe. Probably like 7,000 seats there, if I had to guess. Does availability for vacancy open up in these club areas open up at later date, closer to the game? I imagine the Jets game would be able to be grabbed up as both teams could stink in early December.

3 hours ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

How do you get into the club's? I think the section I'm really interested in, the Pepsi Club, has ZERO tickets available for this game... which I just find hard to believe. Probably like 7,000 seats there, if I had to guess. Does availability for vacancy open up in these club areas open up at later date, closer to the game? I imagine the Jets game would be able to be grabbed up as both teams could stink in early December.

The clubs aren't any sort of exclusive - season ticket holders purchase them as their seasons. I guarantee if both teams are playing for almost nothing seats will open up for resale on the (relatively) cheap. 

I've sat in the clubs a couple of times and it's a nice experience but I'm younger and like my gamedays a little rowdier so I enjoy the 300s and the 100 endzones a lot. I'm going to wait until the week of the Jets game to buy my seats, most likely.