What if Allen isn't good tommorow?

Steptide

I'm as excited as the next guy for Allen to win the starting job. I'm also a Peterman advocate, and am 100% comfortable with him starting if need be. 

If Allen fails tomorrow though, are we back at square one with McCarron, Peterman and Allen? I'd like to think no, but listening to media this week, there seems to be this narrative that it's Allen's job to lose and I'm not so sure. 

I spelled tomorrow wrong. Oops 

19 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm as excited as the next guy for Allen to win the starting job. I'm also a Peterman advocate, and am 100% comfortable with him starting if need be. 

If Allen fails tomorrow though, are we back at square one with McCarron, Peterman and Allen? I'd like to think no, but listening to media this week, there seems to be this narrative that it's Allen's job to lose and I'm not so sure. 

NFL GIF  NFL GIF  NFL GIF  NFL GIF

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Personally, I'll remind myself that he's a rookie and also remind myself that most of the greatest QBs of all time had horrible rookie seasons.

Then I'll remind myself that Allen is better than Peterman and McCarron and that I want the best QB on the roster to start in Week 1.

EDIT:  I almost forgot ... Before anything else, I'm kicking my dog.

What if he is bad AND you forget to kick the dog? What then?

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I wouldnt worry too much about it. It isnt winning or losing in preseason. Remember that. Also, we are still at square 1. Except it looks like Nate and Josh are the interchangeable 1-2 and AJ is the odd man out. Stay tuned. To answer your first question though...what would I do? Stay off TBD till Monday evening 

Edited by fansince88

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Maybe start Peterman Week 1, but I’m strangely not worried at all - I think Allen will look good and this thought hadn’t even crossed my mind all week until I opened this thread.  

i'm not worried about it at all. i know he is the future and i'm also fine with starting nate. even if josh looks ok, there's still the chance (and likelihood) that nate will post better no.s. against cincy.    allen will have to be very convincing tomorrow.

we can always switch from nate to josh.  we cannot turn back once allen starts. we will be fine. 

Edited by billsredneck1

15 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

What if he is bad AND you forget to kick the dog? What then?

I'm sure she'll get her fair share of kicks this year.  I've decided that I'll limit the kicks to every penalty for too many men on the field.

• Haha (+1) 1