What did Matt Patricia Eat

RPbillsfan

OMG, I'm watching the Lions at Bucs game and it looks like Lions head coach Matt Patricia hit the all you can eat buffet and skipped the salad bar.

He and the Browns offensive line coach would make quite the pair.  About 700 lbs of fun together.

4 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Genetics have little to do with poor life choices.

Any jeans they wear would rub together and start a fire.

You have no idea why he’s looking the way he is. Obviously, the first guess is poor diet and insufficient exercise. Could very well be. But that’s just a guess. I know people who do almost everything right and still struggle. Smart people who try hard and still bust through 300#. Genetics are real. Balance is key. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

You have no idea why he’s looking the way he is. Obviously, the first guess is poor diet and insufficient exercise. Could very well be. But that’s just a guess. I know people who do almost everything right and still struggle. Smart people who try hard and still bust through 300#. Genetics are real. Balance is key. 

Yeah cut him some slack.   He got his nightmare job and then was quickly outted for being rapey.  That had to be tough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I don't know what he ate, but I think it made him woozy.

He just went for two, while down 30-26 four minutes left in the 4th quarter.  Why wouldn't you just take the point and stay w/in FG range?  Am I missing something?

Well, other than it's preseason. Which is a good enough reason, I suppose. But the announcers seemed to be trying to rationalize it in a strategic way. I think they were reaching.

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

He just went for two, while down 30-26 four minutes left in the 4th quarter.  Why wouldn't you just take the point and stay w/in FG range?  Am I missing something?

Well, other than it's preseason. Which is a good enough reason, I suppose. But the announcers seemed to be trying to rationalize it in a strategic way. I think they were reaching.

Probably wanted the goal line rep. I would never kick an xp in preseason. Goal line reps are more important than seeing xps 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm not watching the game, but my first thought was just that - it's preseason, who cares.

Then it occurred to me that preseason is the first time rookie coaches have to make these decisions in real time. Probably easier said than done.

18 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not watching the game, but my first thought was just that - it's preseason, who cares.

Then it occurred to me that preseason is the first time rookie coaches have to make these decisions in real time. Probably easier said than done.

All he was doing was trying to avoid OT. Win or lose in regulation is pretty much the  accepted standard in preseason among coaches 

• Like (+1) 1

I have invested heavily in the anti-chafing market. I'm in it for the long haul. "Put your money on obesity" is what I tell the young folks. America produces more cellulite per capita than the rest of the world, combined. "Thigh-Slick", "Grease the Crease" and "Oil the Boil" will soon be products hidden in every medicine cabinet in America. You're welcome.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

All he was doing was trying to avoid OT. Win or lose in regulation is pretty much the  accepted standard in preseason among coaches 

That may be so, I wasn't watching the game or taking a side either way, just pointing out that it's preseason for rookie coaches too. I think all of us armchair QB/coaches take for granted that these decisions are made in real time and its easy for us to point out which ones they get wrong. (or right) There's got to be a learning curve for a head coach and preseason is the first time they actually have to make real time decisions. The more reps they get, the better they'll be at it.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Let's get them on "Naked and Afraid" for 21 days.

Bingo!  40 pounds of instant and previously thought impossible weight loss.

3 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

OMG, I'm watching the Lions at Bucs game and it looks like Lions head coach Matt Patricia hit the all you can eat buffet and skipped the salad bar.

He and the Browns offensive line coach would make quite the pair.  About 700 lbs of fun together.

....he followed the Ryan Diet............

image.thumb.jpeg.a831a43eeb4fbcecde202dd6fe3dde48.jpeg

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

Ties are avoided like the plague in pre-season. He went for two to guarantee that couldn’t happen. Fundamentals class

6 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Your title should be “ What didn’t Matt Patricia eat?” 

also love how there are so many defenders of this former Patriot fatty who “””allegedly””” may have sorta kinda raped a woman. Thread hit a little too close to home?