The Legalization of Weed

Chef Jim

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

My personal preference too.  When I do too much edibles, I call it overshooting the runway.  I've overshot the runway several times in my life but the next morning, I actually feel really good.  It's a great sleep.  Beer or any alcohol when I overshoot the runway.....I want to stay in bed all day.

Land that plane, brother....

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

That was the fun part!  Being a stoner was like a box of chocolates.  LOL  

I tried everything and anything.  Hated acid.  Only had one or two trips that I really enjoyed.  

I only had one bad experience with blotter and I tried it many many times

These 2 "girls" I worked with made it bad.   1 was smothering me, being my shadow and the other one was jealous and glaring at me like the devil.  After 3 hours I bolted. 

With my goatee and long hair I was usually the one that played the devil giving people the evil eye.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

That was the fun part!  Being a stoner was like a box of chocolates.  LOL  

I tried everything and anything.  Hated acid.  Only had one or two trips that I really enjoyed.  

Back in the day it was safer. An “oregano buzz” just meant you’d been duped.  Now, with stuff like fentanyl out there, it’s a version of Russian Roulette. 

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would you consider shrooms a hard drug?  I don't but if it is considered a hard drug, I've done hard drugs.

I said I did LSD which I guess I consider to be a hard drug.  Shrooms...not so much.  

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Where did you grow up?   

Wondering if we ran in the same circles. 

Born and raised in Auburn, NY.

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm on the fence with LSD as being a hard drug.  

Yeah, I’m on the fence with LSD.  A good baramoter, perhaps, is how greatly the drug impacts your life.  For example, I don’t know anyone who has overdosed or prostituted themselves for weed, shrooms, or acid.  I have been to plenty of funerals for people who have overdosed on heroin.  I have seen the pictures in the OTW prostitute bust threads of the hookers with crack pipe burn all over their faces.  Those are hard drugs.

I’m not hurting anyone taking a few hits off my vape pen after the kids go to bed while I’m watching TV.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, I’m on the fence with LSD.  A good baramoter, perhaps, is how greatly the drug impacts your life.  For example, I don’t know anyone who has overdosed or prostituted themselves for weed, shrooms, or acid.  I have been to plenty of funerals for people who have overdosed on heroin.  I have seen the pictures in the OTW prostitute bust threads of the hookers with crack pipe burn all over their faces.  Those are hard drugs.

I’m not hurting anyone taking a few hits off my vape pen after the kids go to bed while I’m watching TV.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

26 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Whilst in the Navy, I did LSD three times.  Can't got popped for LSD via urinalysis.  Never did it on the ship or at work.

It was the most fun I've ever had, as far as being in an altered state goes.

Shortly after getting out of the Navy, I was at a friend's party.  He had some of his college friends over.  One of them was this girl whose arms would both go up into a "robot" position (forearms parallel to the floor) unless she consciously put them down or used them.

This was permanent neurological damage as a result of dropping bad acid.  That's when I decided I'd never do it again and I won't.  Just too dangerous.

Shrooms are on my list of things to try.  I have access to weed whenever I want it; I just choose not to smoke it.  I agree with you guys re: weed and shrooms; but LSD ... that **** is poison (but so !@#$ing fun).

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Whilst in the Navy, I did LSD three times.  Can't got popped for LSD via urinalysis.  Never did it on the ship or at work.

Shortly after getting out of the Navy, I was at a friend's party.  He had some of his college friends over.  One of them was this girl whose arms would both go up into a "robot" position (forearms parallel to the floor) unless she consciously put them down or used them.

This was permanent neurological damage as a result of dropping bad acid.  That's when I decided I'd never do it again and I won't.  Just too dangerous.

Shrooms are on my list of things to try.  I have access to weed whenever I want it; I just choose not to smoke it.  I agree with you guys re: weed and shrooms; but LSD ... that **** is poison (but so !@#$ing fun).

Jeebus...I’ve never heard of anything like that before ??

Are you sure it was due to taking “bad” LSD, or did she take something else and was told it was LSD?  ?

44 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I’ve never had desire to drop acid and this is a reason why.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Reading "That was then, This is Now" in the summer going from 8th to 9th grade, scared me away from LSD at an early age. It seems like a huge risk, and although seems like there's a 90% chance it'd be harmless fun with no long lasting side effects, I don't want to risk it.

My mom went to rehab 5 times for prescription pills, so I stayed away from anything other than booze through my high school and what would have been my college years. Tried pot for the first time about a month ago. Didn't feel any different. Granted I only took one small hit. 

5 hours ago, Acantha said:

I know my friends back home have been under this impression for a while now.  I just don't get how they can be so sure.  They JUST allowed MMA!!  

New York is one of the more redneck states for this.

If they let the people decide, it will pass. If they leave to the politicians with their pockets full or big pharma and alcohol industry money, it wont.

That's the way we got it passed in my state.  Citizen's initiative.  Do they have that in New York?

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Are you sure it was due to taking “bad” LSD, or did she take something else and was told it was LSD?  ?

This was in the early 90s.  Not sure.

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That’s the thing, you just never know. What’s the weed laced with? Who cooked up your acid? Did they know what they were doing? Are these the right mushrooms? Who decided that? How do you know? What exactly is that white stuff you’re putting up your nose? It could be awesome fun! Or it could kill you on the spot. 

I’m all for legalization of weed, if only because it reduces some risks and some exposure to the rest of the “menu”. 

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This was in the early 90s.  Not sure.

I just have never heard of anything like that.  Neurological damage from LSD?  Interesting....

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s the thing, you just never know. What’s the weed laced with? Who cooked up your acid? Did they know what they were doing? Are these the right mushrooms? Who decided that? How do you know? What exactly is that white stuff you’re putting up your nose? It could be awesome fun! Or it could kill you on the spot. 

I’m all for legalization of weed, if only because it reduces some risks and some exposure to the rest of the “menu”. 

Yes, indeed.  One of the reasons I was so impressed with the dispensary I visited in Las Vegas.  Everything from bud to brownie was labeled with THC level and a bunch of other stuff that I wasn’t familiar with.  You knew what you were getting into, and the “budtenders” gave good advice about dosage.

• Thank you (+1) 1