The Legalization of Weed

Chef Jim

57 minutes ago, teef said:

a lot don't use it as a crutch or pain management.  some just want it for recreational use.  i don't drink because i'm stressed or in pain...i just do it because it's fun.   the same reason i would smoke.  

As a recreational drug, cool.  I'm for legalized everything. But, don't cry to me when you made poor life choices and spent your last $20 on an 8 ball and have to give back alley BJ's to support your habit.

17 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

As a recreational drug, cool.  I'm for legalized everything. But, don't cry to me when you made poor life choices and spent your last $20 on an 8 ball and have to give back alley BJ's to support your habit.

you know where to get $20 8 balls?!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Or even worse, join multi level marketing.

I know there is a back story to this...

1 minute ago, teef said:

you know where to get $20 8 balls?!

Yeah, let me sign you up for this job opportunity. I can advance you a few memos and information on it. The merchandise I will sell you at a whole sell price to get discounts on 8 balls.

1 hour ago, teef said:

a lot don't use it as a crutch or pain management.  some just want it for recreational use.  i don't drink because i'm stressed or in pain...i just do it because it's fun.   the same reason i would smoke.  

To each their own.  Gratuitous behavior is gratuitious behavior and even lower on my list.  When things, or IF things go off rail... Inhaling anything is bad for your health, etc.. etc... Then there is nothing to blame except one's own indulgent behavior.  IMO, that's sad

It may work for you though. Good luck.

1 hour ago, teef said:

I think it’s just like anything else...there’s a time and a place. I’ve gone through periods where I’ve drank and smoked more than I should, and I always end up feeling like trash.  

I feel worse today than i have after drinking.    Saturday I spent 7 hours in the FL heat putting together a memorial garden for the dog that passed this year.    The whole house has been fighting a sick bug all week too I thought sweating it out would be helpful.  It wasn't.  Felt like crap yesterday, and worse today.    No drugs or alcohol needed. 

37 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

To each their own.  Gratuitous behavior is gratuitious behavior and even lower on my list.  When things, or IF things go off rail... Inhaling anything is bad for your health, etc.. etc... Then there is nothing to blame except one's own indulgent behavior.  IMO, that's sad

It may work for you though. Good luck.

meh.  i've been doing this since i was 15 and have done far better than most.  you just have to know yourself and what your personal limits.  it's different for everyone.  at this age i've slowed things down a ton, mostly because i'm concerned about my health as you mentioned.

32 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I feel worse today than i have after drinking.    Saturday I spent 7 hours in the FL heat putting together a memorial garden for the dog that passed this year.    The whole house has been fighting a sick bug all week too I thought sweating it out would be helpful.  It wasn't.  Felt like crap yesterday, and worse today.    No drugs or alcohol needed. 

everyone here is getting sick too.  weird, sudden fevers, sore throats, fatigue.  it's gross.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

meh.  i've been doing this since i was 15 and have done far better than most.  you just have to know yourself and what your personal limits.  it's different for everyone.  at this age i've slowed things down a ton, mostly because i'm concerned about my health as you mentioned.

everyone here is getting sick too.  weird, sudden fevers, sore throats, fatigue.  it's gross.

That's exactly what we've all got.  My son's football team caught it off the charter bus on the 17th half the team was sick last week.  Finally getting over it but this morning was not fun.   I don't enjoy throwing up snot. 

5 minutes ago, teef said:

I feel like hell right now with the same symptoms,to be honest I'm ready to go to bed and stay there all afternoon/night.It feels like flu..no appetite either because of a sour stomach.Blah..

10 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

That's exactly what we've all got.  My son's football team caught it off the charter bus on the 17th half the team was sick last week.  Finally getting over it but this morning was not fun.   I don't enjoy throwing up snot. 

How many days?

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I feel like hell right now with the same symptoms,to be honest I'm ready to go to bed and stay there all afternoon/night.It feels like flu..no appetite either because of a sour stomach.Blah..

How many days?

He was sick on the 19th, i started on the 23rd.  Went to the dr, said it was a virus.  Had to run it's course.   No fever which is odd.  

No, no appetite.  Nothing sounds good.   Not even soup. 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

ummmm  an 8 ball is not a pot reference .... 

just saying 

you got your 1/4 oz, your 1/8 oz which really is naught but a bud or 2. 

I suppose you could call that an 8 ball for $20 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

If anyone thinks drug cartels are just going to pack up their things and go home after losing the mj trade think again. The streets are awash in opiods that are taking mj's place in their revenue stream.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

If anyone thinks drug cartels are just going to pack up their things and go home after losing the mj trade think again. The streets are awash in opiods that are taking mj's place in their revenue stream.

and those are cut with drywall, and other assorted byproducts to save money.    opioids are bad enough on their own let alone when they get mixed with other garbage.    

23 minutes ago, SDS said:

I've been saying that the cartels are going no place for years.  Further, if they lose their footing in a state concerning pot they will find a way to gain a lot of it back.  They don't charge a sales tax for starters.  Purchasers will not be required to hold onto a sales receipt to know that they in fact paid a sales tax at a legal establishment.  The higher the tax that is charged in a given state the more competitive the black market will be on price.  Truth be told for most pot purchasers there was very little stigma in buying pot as most people did not have to visit a violent part of a town or city.

14 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because people want a crutch. They are in pain, stressed out, too uptight.  They need an easy answer.  Which of course usually leads to dependency.

But you are right.

Gotta bunch of drunks now, great... Wait for the pot heads looking to escape reality and ease their pain.

FWIW, I am for legalization... Give the people what they want.

It's obvious your young body doesn't suffer from arthritis.

• Like (+1) 1

I've got friends on Facebook who are pimping CBD oil. I don't know what it is I assume it is just the oil from the plant itself supposed to be good for all kinds of ailments without getting high at all.   Of course that takes the fun out of it for some people 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

How many days?

this is what my dad has going on now.  he was low grade all last week, and he finally spent yesterday in bed with a sore throat.  he was just wiped out.  i had the flu this past year, so i feel for anyone going through this.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Which is why decriminalization would have to be across the board, and include a legalization of regulated prostitution. At that point, the main revenue drivers would be completely cooked other than human trafficking, which has comparatively limited demand and earnings potential. Recruitment would be very difficult at that point. 

Illegal weapons trafficking would be also be reduced dramatically without the black markets for drugs driving demand.