The Legalization of Weed

Chef Jim

22 hours ago, Augie said:

I had heard the “gateway drug” argument forever. I worked with a guy who rarely drinks, but says he’d smoke pot if it were legal and his wife didn’t mind. That was his thing in HS and college.  He made an interesting argument. If it’s legal, not only is it taxed and regulated, but you never need to be exposed to that dealer who also has a menu of benzo’s, opiods and all the stuff that can lead down the road to ruin. 

Food for thought. 

I'm almost 60 and never saw a dealer like that, a dude with a selection.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm almost 60 and never saw a dealer like that, a dude with a selection.

Consider yourself lucky. I wish I knew less about this. That’s all I can say. I’m not trying to convince anyone. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Maybe not but it should be now

Thanksgiving is an important holiday, but I do wish the USA would celebrate it in October too.  It can be hell traveling at the end of November, when it could easily be moved to a more weather moderate time of the year. 

Why not give a nod to Canada, and celebrate on the same day?

1 minute ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Thanksgiving is an important holiday, but I do wish the USA would celebrate it in October too.  It can be hell traveling at the end of November, when it could easily be moved to a more weather moderate time of the year. 

Not much would change.  The biggest travel time would just shift 3 weeks.  

9 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

The wife and I have to help out at the in-laws given their age.  Still almost too warm to think about running the oven several hours during mid-October in Rochester.  Late November works just fine and  usually snow is not a concern then.

55 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The wife and I have to help out at the in-laws given their age.  Still almost too warm to think about running the oven several hours during mid-October in Rochester.  Late November works just fine and  usually snow is not a concern then.

I understand that, but IF you were people who had to travel by air,  for the hoiliday, or drive long distances in probable snow,  maybe you would see it differently?

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not much would change.  The biggest travel time would just shift 3 weeks.  

The travel weather would change by maybe 5-6 weeks, at a time of the year when it can become a big factor.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Why not address the cause of the pain and issues instead of just treating the symptom with pot???‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Because people want a crutch. They are in pain, stressed out, too uptight.  They need an easy answer.  Which of course usually leads to dependency.

But you are right.

Gotta bunch of drunks now, great... Wait for the pot heads looking to escape reality and ease their pain.

FWIW, I am for legalization... Give the people what they want.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:02 AM, Chef Jim said:

The process for getting a card here in CA when you needed one was a joke.  I went to Dr 420 (yeah I'm serious).  The "nurse" took some info and led me to a room that had a table, chair and a laptop and said "the doctor will be right with you".  No medical degrees on the wall.  I imagined the laptop was to enter more information regarding my illness (major sciatica pain).  Nope in a couple minutes Dr 420 pops up on Skype.  We did not talk about my sciatica other than the level of pain. They never looked into my claim of back pain, never spoke with my doctor and ever examined me.  We talked about dosages and that smoking was the best way to control dosage than edibles.  It's all about the money.  An absolute joke. 

C’mon we know why you are into “exams.”  You hear the snap of a latex glove and you immediately bend over with a smile.  You’re just a different Pavlov’s dog.....

14 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Why not address the cause of the pain and issues instead of just treating the symptom with pot???‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because people want a crutch. They are in pain, stressed out, too uptight.  They need an easy answer.  Which of course usually leads to dependency.

But you are right.

Gotta bunch of drunks now, great... Wait for the pot heads looking to escape reality and ease their pain.

FWIW, I am for legalization... Give the people what they want.

a lot don't use it as a crutch or pain management.  some just want it for recreational use.  i don't drink because i'm stressed or in pain...i just do it because it's fun.   the same reason i would smoke.  

3 minutes ago, teef said:

a lot don't use it as a crutch or pain management.  some just want it for recreational use.  i don't drink because i'm stressed or in pain...i just do it because it's fun.   the same reason i would smoke.  

Teef you're 100% right on rec.   When I' m upset or stressed I don't drink at all.   I actually don't drink during the week at all anymore The only time I like to have a few drinks is when i'm in a good mood or on vacation.  I imagine it's the same way with the sticky icky  

Edited by Soda Popinski

33 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Teef you're 100% right on rec.   When I' m upset or stressed I don't drink at all.   I actually don't drink during the week at all anymore The only time I like to have a few drinks is when i'm in a good mood or on vacation.  I imagine it's the same way with the sticky icky  

I think it’s just like anything else...there’s a time and a place. I’ve gone through periods where I’ve drank and smoked more than I should, and I always end up feeling like trash.  

• Like (+1) 1