Lacanfora: Bills have reached out to Raiders about Khalil Mack trade

YoloinOhio

Just now, mannc said:

You are vastly overestimating Mack’s market value.  Raiders will be fortunate to get a first for him.  I suspect Beane is trying to get them to take a second, plus Hughes or Shaq

People really disrespecting Hughes. He's a beast. Forget the numbers, watch the tape

• Like (+1) 2

Beane and McDermott have stressed that they want team first guys. High character locker room leaders that absolutely love the game. I can't see where a guy  not reporting and holding out while under contract fits that profile. This is not a comment on whether he should be holding out, what his value is, if he is underpaid, etc., just doesn't seem to be a McBeane kind of guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I wonder if he would have that much say in a potential trade.

He actually could have a huge say because no team is trading away a 1st rounder for somebody they can’t sign long term.  That said, I’d think he’d be alright signing with any team willing to give him a huge contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Lost in all this is the fact that Gruden is about to make the Raiders a worse team, and he hasn't even coached a game in his second stint with them.  I see Chuckie fired in 2-3 years.

Not so sure about that.

The Raiders are leaving for Las Vegas soon, and all the glitz and glamour of that will blind Davis to how the team does.

I think Gruden will get a good amount of time to succeed.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Lost in all this is the fact that Gruden is about to make the Raiders a worse team, and he hasn't even coached a game in his second stint with them.  I see Chuckie fired in 2-3 years.

$100,000,000 says you are wrong my friend. You forget they have "dumber" as the ring leader of that circus. Somewhere Al is turning over in his grave right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Beane and McDermott have stressed that they want team first guys. High character locker room leaders that absolutely love the game. I can't see where a guy  not reporting and holding out while under contract fits that profile. This is not a comment on whether he should be holding out, what his value is, if he is underpaid, etc., just doesn't seem to be a McBeane kind of guy. 

Mack should have been paid the highest defensive player contract a while ago, or atleast whatever Von Miller is making.

1 minute ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I get the feeling that he would want to play for this team.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

You are vastly overestimating Mack’s market value.  Raiders will be fortunate to get a first for him.  I suspect Beane is trying to get them to take a second, plus Hughes or Shaq

I agree with this. I would not be surprised at all if he gets traded for a second. It will be hard for any team to fit his salary under their cap. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

$100,000,000 says you are wrong my friend. You forget they have "dumber" as the ring leader of that circus. Somewhere Al is turning over in his grave right now. 

Worse team getting rid of Mack, or fired in 2-3 years?

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Agreed.

Although I think Al would have done the same thing.

He didn't want to come back to Oakland. It's all about the money.

6 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

And yet...The Bills reached out to them.....

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It would take more than that for sure. I think the Raiders wouldn't value Hughes as anything more than a throw in. The Raiders I imagine would probably come in asking for a 1st and 3rd in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020. If Mack wasn't demanding such a huge contract I might bite but that's a lot of money and draft capital to give up for one player. Even if you got the deal down to a 1st and 4th in 2019 plus a 2nd in 2020 that's still significant draft capital. 

I hear you but it is dependent on what the other teams can afford too.