Lacanfora: Bills have reached out to Raiders about Khalil Mack trade

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

Hughes or Lawson and a first?  Then if Murphy ever gets healthy, this defense will just be a Biscuit away.

I've said Hughes and a 1st.

Hughes nets you $6.35 million in cap savings.

Lawson nets you $1.38.

My question to all would be IF the trade goes down AND Hughes is still on the team, where does Hughes go?

Both play the right DE position.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Lawson nets you $1.38.

My question to all would be IF the trade goes down AND Hughes is still on the team, where does Hughes go?

Could they play Mack at the SAM and then bring him down to rush the passer on 3rd down?  I mean he's more athletic than LoRax.

I don't see this trade happening though.  Hope I'm wrong,.

Edited by SWATeam

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I don't think Hughes and a first does it.  Say they did have interest in Hughes which I think Gruden might, I think you still need to add at least a 3rd in the next two drafts along with Hughes and next years first.  It seems like a 3rd of a league is interested, so that could drive up his value.  All of that said, I am one of those who has full confidence in Beane and think we would have as good a chance as any.

This will just be one of those 2 or 3 day things that results in another team making it happen. I am very happy with the guys in charge of this team for a change but I can’t see us pulling anything like this off. Another team will pull the trigger and we will be sifting through a pile of excuses and what have you’s.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Lawson nets you $1.38.

Mack can play anywhere.  And you can rotate Murphy in and put Mack at OLB for stretches too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jr1 said:

Mack must really hate Gruden

Gruden walks in through the door making $100m while Mack busts his butt for the last few years, doesn’t miss a single game, defensive player of the year, all-pro..and for your hard work Mack? Keep playing on your rookie contract while we pay this chucky doll looking nut $100,000,000.00

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Here is the deal.  If Allen ends up being a great QB, with Kalil Mack, a couple of free agent lineman (which we easily will have the money for) and another weapon or two on offense, I think we are legit Super Bowl contenders in 2019.  Kalil Mack is the closest thing the NFL has seen to Lawrence Taylor since he retired and I really wouldn't care if we gave up our next two firsts. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This will just be one of those 2 or 3 day things that results in another team making it happen. I am very happy with the guys in charge of this team for a change but I can’t see us pulling anything like this off. Another team will pull the trigger and we will be sifting through a pile of excuses and what have you’s.

YE OLE can also see this deal happening and McDermott stepping to podium very matter of fact like and telling the media “Brandon and his team do a great job. They’re always looking for good players that can come in and improve our team. Just like bringing in John Ryan the other day... he’s a good player. Khalil’s also a good player. We’re excited to have both these guys here to compete...”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 13

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Lawson nets you $1.38.

It would take more than that for sure. I think the Raiders wouldn't value Hughes as anything more than a throw in. The Raiders I imagine would probably come in asking for a 1st and 3rd in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020. If Mack wasn't demanding such a huge contract I might bite but that's a lot of money and draft capital to give up for one player. Even if you got the deal down to a 1st and 4th in 2019 plus a 2nd in 2020 that's still significant draft capital. 

I'd love to have him, but RARELY that I can think of does this type of trade or even FA signing pay off.   Just because KM dominates with the Raiders, does not mean he would be the same player here.   Different D, different players, different everything....

2 minutes ago, Talonz said:

I'd love to have him, but RARELY that I can think of does this type of trade or even FA signing pay off.   Just because KM dominates with the Raiders, does not mean he would be the same player here.   Different D, different players, different everything....

Yep. I’m seeing shades of MARIO Williams. 

He's going to want around $20 Million a year.  I suppose it's doable considerable that we don't have an expensive QB contract on the books.  But I find it very difficult to believe that any team with a QB that is paid like a franchise QB could fit both Mack and he on the team.  You are talking about nearly 30% of the cap on two players.

41 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s perhaps the best defensive player in the game.  First team all-pro at both DE and OLB. I’d gladly give up next year’s first for him.  Gladly.

While all true, Giving up next years first is very risky considering it could be top 10. And on top of it, the bills will have to make Mack the highest paid defensive player ever.

If the Bills were close to a Super Bowl contender I would agree With the trade, but I just think they are too far away to be giving away first round picks. (It will also cost more than just a first)

• Like (+1) 4