Peterman and McCarron Suck. Not trying to be funny.

mynmisoli

Other than the OP I haven't read any post. And I would have never even posted in this thread as I don't like to support any player-bashing threads. But the headline just made me laugh out loud.  

Peterman and McCarron Suck. Not trying to be funny.

I'm sitting here pondering the context that would someone to interpret "Peterman and McCarron Suck"  as something funny.  Keep in mind. I found it very funny, but ONLY after reading "Not trying to be funny". 

Someone points a gun at you and says "I'm killing you and your family"---not funny whatsoever. Same guy point a gun at you and says "I'm killing you and your family. Not Trying to be funny"--you might be chuckling a bit. Well, I might be.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Newbie has to start his own thread.  LOOK AT ME.

Newbie to a message board but likely not a newbie to planet earth.  This has nothing to do with the thread starter's post but it is insane how people think that a person who just joined a message board or has limited posts is somehow less qualified to post or comment than someone who has a ton of posts. 

You do realize that people exist outside of message boards right?  We have thoughts and ideas even though we may not post them.  To dismiss someone's take due to them being new to a message board is pathetic and something I have never understood. 

And yes I am also a newbie to the message board but not to life :)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Newbie to a message board but likely not a newbie to planet earth.  This has nothing to do with the thread starter's post but it is insane how people think that a person who just joined a message board or has limited posts is somehow less qualified to post or comment than someone who has a ton of posts. 

You do realize that people exist outside of message boards right?  We have thoughts and ideas even though we may not post them.  To dismiss someone's take due to them being new to a message board is pathetic and something I have never understood. 

well apparently if you discovered twobillsdrive.com before someone else, you are smarter then them.  BTW, no one disproved my OP.

18 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Honestly when I read the OP nothing about it resonates with me. It really was just a low effort troll post in my honest opinion. I would like more effort in original posting. Do some research and get your points together I am sure even if people disagree they won't bash you. 

There is nothing in the OP that will enlighten me. It provides no new information. All the points are personal feelings. I wish we had upvotes and down vote system like Reddit. 

I think sometimes people can find other threads to post in if they are feeling troll like. I don't mind trollish nature but it doesn't merit another hot take thread. 

Although it is the internet and I'd rather deal with troll like post than deal with over strict moderation. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Honestly when I read the OP nothing about it resonates with me. It really was just a low effort troll post in my honest opinion. I would like more effort in original posting. Do some research and get your points together I am sure even if people disagree they won't bash you. 

There is nothing in the OP that will enlighten me. It provides no new information. All the points are personal feeling. I wish we had upvotes and down vote system like Reddit. 

That is all well and good but the take of "newbie  has to start his own thread. LOOK AT ME" is what I was reacting to.  It's the equivalent of picking at someone's grammar during a debate over physics.  It just seems unnecessary and irrelevant.

Edit: just to be clear my take is only regarding the idea that new posters are somehow illequipped, by default, to hold an intelligent debate.  I need a safe space stat

Edited by Johnnycage46

2 hours ago, mynmisoli said:

Look, they suck.  Im sure they have great leadership qualities and work hard blah blah blah.  They suck though.  Peterman pre determines his throws and gets happy feet under pressure.  Also has the demeanor of a gun slinger just doesn't have any bullets which is is why he throws so many ints.  AJ is just so unspectacular that he should be nothing more than a professional clip board holder.  Please don't put either in unless Allen gets hurt, please.  

They sucks but Peterman statistically is playing better ball than Allen and McCarron but ok we will trust your magic 8 ball... Maybe he's less physically gifted but sucking? You're reaching... He's played fine so far this pre season. Let the competition play out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GrizzReaper said:

They sucks but Peterman statistically is playing better ball than Allen and McCarron but ok we will trust your magic 8 ball... Maybe he's less physically gifted but sucking? You're reaching... He's played fine so far this pre season. Let the competition play out.

Wanna talk about statistics?   What are Petermans statistics in regular season and playoff games?  

29 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That is all well and good but the take of "newbie  has to start his own thread. LOOK AT ME" is what I was reacting to.  It's the equivalent of picking at someone's grammar during a debate over physics.  It just seems unnecessary and irrelevant.

To be fair, there are protocols that are learned from time on the forum. One of them is to use the search function, or just look at the current list of active threads, and see if the topic is being discussed in another thread (or, as in this case, multiple threads). Starting topics that are redundant crowds the forum, and this thread is egregiously redundant.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

To be fair, there are protocols that is learned from time on the forum. One of them is to use the search function, or just look at the current list of active threads, and see if the topic is being discussed in another thread (or, as in this case, multiple threads). Starting topics that are redundant crowds the forum, and this thread is egregiously redundant.

Fair enough and I can respect that.

3 minutes ago, mynmisoli said:

Wanna talk about statistics?   What are Petermans statistics in regular season and playoff games?  

How about talking about Peterman was a rookie who thought he had no hopes of starting a regular season game then gets thrown in? You're a turd... Bye

4 minutes ago, GrizzReaper said:

How about talking about Peterman was a rookie who thought he had no hopes of starting a regular season game then gets thrown in? You're a turd... Bye

ahhh so if the statistics don't fit you're agenda then we should disregard it?  Yeah, Peterman's statistics in games he plays is not an indication of him as a player right?  Peterman apologists confuse me.

3 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I see the annual preseason influx of geniuses has begun in earnest around here.

Let me guess... you went to Trump University, didn't you, so you're an actual huge, brilliant, high IQ genius?

Give me a break. Anyone can see Allen is going to be the #1 guy sooner rather than later. By a mile.

8 minutes ago, mynmisoli said:

ahhh so if the statistics don't fit you're agenda then we should disregard it?  Yeah, Peterman's statistics in games he plays is not an indication of him as a player right?  Peterman apologists confuse me.

I'm going to grace you with one explanation... And for the record I firmly believe in McDermotts "the best player will play" philosophy...

Do you not have even the slightest comprehension of how hard it had to have been for Nathan Peterman to be called into the starting line-up when he surely believed my team is in playoff contention for the first time in forever??? Like you have Taylor who's QB'ed this team for x years and he has them ready to maybe go to the playoffs and you have no clue you may start? That maybe he wasn't prepared? That he himself was a rookie that year sitting behind a entrenched veteran? And he goes in and throws 5 picks in a half of football... Then he starts a bad game the next week. So you're going to hold that against him? You ever stop to think he may have learned a lot from that? Maybe stuff Allen has yet to learn?

I'm no Allen homer... IDC who starts. So long as it goes by what this coaching staff has preached to this point. The best man will win the job.

Edited by GrizzReaper

1 minute ago, GrizzReaper said:

I'm going to grace you with one explanation... And for the record I firmly believe in McDermotts "the best player will play" philosophy...

Do you not have even the slightest comprehension of how hard it had to have been for Nathan Peterman to be called into the starting line-up when he surely believed my team is in playoff contention for the first time I forever??? Like you have Taylor who's QB'ed this team for x years and he has them ready to maybe go to the playoffs and you have no clue you may start? That maybe he wasn't prepared? That he himself was a rookie that year sitting behind a entrenched veteran? And he goes in and throws 5 picks in a half of football... Then he starts a bad game the next week. So you're going to hold that against him? You ever stop to think he may have learned a lot from that? Maybe stuff Allen has yet to learn?

I'm no Allen homer... IDC who starts. So long as it goes by what this coaching staff has preached to this point. The best man will win the job.

Yes, playing QB in the NFL is hard.  Your point is taken.  Yes Peterman was a rookie last year.  That point is also taken.  Here's my point: That does not excuse him for being terrible.  Bad players should not be coddled and protected, bad players should get benched or cut.  That is why Peterman should not be our starter, he is a bad player.  Not a bad person, not a bad teammate, not a bad leader.  A bad player.  That is my point.