NEW NARRATIVE ON TYROD

12 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

And now he plays for two offensive minded coaches who wont be able to agree on what scheme they want to use when neither works.

It is an interesting, and unresolved, question how Hue and Todd "Ego" Haley will work together, as well as how Haley will work with Tyrod.

As far as with the Bills, Meh.  National commentators who know something, like Dilfer and Billick (as well as several here) were making comments about the design of Roman's passing game and the quality of the coaching - saying there were two questions, whether Tyrod could play successfully in the scheme and whether the Bills could win playing that scheme.  It is to be remembered that Roman went to the Superbowl with that scheme - and got spanked. 

As for Dennison, it was a question how much of him was Kubiak.  Folks here were sounding the alarm on our run game last year about this time.  Now we know.

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That seems remotely ominous

*puzzled* Where does the "remotely" part come in?

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

The media for whatever reason want so badly for Tyrod to be a superstar

Well, it would make a great underdog story.  Backup gets his shot with new team, goes to probowl, breaks playoff drought

Gets kicked to the curb anyway, gets shot with 1-31 (edited) team and makes good.

The media loves them some underdog stories.  Always has, always will.

(and if that's what you meant, JSP, I apologize)

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

Nobody hates Tyrod.

Some folks got "not hate" pretty indistinguishable from the real thing then.

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Whoever created this (was it you, Teddy?) clearly didn't pay attention to the Bills... when did Taylor throw to a #13 and a #35 in his 40+ games in Buffalo  :flirt:

#13 was Dez Lewis Tyrod's 1st two years here, and saw little (no?) game action at WR.

Last year #13 was Kelvin Benjamin

#35 was Mike Gillislee and last year was the over-used Mike Tolbert

Whether Benjamin and Tolbert appeared in a game together I leave as an exercise for someone else, but Tolbert was targeted 17 times last year.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Tyrod, whatever he is to anyone, has more wins, starts, TD’s,  probowls and career contract earnings Then all 3 Bills QBs combined. 

I unstand being happy the team has moved on, but the level of vitriol and hate are simply out of line with the facts. 

The facts were on full display vs the Jaguars.   

Thats who he is way too frequently to be taken seriously 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

The facts were on full display vs the Jaguars.   

Thats who he is way too frequently to be taken seriously 

That he struggled and played conservatively against the NFLs best defense?  Peterman came in  v that same defense and got sacked, completed one of three passes to his team and one to the other... I guess we would have liked more of that? 

Bills were in position to win that if only Bortles did go all Tyrod and run for several hundred yards. 

The guy did a good job for Buffalo. He wasn’t great, but was serviceable.  

For that I say thank you TT for making the Bills watchable, and competitive- good luck in Cleveland doing the same... i really Hope Josh is ready 

• Sad 1

Through 3 Weeks of Preseason

Tyrod Taylor averaging 9.3 yards per completion (71.4 completion pct.)

Baker Mayfield averaging 13.96 yards per completion (57.8 completion pct.)

What I take away from this is that it has nothing to do with who is calling the plays and everything to do with who is executing the plays.  Stats do not always give an accurate picture of what is happening, but these most definitely do.  Baker is trying to complete more difficult passes, pushing the ball down the field (Hence why his completion pct. is lower), while Tyrod continues to do Tyrod things, and takes way too many dump off throws underneath for 3 and 4 yards, especially when its 3rd and 10.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Tyrod is a super hard worker/great teammate. 

He's simply too slow in applying his training to live game action. He processes the game to slow, always will.

That's not an attribute you can Coach.

75% of what it takes to be a successful QB in the NFL is in between the ears once they make it to the pros.

4 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

What I take away from this is that it has nothing to do with who is calling the plays and everything to do with who is executing the plays.  Stats do not always give an accurate picture of what is happening, but these most definitely do.  Baker is trying to complete more difficult passes, pushing the ball down the field (Hence why his completion pct. is lower), while Tyrod continues to do Tyrod things, and takes way too many dump off throws underneath for 3 and 4 yards, especially when its 3rd and 10.

Honestly I'm fine with Tyrod being in Cleveland, but I remember that he was our QB when the drought ended. I don't care if he was 100% responsible or 1% responsible for us making the playoffs, I only care that he was there and he help end the streak. Can we just wish him luck and move the f#(k on already!!!

Image result for get over it gif

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

I don't think preseason means that much.

That said:  9.3 ypa isn't dink-n-dunk territory.  The best teams in the NFL last season had just over 8 ypa, Saints and Chiefs.

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

“It’s always going to be twice as bad just because of who I am – an African-American quarterback,” Taylor said. “Look across the league, man. We’re held to a certain standard. We almost have to be perfect.

“I wouldn’t say it’s just an African-American quarterback thing. It’s an African-American athlete thing – or just an African-American thing. And that’s not anything I just found out. It’s been that way since I was a kid.”

So, he's been a crappy QB since he was a kid.  Got it.

The standard I held for him is throwing for more than 1 TD a game, AND over 200 yards occasionally. That seems like a pretty low standard to me.

• Like (+1) 1