NEW NARRATIVE ON TYROD

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It might be true.

If Taylor plays well this year, that narrative gains a lot of credence.

One thing's for sure, his OC last year sucked.

Agreed. Taylor is a great athlete and he still may be an excellent qb.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It might be true.

If Taylor plays well this year, that narrative gains a lot of credence.

One thing's for sure, his OC last year sucked.

35 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Agreed. Taylor is a great athlete and he still may be an excellent qb.

Year 11 is when the magic happens and he stops becoming every other QBs playtoy 

Really hope Tyrod does well. He deserves it. He works hard, he's a good guy, and he gave us what we paid for while he was here and took us to the playoffs.

Don't regret moving on from Tyrod and won't regret it regardless of what he does from here on out...but hope he does really well.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ha.  I’m enjoying this thread. Not watching the browns game.  Will probably never watch a browns game as long as that Landry guy is wearing a uniform.  I’m boycotting him.  Is that a thing?

Oh it's a thing....and its warranted.  He is a punk and seems like crap teammate.  The type that would be upset the team scored because HE didn't score.

1 hour ago, mynmisoli said:

Pre determined his throw before the snap and was unable to adjust on the fly.  Throws it to the far corner where only a 6 foot 8 receiver could get it.  But hey he didn't throw an Int, that's a win in his book.  Damn he sucks.  Can't believe we stole a 3rd rounder for that guy.

No, no, you have it all wrong.   The correct narrative is "I can't believe Cleveland stole a playoff caliber QB for only a 3d round pick".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Wagon Circler said:

I heard it today on NFL network and just now from Joe Buck.

"He played under two defensive minded coaches and never had an opportunity to cut it loose."

OMG!

This is Cleveland propaganda. Always amazing to me how little the national media knows.

They're doing precisely the same thing most at this board are doing right now with Allen.

Having faith things are going to change and wanting to believe they have found a good QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

They're doing precisely the same thing most at this board are doing right now with Allen.

Having faith things are going to change and wanting to believe they have found a good QB.

I agree to an extent, but with Tyrod we saw many examples over the last 3 years from all 22 reviews where guys were open and he either didn't see them or was afraid to rip it.  I think the fantasy with Tyrod is more delusional because there is a lot of NFL tape out there that would indicate he will be a .500 QB and a game manager-esque QB.  

I think the Josh Allen hype is purely wishful thinking with little real NFL tape to show how he will do.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll give Tyrod credit man sounded like he got hurt and played hurt. I always said he was the Terminator in that way. Thanks for the 3rd round pick anyway. 

I'm only really checking in to see if  the hype for the Browns is still going strong. People still think they winning more games then Buffalo?

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

It irritates me when they say he led us to the playoffs.... Our D led us to the playoffs, he was just the guy taking the snaps.

It was a little of both. D was terrible for some stretches. And they finished the season ranked in the bottom third for yards and ppg. They certainly were not a top 10 or even 15 defense that carried the team every game.

16 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I'm only really checking in to see if  the hype for the Browns is still going strong. People still think they winning more games then Buffalo?

I could see that for sure. Hope I am wrong because that would probably mean Allen is playing well.

“It’s always going to be twice as bad just because of who I am – an African-American quarterback,” Taylor said. “Look across the league, man. We’re held to a certain standard. We almost have to be perfect.

“I wouldn’t say it’s just an African-American quarterback thing. It’s an African-American athlete thing – or just an African-American thing. And that’s not anything I just found out. It’s been that way since I was a kid.”

So, he's been a crappy QB since he was a kid.  Got it.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1