NEW NARRATIVE ON TYROD

40 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

And your most recent responses, which I quoted with his, were in response to him stating that currently there are 30+ QBs who teams would not trade straight up for Tyrod.

Then you started bringing in prior seasons.

No, my initial response referred to the three years (see below), but as I said above, I did not change the subject from that three-year assessment. Others may have, but I didn't. Evaluating Taylor, who is still young, requires taking a longer view and not simply looking at last season when he had awful receivers and a terrible OC. He didn't play well himself either (although he least took care of the ball), but 2017 is only one piece in a larger body of work. 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

No, my initial response referred to the three years (see below), but as I said above, I did not change the subject from that three-year assessment. Others may have, but I didn't. Evaluating Taylor, who is still young, requires taking a longer view and not simply looking at last season when he had awful receivers and a terrible OC. He didn't play well himself either (although he least took care of the ball), but 2017 is only one piece in a larger body of work. 

Except he is referring to last year specifically.

He is 29 which is not young for a running QB who's game is predicted on his athleticism

If he was so good then why was the only offer a 3rd round pick from the Browns?

1 hour ago, COTC said:

What happened to our starter and backup? Were they cut?? The scrubs we have now are exactly that. Bench warmers and a rookie. 

So what exactly was the plan other than sacrifice he year?

Maybe it was to build a team that has the potential to someday be better than average.

I know this four year run of winning seven to nine games per year seems pretty glorious compared to the 6-10 era, but it's possible they may be aiming higher.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And that was clearly proven true last year in one of the worst starts in nfl history.

i was not a Tyrod fan but this narrative that he was terrible and anyone is an improvement is completely false.

Tyrod  had season RAT of 89.2   and a QBR of  56.4.  A sack % of 9.9     1 of every 10 drop backs.  Nearly 4 sacks per game and  one 4th QTR comeback.

Those are not #'s for a good starter to have.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tyrod is better than anything we have right now. It's not even close. 

Please stop.

practice what you preach.  

Tyrod failed  and now,  he's not only in QB purgatory, he's in QB hell!

I'd take sucking with Josh or Nate or AJ and I'm damn glad he's gone.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Maybe it was to build a team that has the potential to someday be better than average.

I know this four year run of winning seven to nine games per year seems pretty glorious compared to the 6-10 era, but it's possible they may be aiming higher.

People would rather settle for mediocrity.

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tyrod  had season RAT of 89.2   and a QBR of  56.4.  A sack % of 9.9     1 of every 10 drop backs.  Nearly 4 sacks per game and  one 4th QTR comeback.

Those are not #'s for a good starter to have.  

Especially when he was due what? $18milly?

Please.

Dude had his chance.

Amazes me how people act like we traded away the greatest QB in Bills history.

The Knights of Taylor will defend him to the death, yet when confronted with one simple question, they have no answer:

If he was so amazing, why, in a passing, QB-centric league, where the best teams year in, year out, rely on a good passing attack, was NOBODY willing to pony up in a trade for him, and the only team that was, gave up nothing more than a 3rd round pick, then STILL drafted a QB #1 overall?

The answer is easy, but the Tyrod lovers won't admit it.

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

We know you are. We ALL know you are. 

Its not hate Scott.    It was the accumulation of 3 years of frustration ! 

I promise to be nicer to Josh Allen. 

Can't I be granted forgiveness Cardinal Scott?  (of the CoT)

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 8/27/2018 at 12:46 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

........oddly, the Bills were one of the pioneers with black QB's ala James Harris and Marlin "The Magician" Briscoe".......yet TT was not  accepted here because of skin color?...go figure.....

For the record, Lou Saban sent both Harris and Briscoe packing when he came into town in 1972, leaving the Bills with a sore-armed Dennis Shaw and such Titans of the Pivot as Mike Taliaferro and Leo Hart that year, until forced to start rookie Joe Ferguson in 1973. And why? Because (as Marlin Briscoe, who had been demoted from QB by Saban in Denver already) Saban would not play a black QB. Imagine how much better the team would have been with Harris in 72 and 73....

That's racism at work there. Not in Tyrod's case, where he had multiple chances to justify further faith.

8 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

For the record, Lou Saban sent both Harris and Briscoe packing when he came into town in 1972, leaving the Bills with a sore-armed Dennis Shaw and such Titans of the Pivot as Mike Taliaferro and Leo Hart that year, until forced to start rookie Joe Ferguson in 1973. And why? Because (as Marlin Briscoe, who had been demoted from QB by Saban in Denver already) Saban would not play a black QB. Imagine how much better the team would have been with Harris in 72 and 73....

That's racism at work there. Not in Tyrod's case, where he had multiple chances to justify further faith.

..thanks for clarification......never really remembered that side of Saban......wondered if that ever entered into Ralph's disdain for him for so long......fleeing the coop was certainly a factor..........

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Whoa! Like moths to a flame this should gather all of the Taylor "fans"   :lol:

"Nick Wright is the co-host of First Things First on FS1 and is a regular contributor to FS1’s studio shows. Wright joined FOX Sports following successful a four-year tenure at Houston’s KILT 610 AM, where he hosted the morning drive show “In the Loop with Nick and Lopez.” Prior to his time in Houston, Wright began his career at Kansas City’s KCSP 610 AM."

This is why we don't care.  He's not in any !@#$ing loop to speak of.  He never even got to FM, for Christ's sakes.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/23/2018 at 8:31 PM, Wagon Circler said:

I heard it today on NFL network and just now from Joe Buck.

"He played under two defensive minded coaches and never had an opportunity to cut it loose."

OMG!

This is Cleveland propaganda. Always amazing to me how little the national media knows.

Or maybe the national media knows how Billsy the Buffalo fans can be.

For the life of me, I don't understand why this fan base can't focus on the future rather than start yet another thread about a player who 1) doesn't play in Buffalo anymore and 2) did nothing but represent the franchise in the most professional way possible during his time in Buffalo.  

Edited by Bills757