Marrone prevented the Patriots from winning the Super Bowl

You may be reading the title and wondering how or why.  I came across this interesting article below.  It pretty much says Doug Petersen was very annoyed and enraged watching the AFC Championship Game and Marrone's very conservative play calling.  So he figured if nothing else he sure as hell wasn't losing to the Patriots that way. 

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/eagles-doug-pederson-fearless-doug-marrone-jaguars-patriots-afc-champtionship-game-20180821.html

If Petersen didn't coach that aggressively in the Super Bowl the Eagles wouldn't have won.  So yes Marrone in some ways inspired this.  So I say thank you St. Doug after all. 

Hey look even if you don't believe that I hope you do get a smile out of this below.  Those depressed looks!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

He was probably so mad because he would have preferred to play Jax no doubt in the SB...

"

It made me mad because Jacksonville had New England right where they wanted them. I was screaming at the TV in my office. When they knelt right before halftime, inside I was like, 'I'll never do that.' It fueled me. They could have least tried for a field goal. They took it out of their quarterback's hands, and they didn't give to their big back Leonard Fournette. I thought, 'If they lose this game, this is why.' Sure enough they would go on to lose the game

."

7 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

You may be reading the title and wondering how or why.  I came across this interesting article below.  It pretty much says Doug Petersen was very annoyed and enraged watching the AFC Championship Game and Marrone's very conservative play calling.  So he figured if nothing else he sure as hell wasn't losing to the Patriots that way. 

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/eagles-doug-pederson-fearless-doug-marrone-jaguars-patriots-afc-champtionship-game-20180821.html

I’ll never grow tired of watching that 

• Like (+1) 5

41 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

If Petersen didn't coach that aggressively in the Super Bowl the Eagles wouldn't have won.  So yes Marrone in some ways inspired this.  So I say thank you St. Doug after all. 

Hey look even if you don't believe that I hope you do get a smile out of this below.  Those depressed looks!

Gold, Jerry. Pure GOLD!

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Me watching this video...

tenor.gif

BTW - Doug Peterson is my freakin' hero.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have to thank Doug Marrone for a New England loss? Oh no.  I'll be lucky if this doesn't me want to go drink some hemlock.  No not really.  I'll just content myself with the thought that Doug Pederson is smarter than Doug Marrone.  That's a much easier way to look at it.

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

Atlanta lost the SB being aggressive. 

... at the wrong time. They had it won by being aggressive and then they lost because they didn't know when to just protect the ball. Seattle, too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

What I love the most about this is....EVERY SINGLE SECOND! 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

:lol:

Still not as entertaining as The Young Turks election night meltdown, but still a good find

And yes to the Asian chick in the Brady jersey

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Atlanta lost the SB being aggressive. 

True.  Although Shanahan's ego had something to do with it.   He screwed that up so badly.    Same way Seattle lost SB to them with Pete Carrol at the helm.   

Pats won two championships simply because their opponents got too cocky and adandoned the run when it's all they needed to do.

• Like (+1) 1