This defense is overrated

Yeezus

11 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

I'm basing it off last season and the fact we have a rookie MLB. 

The defense is far different than last season. And oh, BTW, the defense was brand new last year and faced completely different opponents. So we'll all find out together how they perform.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

On. No he’s not. I think it’s pretty clear. I suggest not feeding the troll. 

I’m OK with being “realistic”, but this isn’t that. 

Yes. It’s a fan base website for the Buffalo Bills. Contrary points of view are the cog which keeps the wheels spinning. But Yeesus has shown consistently -if not universally that his posts & threads are nothing more than pot stirring troll bait. No one could possibly hate a team they purport to support to this degree, given his remarkable ‘ sticktoittiveness‘. 

It’s getting old.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This time I actually agree, especially when I see people saying top 5, or even 10. This D was 26th in yards last year. They will be better, and a jump up to the middle IS a significant jump. Top 5 is dreaming, especially when you look at lack of depth in a couple key spots. 

OK...I'll bite.  So, what does the OP want done about it now?  They drafted a MLB in the first round, then later drafted a promising DT, and they picked up a couple of veteran D Linemen in Free Agency.  Is there something else they should have done?

• Like (+1) 2

Yeezus Christ! They haven't even played a down yet. Do you really think McD and Frazier are really showing you what schemes they plan on utilizing mostly on gamedays? I bet you thought they weren't making the playoffs last year either huh.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

OK...I'll bite.  So, what does the OP want done about it now?  They drafted a MLB in the first round, then later drafted a promising DT, and they picked up a couple of veteran D Linemen in Free Agency.  Is there something else they should have done?

Traded for Aaron Donald and Kahlil Mack.

51 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

I think a lot of fans need a reality check when it comes to the defense. People saying we will have a top 10 or even top 5 ranked defense? What exactly are they basing this off of? 

Our pass rush ranks near dead last in the NFL, and we haven't improved that much over the season. We arguably have one of the worst LB's cores in the NFL. Edmunds will go through a lot of growing pains, and the rest of the LB's wouldn't even start on other top teams in the league. This will hurt our run defense, I can see many teams having huge games on the ground this season due to our LB weakness. People think Star Lotuleli is going to come in and fix our run defense but the guy has been ranked one of the worst DT's against the run in the past few years. 

Our secondary over achieved last season, and we still ended up ranked middle of the pack. Outside of Hyde and Tre White the depth there is worrying. We are 1 Vonte Davis injury away from being in trouble. 

We need to hit the brakes on the defense expectations. It's a rebuilding year and the defense is no exception. Most important thing this year is development of our rookies. 

I think you need to educate yourself on other teams defensive rosters.

55 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

I think a lot of fans need a reality check when it comes to the defense. People saying we will have a top 10 or even top 5 ranked defense? What exactly are they basing this off of? 

Our pass rush ranks near dead last in the NFL, and we haven't improved that much over the season. We arguably have one of the worst LB's cores in the NFL. Edmunds will go through a lot of growing pains, and the rest of the LB's wouldn't even start on other top teams in the league. This will hurt our run defense, I can see many teams having huge games on the ground this season due to our LB weakness. People think Star Lotuleli is going to come in and fix our run defense but the guy has been ranked one of the worst DT's against the run in the past few years. 

Our secondary over achieved last season, and we still ended up ranked middle of the pack. Outside of Hyde and Tre White the depth there is worrying. We are 1 Vonte Davis injury away from being in trouble. 

We need to hit the brakes on the defense expectations. It's a rebuilding year and the defense is no exception. Most important thing this year is development of our rookies. 

This is all based off of last week vs. the Browns'...you can admit it.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Traded for Khalil Mack without giving up a first round pick and getting him to agree to 8 million a year for 7 years.