This defense is overrated

Yeezus

I think a lot of fans need a reality check when it comes to the defense. People saying we will have a top 10 or even top 5 ranked defense? What exactly are they basing this off of? 

Our pass rush ranks near dead last in the NFL, and we haven't improved that much over the season. We arguably have one of the worst LB's cores in the NFL. Edmunds will go through a lot of growing pains, and the rest of the LB's wouldn't even start on other top teams in the league. This will hurt our run defense, I can see many teams having huge games on the ground this season due to our LB weakness. People think Star Lotuleli is going to come in and fix our run defense but the guy has been ranked one of the worst DT's against the run in the past few years. 

Our secondary over achieved last season, and we still ended up ranked middle of the pack. Outside of Hyde and Tre White the depth there is worrying. We are 1 Vonte Davis injury away from being in trouble. 

We need to hit the brakes on the defense expectations. It's a rebuilding year and the defense is no exception. Most important thing this year is development of our rookies. 

Edited by Yeezus
new title
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Stop crying. You have no idea how the defense will perform, just like everyone else.

It is impossible to overrate a defense that hasn't played a single snap.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Stop crying. You have no idea how the defense will perform, just like everyone else.

It is impossible to overrate a defense that hasn't played a single snap.

I'm basing it off last season and the fact we have a rookie MLB. 

31 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

You are overrated. 

No. No he’s not. Maybe in his own mind.  I think it’s pretty clear. I suggest not feeding the troll. 

I’m OK with being “realistic”, but this isn’t that. This is someone craving attention. 

Edited by Augie

So taking expectations from top 10 or top 5 and contrarianizing from under the bridge (or is it from the back of the boat, I'm always at a loss on that one) to a rebuilding year defense with no expectations is a realistic take?  Yeezus H...