Raiders Waive 2017 2nd Round Pick Obi Melifonwu; Sign Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just like when we eventually release Zay?

I guess anything is possible, another poster posted towards the top of the thread that aside from injuries that Oakland felt "he never quite liked football enough". I don't know about that situation, but I don't think Buffalo thinks that of Zay. You never know what can happen from one moment to the next in the NFL so we will see soon enough I guess.

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

The raiders are so dysfunctional.

If I’m the bills, I’m looking into him to see if he needs a fresh start like Corey Coleman did. 

If he "doesn't like football all that much" as has been reported,  then he doesn't fit the McBeane profile at all.  Beane has been quoted as wanting players, not athletes, and guys who love football.  When reporters have talked to Buffalo's draft picks, that's a common thread in their responses to questions.  They love football.  

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

If he "doesn't like football all that much" as has been reported,  then he doesn't fit the McBeane profile at all.  Beane has been quoted as wanting players, not athletes, and guys who love football.  When reporters have talked to Buffalo's draft picks, that's a common thread in their responses to questions.  They love football.  

That’s if those reports on Obi are true...This is Gruden and the Raiders we are talking about.

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

The raiders are so dysfunctional.

If I’m the bills, I’m looking into him to see if he needs a fresh start like Corey Coleman did. 

The Raiders are no more dysfunctional than the Bills were last year.    They are shaping the roster with players Gruden thinks will help him succeed.    Will it work?  Who knows, but this kid couldnt get on the field when Del Rio was coach. 

The problem the Raiders have right now is every journalist jumped all over their stuff, crowned them and their quarterback as God's gift to football after one winning season over the last 15 years.  

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just like when we eventually release Zay?

Rumor has it... Zay has been working hard on his hand stuff with the JUGS machine. If this comes to fruition he just may catch some crucial game winning TDs of the Josh Allen “roaring rocket” variety. Then, and only then, YE OLE will proclaim young Zay to be THE WHIP... FACT!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah, IMO though I don't think he is/will do a good job. I think all the time away will haunt him. Remains to be seen but, I don't think it will turn out too good for the Raiders.

This is Gruden's first year with them, so the bad picks from 2017 can't be attributed to him. That being said I don't think this expiriment ends well. I think he has a pair of sub par 5-7 win seasons, then one good season followed by 2 bad ones. I think it will go about as good as Joe Gibbs return with the Redskins in the mid 2000's. Although Gibbs had 2 playoff appearances in 4 years the Redskins were never able to reach their lofty expectations with Gibbs despite the talent they gave him.