Raiders Waive 2017 2nd Round Pick Obi Melifonwu; Sign Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Just now, wppete said:

Is he injured???

In his rookie season, Melifonwu appeared in five games and made one start, but spent 10 weeks on injured reserve with knee and hip injuries. Adding injury to injury, the safety suffered what the team termed a "lower body injury" last week. He leaves Oakland with just seven tackles to his name.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Gruden is running the show. I hope for the Raiders' sake he knows what he's doing.

Yeah, IMO though I don't think he is/will do a good job. I think all the time away will haunt him. Remains to be seen but, I don't think it will turn out too good for the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah, IMO though I don't think he is/will do a good job. I think all the time away will haunt him. Remains to be seen but, I don't think it will turn out too good for the Raiders.

A lot has changed since he was last in the NFL, so you could well be correct.  They need to have a good team when they move to Vegas. 

8 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

He wasn't that good in Tampa. Can't imagine seeing the classic Tampa 2  making a comeback

I recall a bit of hype about this guy in the lead up to the draft last year..

Exhibit A from La Confora

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-how-obi-melifonwu-has-gone-from-an-unknown-to-a-likely-first-round-pick/

Obi Melifonwu is arguably the best athlete in the 2017 NFL Draft. His metrics are world class across the board, and the versatile defensive back is less than a week away from cashing in on all of his hard work preparing for the most grueling and lengthy job interview of his life. He's about to accomplish something strikingly similar to what former college teammate Byron Jones, another freakishly athletic safety, achieved just two Aprils ago, when Jones went to the Dallas Cowboys with the 27th overall pick. Melifonwu appears on the cusp of becoming just the third player in the history of the UConn program to be taken in the first round of the NFL Draft.

53 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In his rookie season, Melifonwu appeared in five games and made one start, but spent 10 weeks on injured reserve with knee and hip injuries. Adding injury to injury, the safety suffered what the team termed a "lower body injury" last week. He leaves Oakland with just seven tackles to his name.

He does origami?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1