Daboll presser 8/23/18

2 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Daboll may be a great hire and great oc but he says less than nothing in these pressers. I didn't know it was possible to say less than McDermott but he does. Total coach speak all the time.

.......what would you expect from a McD staffer?........hell Murphy was "miked up" for the Browns game and I'd bet McD cut the cord......

Funny bit of info. My sister calls me out of the blue months ago and asks me if I knew who the new Bills coach is. I say yes, why?...

because she dated him many years ago. Said he was a really nice guy at least back then. Had to be late 90s or so. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Goodness, every thread is team Peterman and team Allen battling lol.. 

Team Bills. Who cares who starts or who you like more? They get some W’s with this team is all that matters. 

Poor McCarron...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Daboll has a jewelry box full of super bowl and National title rings.   I'm glad we brought him in I think he can get our offense on the right track.   He was also involved in the draft of Allen, and he's been working with Peterman and McCarron since we signed him on and since McCarron signed with us.   

All of our QBs should be capable of winning games (at least I hope).   He can taylor the offense to each QB's strengths.  

So you're saying we should have kept Taylor then right lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Daboll may be a great hire and great oc but he says less than nothing in these pressers. I didn't know it was possible to say less than McDermott but he does. Total coach speak all the time.

You're right. I don't understand why he and Frazier for that matter don't lay out the entire playbook and schemes for us to critique. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Daboll has a jewelry box full of super bowl and National title rings.   I'm glad we brought him in I think he can get our offense on the right track.   He was also involved in the draft of Allen, and he's been working with Peterman and McCarron since we signed him on and since McCarron signed with us.   

All of our QBs should be capable of winning games (at least I hope).   He can taylor the offense to each QB's strengths.  

I'm not saying that Daboll is a bad hire...he gets the benefit of the doubt from me 100%, and I like what I've seen so far in TC and preseason.

Just to point out though, that Dennison had a jewelry box with rings in it, including playoffs and SB.  I kind of used that as an argument why he might be a good hire, and it turned out instead I had a bad argument.

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Funny bit of info. My sister calls me out of the blue months ago and asks me if I knew who the new Bills coach is. I say yes, why?...

because she dated him many years ago. Said he was a really nice guy at least back then. Had to be late 90s or so. 

Daboll?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not saying that Daboll is a bad hire...he gets the benefit of the doubt from me 100%, and I like what I've seen so far in TC and preseason.

Just to point out though, that Dennison had a jewelry box with rings in it, including playoffs and SB.  I kind of used that as an argument why he might be a good hire, and it turned out instead I had a bad argument.

Daboll?

Yes. Daboll 

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

You're right. I don't understand why he and Frazier for that matter don't lay out the entire playbook and schemes for us to critique. 

You're right too. There are no positions between opening the playbook to the fans to critique  and saying "they are wonderful young men working hard and going through the process". Very informative. I'm so glad he's keeping it simple and on your level for you.

9 hours ago, BubbaT said:

You're right too. There are no positions between opening the playbook to the fans to critique  and saying "they are wonderful young men working hard and going through the process". Very informative. I'm so glad he's keeping it simple and on your level for you.

What exactly do you want to hear that will stimulate your senses? Ray Ray reads poetry, Tre takes moonlight walks on the beach, Wyatt enjoys calf roping in his spare time? Keeping it simple doesn't make someone a simpleton or maybe you're a summa cum laude and need more enlightenment. All I need to hear is " we're on our way to Cincinnati". 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Don't want to get carried away before the actual games have started but Daboll's been a breath of fresh air

Fun to hear a Buffalo coach that sounds like a Buffalonian.  I know he went to Frannies and all that but he's been all over the place since then and hasn't lost the accent.  Of course, maybe it came back.  I know when I come home the accent comes back really quickly for me.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

What exactly do you want to hear that will stimulate your senses? Ray Ray reads poetry, Tre takes moonlight walks on the beach, Wyatt enjoys calf roping in his spare time? Keeping it simple doesn't make someone a simpleton or maybe you're a summa cum laude and need more enlightenment. All I need to hear is " we're on our way to Cincinnati". 

Silence is preferred. A total waste of time to have a press conference and hear tripe.

2 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Silence is preferred. A total waste of time to have a press conference and hear tripe.

I agree with you but that's what we get with Belicheck all the time so I guess McD is following the same routine. Aren't PCs somewhat mandatory?