Bills will start 2-0 if Allen is the Starter

8 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Lol if Allen doesn't play well in his first real test vs the Bengals this fanbase is going to get hit with a hard dose of reality. 

He is already being pressured to start. bills fans are going to ruin another rookie QB

i'm so sick of us doing that!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I now feel I was the reason behind JP Losman failing.  I said too many negative things on him when I was on BBMB.  

you don't want to know what i did to todd collins.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If we lose a lot, for once QB might not be the main reason. 

Even if it is, I’ll consider it ‘the Learning Curve’ season. I’ve seen enough of Allen already to know he’s better than any other QB we’ve had this century.

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I'm just going to throw this out there...don't freak out like so many others do when I simply state some obvious things that don't toe the insanely optimistic Allen opinions, but that Chargers game is very unlikely to be a win IMO, regardless of who's starting at QB.

- Chargers were 5th in the league in sacks

- Chargers were 3rd in turnover differential

- Chargers were 3rd in passing yards allowed per game

- Chargers D-linemen destroyed our O-line last year (remember how many angry posts there were about the mic'd up Chargers linemen laughing about how easy it was?) ; Joey Bosa & Melvin Ingram are great players

With how our line looked last year when we actually had a solid group, combined with how our line looks now without those players so far, it's hard to imagine a scenario in which they don't run rampant in our backfield play after play...making whoever's QB run for their life or get knocked out of the game.

On the plus side, we're playing at home, which will be huge. We're only 3 - 9 against the Chargers since 1985, but 3 - 3 at home in that time against them. Much preferred over traveling across the country.

You're forgetting we beat the Chargers last year, their QB tossed an incredible 5 picks, and our d line was ferocious and created pressures and mismatches all game. It was a bloodletting.

I think you have us confused with a whole nother team. 

I don't know about the rest of you but Allen just looks a cut above every QB we've had here since Kelly. Guys on WGR are warning everyone that EJ had the same stat line after two preseason games, but EJ never had the skills that Allen is showing. 

11 hours ago, cba fan said:

If Bills start off 2-0 with Allen playing stellar, WNY will explode. Maybe even S Canada.

New Era ticket prices and demand on secondary market will skyrocket. 

I can get rich selling my tickets ;)

But then I can't go :(

What a dilemma ;) 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know about the rest of you but Allen just looks a cut above every QB we've had here since Kelly. Guys on WGR are warning everyone that EJ had the same stat line after two preseason games, but EJ never had the skills that Allen is showing. 

Has Allen hit the hospitality tent once? ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, cba fan said:

If Bills start off 2-0 with Allen playing stellar, WNY will explode. Maybe even S Canada.

New Era ticket prices and demand on secondary market will skyrocket. 

Yes, I think that is an understatement though. Heck, move over Cowboys. This will be the new Americas Team. Might as well just start the national marketing campaign now. Why wait. 

15 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Gut feeling here, just like I had with Russell Wilson in Seattle a few years ago. I think the Bills will start out 2-0 if the Bills have Allen as their day one starter. 

Prediction Bills 24 Ravens 20 - CB Jimmie Smith of the Ravens is out , Game 2, Bills 27 Chargers 26 Shootout with Rivers with wild home crowd getting the Bills over the top. 

I also predict Allen will be rookie of the year. 

I actually very much think both games are winnable.  Chargers D is over exaggerated here because of the atrocious play of NP.  Tyrod came in and the D went back to meh, people forget that.  

Ravens are nothing more than a mediocre team IMO.  While I expect them to be maybe a little better than last year since they added a better WR in Crabtree, they still don’t scare me and now their best defender is suspended the first 4 Games.

I think both games are just flat out winnable, not just because Allen may start.  Not saying they are easy wins, but I’m certainly not afraid of them.  I think we will lose the Minny game for sure, as I think Minny is a top 2 or 3 team in the NFL right now, but these two can both be won.

Honestly, I don’t care if we start 0-4, I love the direction of the team right now, the potential of the D, and the long term prospects of Allen.  OL and WR positions are huge question marks as well as having a young unproven QB (which is true no matter which of the 3 QBs win the starting gig), so I think its hard to predict our wins and losses right now nor will I gauge the status of the team heavily on our record if we regress.  But neither SD or Balt look insurmountable to me.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Gut feeling here, just like I had with Russell Wilson in Seattle a few years ago. I think the Bills will start out 2-0 if the Bills have Allen as their day one starter. 

Prediction Bills 24 Ravens 20 - CB Jimmie Smith of the Ravens is out , Game 2, Bills 27 Chargers 26 Shootout with Rivers with wild home crowd getting the Bills over the top. 

I also predict Allen will be rookie of the year. 

Not that your biased or anything.

31 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Awwwww yeah!

i never predicted the Bills would win the first two games during the best of the Kelly Era

too much respect for the talent in the NFL to grandly announce easy wins under any daydream