Bills will start 2-0 if Allen is the Starter

Lol if Allen doesn't play well in his first real test vs the Bengals this fanbase is going to get hit with a hard dose of reality. 

He is already being pressured to start. bills fans are going to ruin another rookie QB

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

And he'll do it with a 56% completion percentage to piss people off.

...the "other Josh"...........

Rosen has completed 55.2 percent of his passes during the preseason for 148 yards and a touchdown, while averaging 5.1 yards per attempt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Gut feeling here, just like I had with Russell Wilson in Seattle a few years ago. I think the Bills will start out 2-0 if the Bills have Allen as their day one starter. 

Prediction Bills 24 Ravens 20 - CB Jimmie Smith of the Ravens is out , Game 2, Bills 27 Chargers 26 Shootout with Rivers with wild home crowd getting the Bills over the top. 

I also predict Allen will be rookie of the year. 

Damn....let’s just see how he plays this week

1 hour ago, Yeezus said:

Lol if Allen doesn't play well in his first real test vs the Bengals this fanbase is going to get hit with a hard dose of reality. 

He is already being pressured to start. bills fans are going to ruin another rookie QB

Could happen.  Then Peterman starts.  Not a big deal.  If fans can "ruin" a rookie QB, then we have way more power than we thought. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Gut feeling here, just like I had with Russell Wilson in Seattle a few years ago. I think the Bills will start out 2-0 if the Bills have Allen as their day one starter. 

Prediction Bills 24 Ravens 20 - CB Jimmie Smith of the Ravens is out , Game 2, Bills 27 Chargers 26 Shootout with Rivers with wild home crowd getting the Bills over the top. 

I'm just going to throw this out there...don't freak out like so many others do when I simply state some obvious things that don't toe the insanely optimistic Allen opinions, but that Chargers game is very unlikely to be a win IMO, regardless of who's starting at QB.

- Chargers were 5th in the league in sacks

- Chargers were 3rd in turnover differential

- Chargers were 3rd in passing yards allowed per game

- Chargers D-linemen destroyed our O-line last year (remember how many angry posts there were about the mic'd up Chargers linemen laughing about how easy it was?) ; Joey Bosa & Melvin Ingram are great players

With how our line looked last year when we actually had a solid group, combined with how our line looks now without those players so far, it's hard to imagine a scenario in which they don't run rampant in our backfield play after play...making whoever's QB run for their life or get knocked out of the game.

On the plus side, we're playing at home, which will be huge. We're only 3 - 9 against the Chargers since 1985, but 3 - 3 at home in that time against them. Much preferred over traveling across the country.

41 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

We could split with New England I think 

I mean we COULD...but we could every year and something always goes wrong.

When Brady is something like 33-2 in games that he started & finished against us, that just shows how dominant him & Ol' Bill have been against us. Hell, remember last year's Christmas Eve game when Dennison coached probably the best game of his life, yet we still lost? Man...so many perfect opportunities and amazing play calls that just got ruined by poor execution... So many potentially awesome drives ended with FG's instead of TD's, and after half time, our defense couldn't hold out anymore.

It's always something with the Pats... The saddest stat I remember hearing a year or so ago was Brady had more wins in Buffalo than any Bills QB since Jim Kelly.

Edited by BigDingus

7 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Why the Fans? Coaches shoulder starting him or not. Our feuds on TBD hold nothing.

7 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Yeezus Christ! No thread is complete without your charm added in.

Anyway, today, more than at any time in League history, no team is a sure bet to win any game. I think we’re at least equal to the Ravens and for reasons unknown, SD plays beneath their considerable talent year in & year out.

its not a pipe dream that we could be 2-0, but it’ll take error free play and a little luck to pull it off.

11 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

I detect some potential bias, Josh

3 minutes ago, PIP said:

so since you only say 2-0 does that mean we lose the 3rd game?

Ha! NOTHING gets past you!

Seriously though, Minn/GB on the road will be tough for Every team traveling there this season. While losses are never a good thing, out of Conference losses carry much less weight. In recent years, we’ve swept OoC games and never sniffed the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1