Stadium Name

What do you usual call our stadium in conversation?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What do you usual call our stadium in conversation?

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I remember reading the story of how outrageous Ralph thought it was to pay OJ $100,000 a year. Also, my dad always tells me how crazy people thought it was that he paid $12 (as opposed to the usual price of $8) to see the Stones there.

I think I sat next to him. Great guy! 

16 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Literally just googled it before you posted this. And I'm sure your $65 seats were nosebleeds too. As opposed to what was probably a GA, or one price for all seating in 82.

image.png.35161f7d75c9ddaf79c911f37e12c4f4.png

I saw the Stones there a couple times in the 70’s, and it was GA, and really was quite..... well behaved. 

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

He was the guy with a picture of a tongue on his shirt.

YEAH! That WAS him! I knew I felt a connection. 

10 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

It's what they tried calling it as a "hip" tie in with the New Era thing. Always felt forced. 

Yeah, it has to be natural.

Just calling it "New Era" is easy and probably what the kids will be calling it.

Or when they build the new stadium, it will probably take on the nickname of an object the design resembles.

When the Cardinals built their new stadium, it was a fresh design, but looked like a big round pin cushion.

So, the locals call it "the pin cushion."

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...New Era does have right of first refusal on naming rights of new stadium if one is built....at a significantly higher price tag..........

They blew their budget taking 'R. BRANDON' off of office doors, lobby directories, and out of automatic phone directories.

• Haha (+1) 1

Long live The Ralph!

And I miss The Aud too. Great place to watch hockey in that old school environment.

No video board? Check.

Death defying slope in the Oranges? Check.

The musty dank? Check.

I had/have a small obsession with The Aud,  and took several unauthorized trips inside, around 2007. Have tons of pictures and probably some asbestos exposure to go with them. It was pretty awesome having the whole barn to myself.

I have a nice Aud collection too, 5 blue seats, several pieces of the limestone exterior, a piece of painted concrete from the interior hall, a beautiful art deco glass light cover, and other assorted randomness. Have some interesting paperwork from my trips inside, including a marketing report from the early 80s on how to make the Aud experience better.

I also made a nice charcoal rubbing of the ‘1939’ cornerstone. The building was already fenced off for demo, but I went in anyways. Several workers came over while I was making it and were like “cool!”. Then a supervisor came over and said “You really shouldn’t be inside the fence...but go ahead and finish and then ya gotta go”.  I like to believe that I was the last person “kicked out” of the Aud.

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Chicharito said:

I still call coke field pilot field and i try to call rich stadium by the name of the week but rich stadium is what comes out of my mouth!

That one's a bit different though.  It has changed names 75 times, so at least for me, I just revert to the original name.