Stadium Name

What do you usual call our stadium in conversation?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What do you usual call our stadium in conversation?

9 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Has anybody ever called it “the cap” in the history of its existence?

I've seen local media and Bills official social media say it in attempts to be hip. Never like, an actual person saying it in conversation. image.png.742b49c3583877bd3fe365a7b4e53505.png

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
Smaller picture
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OK so the 3 of us call it the Ralph!  That's it!  It's official - write it in blood!! ?

I get why the Pegula's sold the rights, but I wish they would call it New Era Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium.  Then we could call it a whole host of things - The Ralph and The Cap being 2 favs!  That way they could splash New Era's name all around the inside and we would still have good names for the joint.

I remember reading that Bob Rich early on was a potential suitor for the team. I was kinda rooting for it if Pegula didn't work out. Simply because of the fact that the Bills used to play in a stadium named after Rich (or his product at least), and owned by Ralph Wilson. Then would have came full circle, playing in a stadium named after Ralph, owned by Rich.

Just now, Blue on Blue said:

I call it War Memorial.

My Grandpa always called the new arena The Aud till the day he died. Don't even know what it's called now honestly. Key Bank I think. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My Grandpa always called the new arena The Aud till the day he died. Don't even know what it's called now honestly. Key Bank I think. 

Off to the side of our property, we have a slab of concrete (formerly a barn floor) with a basketball hoop.  My kids call it "The Aud."  I can't remember using the term, but I must have.  By the way, the Aud had that indefinable something.  It was an electric place for sports.

Edited by Blue on Blue

28 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Has anybody ever called it “the cap” in the history of its existence?

Some of my friend group does actually. We started doing it in a mocking / joking way but now we’re inadvertently using it in casual conversation. 

11 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

Off to the side of our property, we have a slab of concrete (formerly a barn floor) with a basketball hoop.  My kids call it "The Aud."  I can't remember using the term, but I must have.  By the way, the Aud had that indefinable something.  It was an electric place for sports.

I was only there a handful of times towards the end. I remember a few Blizzard games, and a Sabres Alumni game. But I was young, so I didn't know any difference. My dad tells me I decided I had to pee right as Gil Perrault took the puck behind his own net. He told me I'd never forget this, and if I pee'd my pants, he wouldn't be mad. I didn't pee my pants, but have no recollection of it. Lol.  

I still call it Rich Stadium and honestly, when I think of the arena downtown, I think of Marine Midland. 

This poll will be skewed by certain ages that respond.

Sincerely, 

Sitting right now directly next to two orange seats from the Aud

• Like (+1) 1