SI's Andy Benoit: Buffalo Bills 2018 Season Preview

I would say if you watched Allen his accuracy is better than his stats at this point, but time will tell.. As of now I see him as being more accurate than Cam. We will see as the bullets start to fly this weekend with the 1's

• Like (+1) 1

Not to knock Benoit, but how much actual understanding of the Bills can he have from Idaho? He can certainly read and watch some video but that’s a far cry from being there in person.  

Always interesting to to hear an ‘outsiders’ take, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I would say if you watched Allen his accuracy is better than his stats at this point, but time will tell.. As of now I see him as being more accurate than Cam. We will see as the bullets start to fly this weekend with the 1's

I am not sure if it really matters. This narrative of Allen being “wildly inaccurate” has just taken on a life of it’s own...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I am not sure if it really matters. This narrative of Allen being “wildly inaccurate” has just taken on a life of it’s own...

I'm focusing on some of the reports I read recently from preseason perspective when they look at his stats and see he is completing 55%... I blame the low comp on 3rd stringers during the 1st game mostly.

He's tossed a few errant balls but a couple were just well placed for the situation that was away from the defender and gave WR the only chance at it which is a positive.. Overall My eyeball, at this early junction,  says he is capable of consistent 60% eventually. But naturally we need to see more and this weekend will be huge 

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What if last year was only overachieving because the media doesn't actually know anything and considers the Bills a joke?..... 

It was considered overachieving  because basically all of the stats suggest that the Bills are ripe for a major regression to the mean. They were a huge outlier team last year. It's not impossible for them to be an outlier again, but it's pretty rare.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It was considered overachieving  because basically all of the stats suggest that the Bills are ripe for a major regression to the mean. They were a huge outlier team last year. It's not impossible for them to be an outlier again, but it's pretty rare.

Of course, it’s also possible that they’ll actually improve as a team.  That possibility seems to be entirely discounted, despite the fact that we’ll have a new QB and lots of other new starters.

50 minutes ago, mannc said:

Of course, it’s also possible that they’ll actually improve as a team.  That possibility seems to be entirely discounted, despite the fact that we’ll have a new QB and lots of other new starters.

It's possible, but outside of the rookies, it's not like these players are unknown. They've clearly gotten worse on the O-Line for example. All three levels of the defense could go either way IMO. Same with WRs and RBs and the QB play will almost certainly be worse this year. I think the best hope is that Daboll might be a huge upgrade over Dennison.

• Like (+1) 1