Teddy Bridgewater's Miraculous Comeback

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Amazing story.  I still think he is a low level nfl start.  His arm is too weak.  But awesome that he made it back. 

......not only was his leg at risk, facing possible amputation, but his life as well........damn good story.........just a speculative hunch, but I don't think he drew McBeane's interest as his style is generally similar to TT....the trio in camp is more, let's say traditional, but Allen's mobility for such a big kid is pretty amazing....CANNOT Be a steady diet though....

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......not only was his leg at risk, facing possible amputation, but his life as well........damn good story.........just a speculative hunch, but I don't think he drew McBeane's interest as his style is generally similar to TT....the trio in camp is more, let's say traditional, but Allen's mobility for such a big kid is pretty amazing....CANNOT Be a steady diet though....

Teddy is traditional. He's a lot like Peterman/McCarron, just better.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

With all due respect, TB is more of a pocket passer and Tyrod has a much stronger arm.  As limited as he is, I feel like he would be an upgrade to AJ and Peterman but won’t throw a draft pick to get him.

9 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

This is one incident that if there is video of it, I hope it’s never released.

7 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

That was not a compound fracture.

A compound fracture is when there is an open wound, generally when bone pierces through the skin.

It is referred to as "compound" because the open wound compounds the injury due to the soft tissue trauma and increased risk of infection.

Bridgewater had a knee dislocation (not a kneecap dislocation), which is a full disarticulation of the tibia from the femur.

It has massive trauma to the internal knee structure, which can include any number of bone contusions, ligament damage, tendon damage, and/or vascular damage.

Not only was that video but a compound fracture, but Teddy's injury was not a fracture either.

**Btw Royale, you were correct in saying that Teddy's injury was much worse than that video. Teddy would have been lucky to have just a fracture**

I actually would like to see the video.  Because I have absolutely no idea how he had all that damage from a non contact injury.  I know it happens with ACLs all the time, but they say this type of thing is usually in car accidents, etc.  It really makes no sense to me. 

7 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I don't understand whey the Vikes didn't hang on to him.  He may well end up being better than Cousins (who I like) and won't cost $84 million, or whatever ridiculous fully guaranteed money they gave him.  I guess they were not confident that he could fully recover from the injury.  Nice play by the Jests to pick him up for $10 M.  Good insurance for Darnold/McCown (and they didn't have Darnold at the time of the signing) or they can flip him for a draft pick.  I was hoping the Bills would pick him up, but Allen is looking good, so I am happy with how it is playing out for us.

Because before the injury, he was a 3000 yard 14 TD a year QB.

I still don't understand the Bridgewater legend making here.

He was TT minus the significant running threat.

49 minutes ago, bbb said:

I actually would like to see the video.  Because I have absolutely no idea how he had all that damage from a non contact injury.  I know it happens with ACLs all the time, but they say this type of thing is usually in car accidents, etc.  It really makes no sense to me. 

Hard pivot, blew ligaments like in a normal ACL cutting injury, and the hard pivot with a planted foot and cleats led to the femur translating off the tib plateau.

That's the only thing I can think of how it would happen.

34 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Hard pivot, blew ligaments like in a normal ACL cutting injury, and the hard pivot with a planted foot and cleats led to the femur translating off the tib plateau.

That's the only thing I can think of how it would happen.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bbb said:

Now I do want to see the video of that! 

Reports after the injury from eyewitnesses stated that players who saw it or looked at it, turned away, and several nearly fainted, as several others vomited from the traumatic scene.

7 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Reports after the injury from eyewitnesses stated that players who saw it or looked at it, turned away, and several nearly fainted, as several others vomited from the traumatic scene.

Crazy.  I thought dislocating my kneecap was bad enough.  This was when I found out that I didn't dislocate my knee.  I always thought they were the same thing.