What Is Your Favorite Place To Watch The Bills (If not at the game)

corta765

So obviously if your not at the Ralph or the game what is your preferred environment to watch Bills games?

For me I've found over the years I've grown to like watching the games with a group of people. I find it makes it more fun even if they are doing bad whether its at a house or a bar.

Being at a bar with a lot of Bills fans when their winning seems to be unmatched in energy. I have twice been to the Bills Backers bar in DC (15 Titans comeback, 16 Rams win) and I couldn't believe how much fun it was there. That said we have a viewing party for the first away game every year with 40-50 people and that has been awesome same with just watching with 5-10 people outside in the backyard. Anyway I at least like watching I guess with a few people just because it makes it feel a little more lively and after that the setting can change.

At home.  My favorite is when I can bring a TV outside on my back deck and watch the game with a few friends.

I did the Bills backer bar in Charlotte, NC for a few years but it got to be too much effort and too expensive as well.  I prefer to just be at home on my time with my good beer and food at a fraction of the cost.   

• Like (+1) 1

If I'm not at the game, I would rather be in my living room. I say a lot of dumb things during games, and don't want to listen to some stranger at a bar say dumb things to me either. But for some reason I have season tickets, and love being at the stadium. I'm weird I guess. I suppose how busy a home game is, I enjoy the quiet on Sunday's for an away game. I also need to make sure the living room is perfectly clean and organized, to make it feel like I'm in a luxury box for the day.

• Haha (+1) 3

@my house with friends, on back porch with two 55 inch TVs going!

I am a big Sunday dinner is Sunday dinner..no excuses for any of us not to be there, and I do the cooking! So this way I can cook and watch football all day and usually have family and friends for a Sunday feast!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My living room.  

It used to be the Bills Backers Chapter in Atlanta but it's too loud...it's a sign I'm getting old.  I'm only 36....

That's not true!  The older you get, the LESS the noise will bother you.  I'm there!  What noise???

• Like (+1) 1

Home. I turn the projector on downstairs...I turn the 55 inch on upstairs...I bounce back and forth wherever I feel like the mojo is best.

When games get ugly, I stay downstairs and the family lets me seethe in peace (that is, they leave so they don't hear me swearing).

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

That's not true!  The older you get, the LESS the noise will bother you.  I'm there!  What noise???

You would hear this noise for sure.  Atlanta  (not sure if they do this still) at commercial breaks, blasted rap music....new rap music.

If I listen to rap, it's 90's west coast/east coast rap.  Today's rap is just awful IMO. 

Atlanta also have a DJ that would try to pump up the crowd in the bar....I'm just not into that anymore.  In college, yes.  

I wish that I could do it at home more, because I legitimately love making gameday feasts. I've gotten pretty darn good an oven roasted wings (similar crunch, less oil and mess), ribs and nachos. Sadly, I'm in the Philly area and compete with my wife with game time, so the Bills game is rarely on. 

There is a wonderful group of Bills Backers in Philly. Sadly, Tavern on Broad really didn't live up to the last place (I am blanking on the name) and were kind of jerks. I have heard good things about the new watering hole Tir Na Nog.

24 minutes ago, boater said:

Home.

With the TV sound = off. Radio sound = on (if they are reasonably synced, sometimes the delay is intolerable)

Ah, the good ole Days. Sitting in the stadium w/ Van Miller on my transistor radio. Talk about LIVE!

• Like (+1) 1

Agree with most who like to watch at home alone. 

My friends go out to bars and that's great for them. But knowing I can pause live action to make another drink or take a dump really is gratifying. Along with that I can hear all of the commentary and not have beer spilled on me by somebody that's had one or seven too many.

If they win, THEN I GO TO THE BAR :-)