The Bills Are Seven Point Dogs in Week 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What shocks me is New England is only a 7 point favorite at home,l Texans played them tough last year, if a Texan db didn't drop an int they would have beat them.

Houston will win the game outright.  Week 1 upset special.  The time to beat NE is September.  

5 hours ago, billspro said:

Really? The Ravens are not that good. They are one of the easier teams on our schedule. It will be tough to get the win with a rookie QB on the road but our D should shut that offence down. It will probably be a close game decided by a field goal. If we stop their running game we will win.

Last year we penciled in the Falcons and Denver as  = L 

and Saints as a = W 

we know how that worked out  

4 games with higher lines. 1 with Same.

Jimmy Smith officially out too ?

Nice advantage as we get them week 1 without their top CB. 

I love the matchup , i see a defensive battle, Shady McCoy is the difference  though

40 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Houston will win the game outright.  Week 1 upset special.  The time to beat NE is September.  

Hou is overrated imo.

I can see Belicheck having a field day with the turnover prone Watson

Flacco's been getting a lot of praise this offseason, and the Bills haven't been a good road team in what, nearly 20 years? Coupled with the fact we lost the past several times playing in Baltimore, have a worse team than last time, and our QB situation is one of the least experienced, if not the least experienced in the league, yeah...6 points is generous, expecially considering the home team usually gets -3 off the bat. 

10 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What shocks me is New England is only a 7 point favorite at home,l Texans played them tough last year, if a Texan db didn't drop an int they would have beat them.

You just answered your own question.  Edelman is out.  A lot of people have the Texans as a playoff team with Watson and Watt back.  Plus, New England is sometimes slow out of the gate before finding their soul crushing rhythm down the stretch.

39 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Flacco's been getting a lot of praise this offseason, and the Bills haven't been a good road team in what, nearly 20 years? Coupled with the fact we lost the past several times playing in Baltimore, have a worse team than last time, and our QB situation is one of the least experienced, if not the least experienced in the league, yeah...6 points is generous, expecially considering the home team usually gets -3 off the bat. 

A Joe Flacco led team shouldn't be favored by more than a touchdown.  Six to seven points sounds about right to me.  Especially given the uncertainly of the QB situation.  I'd put them as a 3 to 4 point favorite on a neutral site.

Edited by Doc Brown

11 hours ago, billspro said:

Really? The Ravens are not that good. They are one of the easier teams on our schedule. It will be tough to get the win with a rookie QB on the road but our D should shut that offence down. It will probably be a close game decided by a field goal. If we stop their running game we will win.

Probably so. That's the way it's gone the last few meetings.

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Which D are you talking about?  The one that got run over in the first quarter against Cleveland, or something else?

The one that gave up 10 to Jacksonville in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Everyone says "the browns are going to be so much better this year!!!"

1. No ****, nowhere to go but up.

2. I look at their schedule, and regardless of who's at QB (or HC), I'm not sure I see them winning more than 5 games at best.

Steelers are a very bad road team...for some reason....

17 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Everyone says "the browns are going to be so much better this year!!!"

1. No ****, nowhere to go but up.

2. I look at their schedule, and regardless of who's at QB (or HC), I'm not sure I see them winning more than 5 games at best.

That's still a whole lot better than they've been thelast couple of years.  I think they could win 7 games, but I don't expect a winning season.

12 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I HOPE you are right,home opener, when was the last time new England lost a home opener.  And Brady looks as good as he ever has, his performance vs Philly was top notch, they sure dont look like they are going to start out slow this year..

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Probably so. That's the way it's gone the last few meetings.

The one that gave up 10 to Jacksonville in the playoffs.

Jags knew it was garbagetime once they got past three points, just laugh and kill the clock and save strength for next week.